!!

Welcome to our Forum, extension and content sharing platform of Electrical Test and Measurement Product Reviews Blog.

Registration this is Free, we accept contributors of 17 years old and above. We do not accept registration with Gmail

Active since 7 June 2012  

Copyright Notice: Entire ITTSB.EU content & images they are copyright protected. - Forum search engine disabled to Guests - No need of you using Adblock software.

Electrical Metrology | Measurement Tips & Products | Calibration standards > Electrical Standards & calibration accessories

Unboxing - TIME ELECTRONICS UK - 1048 Voltage/ Current / Loop calibrator

(1/2) > >>

Kiriakos GR:
I wish to thanks TIME ELECTRONICS UK for their offering of 1048 portable calibration source (product sample ) in my Blog.

Product web-link: http://www.timeelectronics.com/portable-voltage-current-instruments/1048-voltagecurrentloop-calibrator/

This is latest made by TE Portable calibration source and a bright example of perfection when we talk about basic level of accuracy as calibration standard for verification and test of handheld multimeter.
ITTSB Blog this is proud to present Unboxing photographs so all consumers to get a real taste of what their money will buy ( speaking of exterior product design and look). 

1048 portable calibration after my own quick testing, I am totally surprised from it NEW product design changes in comparison with much older and full analog MICRO-CAL 1030.
New design is digitally controlled by push button among with analog control due multi-turn potentiometer, operation is so smooth that reminds functionality of Rotary-encoder.

Push buttons operation this is for step-by-step (fine tune) of output at last digit, this detail it is of high significance, especially now that all our multimeter have digital display and much higher display resolution from older analog meters.
Old MICRO-CAL 1030 this it almost impossible to be adjusted with such fine detail by hand.
And nowadays we do not use any more analog multimeter which them are very forgiven speaking of measurement of fine detail. 

I do not have plans for one in-depth product review, there is nothing to explore as wrong with it, the name of TIME ELECTRONICS UK this is best warranty speaking of long term reliability and product quality.

The product comes with printed user manual which I do plan to read every detail in it.
1048 portable calibration it is now basic tool of ITTSB Blog and a calibration standard for all my product reviews in the future. ;) 

Kiriakos GR:

Kiriakos GR:
Follow up: I forgot to take a picture of it (power plug at the top side).
This accepts 12V DC.   

Kiriakos GR:
Here is a good example of another application for such portable calibrators.
And this is calibration inspection of all types of DCV panel meter, digital or analog.

I am currently make one high power DC PSU for a friend of my.
Prior internal DC circuit this gets completed speaking of wiring, I thought to verify meters good operation and I took few pictures.  ;)

Kiriakos GR:
Long story in short version, my calibrator stopped delivering output and I did freak out.  ;D

After several minutes investigating of what I do wrong, I did visited it fuse compartment.
Inside it is one Littelfuse F100mAL250VP fuse, and this was burned.

I do keep stock of several fuses, but Fast 100mA this is not popular value.
For safety reasons I did order original part number and I did even investigate to find alternative fuse by comparing  217 Series Littelfuse F100mA specifications 

Holly Fuse F100mA this is closest alternative, but Littelfuse F100mA this comes first when I compared both charts.

Littelfuse brand marking over the fuse it did confused me in the begging, I thought that I am looking for FF100mA when first F (LF) this was simply a brand marking.  :P

My advice to 1048 Loop calibrator owners, this is get your own stock of replacement fuses before you actually need them .. this equipment its not cheap, and also fuse internal resistance this must be identical if you expect equal precision after installing a new fuse.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

ITTSB.EU Blog

General Data Protection Regulation GDPR ITTSB.EU Home Page Reward us by a Donation - Sponsorship TsDMMViewer Data Logger for FLUKE 884xA

ITTSB Blog - Sponsors

protosnet.com - Internet solutions FLUKE benchtop DMM Repair Services

Recommended Links

Hellenic Accreditation System E.SY.D. Portal of city Volos - Greece Clean Up and Customize Facebook Firefox Backup Tool 32bit / 64 bit Winaero Tweaker = Win7 Fonts size fix
Go to full version