!!

Welcome to our Forum, extension and content sharing platform of Electrical Test and Measurement Product Reviews Blog.

Registration this is Free, we accept contributors of 17 years old and above. We do not accept registration with Gmail

Active since 7 June 2012  

Copyright Notice: Entire ITTSB.EU content & images they are copyright protected. - Forum search engine disabled to Guests - No need of you using Adblock software.

Author Topic: Logitech MX510 VS MX518 Gaming mouse for elder boys - unboxing and tips  (Read 2375 times)

Online Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
  • job title: Industrial Maintenance Electrician
I am one of the elder now owners of Logitech MX510.

Back at the year 2008 an friend of my, he started a business of Internet access and Coffee and PC gaming, with 40 gaming PC systems in a large hall.
Logitech MX510 was fresh born and tagged as THE gaming mouse, and therefore this was selected as gaming mouse for the specific business. 
At the year 2010 (two years later) this business ended it activity, and from a carton box full of used MX510 I got three as gift.  :)
After deep clean and inspection, two were restored and they are still in use even today.

Logitech MX510 this is a mouse designed to serve PC gaming of 2008,  as soon gaming display resolution this were higher than 1024x768, mouse sensor DPI this started becoming a limiting factor.
For modern gaming at 1080P or just a bit below, the MX510 this it does not qualify any more as top solution, the new MX518 due it in hardware potentials, this is now the new must have.
Also MX518 due it in hardware potentials, and the enormous of 16K as max DPI, this is capable to be adjusted at in between setting for up to 4K gaming screen analysis.

Therefore the new fashion of DPI programmable mouses this has to do with DPI fine tune according to selected gaming screen resolution.

Logitech MX510 the legendary
In this mouse the word  legendary was added due us the users, due this mouse successful mix of product design among good materials in use, and a sensor with good performance for it age.

Logitech MX518 Not a legendary Yet 
While Logitech MX518 follow the appearance of MX510, the MX518 this is far from be tagged as legendary at 2021.
1) Logitech MX518 this is fresh released product (approximate release date 2018~2019).
2) Build quality still untested.
3) HERO sensor this is it essential step-up that gamers will pay the cash to get.
4) Mouse cord this is thinner than MX510, and product longevity it might have been sacrificed, a thick cable can handle more abuse.

Bad luck or what ?
My fresh arrived MX518 this demonstrated mechanical defect within 30 minutes, the wheel suddenly lost it click sound and feel of feedback.
I do the servicing and cleaning at my both MX510, in the past ten years, never experienced before an steel spring failure.

Therefore here is my pack of comments with an 12 hours experience as fresh owner, I will write more as soon I will study more the actual performance of HERO sensor and of Logitech G HUB software, after the arrival of my replacement within warranty mouse. 

Something new as information to me, this is Logitech serial code translation.
This mouse was produced on 33 week (September) of 2020 year.
WWW.ITTSB.EU   Industrial Test Tools Scoreboard  (Product Reviews Blog) / Editor in Chief.
The content of this Web site is copyright protected

Online Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
  • job title: Industrial Maintenance Electrician
It was in my fate .... first G213 keyboard proved as DEFECTIVE too ( W key was making poor electrical contact).

Both keyboard and mouse were replaced by new.
And this time both of NEW shielded products arrived as DEFECTIVE too  :P

G213 keyboard with dead Left-Arrow key.
MX518 mouse with poor clicking feedback or close to none, this equal in performance with my 10 years old mouse...

Both returned for complete REFUND ...
At Logitech brand of this decade there is nothing left from it past glory.
The factory in China skips totally of any Quality Control inspection, and the victim this is the buyer.

WWW.ITTSB.EU   Industrial Test Tools Scoreboard  (Product Reviews Blog) / Editor in Chief.
The content of this Web site is copyright protected

ITTSB.EU Blog

General Data Protection Regulation GDPR ITTSB.EU Home Page Reward us by a Donation - Sponsorship TsDMMViewer Data Logger for FLUKE 884xA

ITTSB Blog - Sponsors

protosnet.com - Internet solutions FLUKE benchtop DMM Repair Services

Recommended Links

Hellenic Accreditation System E.SY.D. Portal of city Volos - Greece Clean Up and Customize Facebook Firefox Backup Tool 32bit / 64 bit Winaero Tweaker = Win7 Fonts size fix