!!

Welcome to our Forum, extension and content sharing platform of Electrical Test and Measurement Product Reviews Blog.

Registration this is Free, we accept contributors of 17 years old and above. We do not accept registration with Gmail

Active since 7 June 2012  

Copyright Notice: Entire ITTSB.EU content & images they are copyright protected. - Forum search engine disabled to Guests - No need of you using Adblock software.

Author Topic: EBay sellers within EU and NEW Prepaid VAT rules  (Read 791 times)

Offline Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
  • job title: Industrial Maintenance Electrician
EBay sellers within EU and NEW Prepaid VAT rules
« on: August 25, 2021, 10:54:45 AM »
Digitally prepaid VAT this is a NEW reality.
I got a DVD plastic face-plate cover for a laptop.
Paid value 12.40 USD, VAT 24% included for Greece.

The seller from Moldavia he marked the parcel as gift = MAJOR MISTAKE
EBay does not share user data with PayPal any more, and the mobile phone number printed over the label as my own, this is dead inactive.
Only PayPal is aware of my new mobile phone number.

EBay user phone number info, they are also stored in three places.
User account
Shipping to address
Shipping from address

Greek customs clearance authority, by be unaware that VAT this is prepaid they charged customs clearance fee of 2.5Euro plus VAT for a second time.

EBay now deliver two receipts for its transaction, first is the regular one, and a second named as TAX Invoice.

I was forced now to pay 12 Euro for second evaluation due customs clearance office, I did supply copy of eBay TAX Invoice along with PAYPAL invoice, so them to correct their mistake.
Eventually the case will end up in my favor, and cost of second evaluation will be refunded, and second added VAT charges and fees will be removed.

I when three times at the post office plus driving, that is huge waste of time.

1)   EBay sellers they should learn of how they should properly mark VAT prepaid packages.
2)   EBay it should deliver clear instructions.
3)   Marking as Gift … this is now forbidden for eBay transactions.
4)   EBay users, they should update their info at their eBay account, as all new invoices will use those data instead of PAYPAL.
WWW.ITTSB.EU   Industrial Test Tools Scoreboard  (Product Reviews Blog) / Editor in Chief.
The content of this Web site is copyright protected

Offline cluca1969

• job title: Electronics developer
Re: EBay sellers within EU and NEW Prepaid VAT rules
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2021, 03:40:14 PM »
Even for the Chinese market the news is not very good for EU buyers.

Offline Gianluca

• job title: Hobbyist
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2021, 04:55:07 PM »
Thanks Kiriakos GR for this testimony ..

For almost a month I have blocked € 140 from the bank. A Russian friend of mine made a bank transfer by inserting the reason for the donation. Now the tax office will probably think he wants to evade taxes.  :'(

Offline Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2021, 05:33:38 PM »

For almost a month I have blocked € 140 from the bank. A Russian friend of mine made a bank transfer by inserting the reason for the donation. Now the tax office will probably think he wants to evade taxes.  :'(

Last time that I did checked, TAX Free income in Greece this is up to 5500 Euro yearly.
The donations that I accepted for the Blog, they never got taxed.
But the Greek bank it holds several Euro as fee per its transaction.
WWW.ITTSB.EU   Industrial Test Tools Scoreboard  (Product Reviews Blog) / Editor in Chief.

Offline Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2021, 05:48:47 PM »
Here is a sample of the NEW eBay tax invoice.

You better download the picture and review it at your own PC.

Offline Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2021, 11:56:03 AM »
Hello KIRIAKOS,

Thank you for writing to eBay customer support regarding Double VAT being charged. My name is Divyani and I am here to help you in resolving the issue.

I understand that you are concerned for the double VAT charged even though the VAT has been already charged to you on eBay while purchasing the item. Please do not worry; I will help you in the best possible manner.

KIRIAKOS, Let me share that sometimes seller forgot to mention IOSS number on the package. Due to this issue you need to pay double VAT when the parcel comes to the destination country. Do not worry I will surely help you to get the double refund charged.

How to get the refund for additional VAT?

In order to get the refund for VAT you need to provide us receipt of VAT paid at custom while collecting the item. Kindly contact us with image of the Invoice/Receipt and we will help you with refund.

For your ease, I have shared the link below through which you will be able to upload the documents:

Please upload the proof in the below mention link:
 https://ocsnext.ebay.com/ocs/mudcwf?deptName=CollectRemitRefund

Once you contact us back with the required details, we will forward the details to the refund team for processing refund.

I would like to share that to forward the details to the refund team for processing the refund of the VAT amount paid on eBay, we will require exact order or item number.  As it will allow to identify the root cause of your concern and help us to resolve this as soon as possible.

Please reply to this email to let us know:

1.The item number
2.Order id / registered email address from which you made the purchase.
3.Any other information you think might help us resolve this concern.

Thank you for your understanding and cooperation. I wish you the best for your future transaction.

We wish you good health and stay safe during these difficult times.

Kind Regards,
Divyani
eBay Customer Support

ITTSB.EU Blog

General Data Protection Regulation GDPR ITTSB.EU Home Page Reward us by a Donation - Sponsorship TsDMMViewer Data Logger for FLUKE 884xA

ITTSB Blog - Sponsors

protosnet.com - Internet solutions FLUKE benchtop DMM Repair Services

Recommended Links

Hellenic Accreditation System E.SY.D. Portal of city Volos - Greece Clean Up and Customize Facebook Firefox Backup Tool 32bit / 64 bit Winaero Tweaker = Win7 Fonts size fix