!!

Welcome to our Forum, extension and content sharing platform of Electrical Test and Measurement Product Reviews Blog.

Registration this is Free, we accept contributors of 17 years old and above. We do not accept registration with Gmail

Active since 7 June 2012  

Copyright Notice: Entire ITTSB.EU content & images they are copyright protected. - Forum search engine disabled to Guests - No need of you using Adblock software.

Author Topic: Yokogawa WT310E single phase power meter 100kHz - All it secrets  (Read 1884 times)

Offline Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
  • job title: Industrial Maintenance Electrician
The long story in short version.

If you do a deep research of what Chinese are using as comparison point, the ones manufacturing low-cost power meter,  they all use Yokogawa WT310E.
Therefore even up to date Yokogawa WT310E this is THE comparison point.

I did additional research about Yokogawa WT310E, I did obtain Yokogawa website member account, and I gained access at Yokogawa documentation and software.
My new discovery ... not every WT310E this is identical to another WT310E.

Any one thinking to get WT310E hes will discover " Yokogawa hardware options selector "  when he will try to receive a quote about a unit.

WT310E harmonics measuring and review option (due Yokogawa software) has the code suffix G5.
In order to connect external current probe (BNC plug) at WT310E, the meter it should include the option XT2 

While WT310E has USB connectivity as standard, even so you are forced to select along RS232 port too.

Another option this is AC line power plug,  which the WT310E will come with.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In conclusion,  the best configured for my taste W310E this should include suffix of  -C2-EX2-G5

Now the new question...
how much it is priced a WT310E-C2-EX2-G5 this loaded with necessary options for energy measurement,  along harmonics review, along with the convenience using external current probe?

I am about to discover soon this answer.

An second question this is of what happens, when you do buy a used  WT310E and with huge delay you do discover that harmonics option this is missing?
I am well aware that Yokogawa its not that friendly at engaging with consumers and small test labs.
Also the pricing of WT310 related hardware options, this seems as hidden at least due internet based product configuration (options selector).
And neither WT310 annual calibration cost this is known.

In conclusion, if you are thinking to get in marriage with a Yokogawa product, then you better spent a month time for research prior of making any final decision.

PS.
For the ones thinking to be able to produce power analysis reports according to IEC standards,  they will need the PRO software version, which this has a price of it own.
Additionally the external box so to plug in (DUT)  mains cord, this has also a price of it own.   
WWW.ITTSB.EU   Industrial Test Tools Scoreboard  (Product Reviews Blog) / Editor in Chief.
The content of this Web site is copyright protected

ITTSB.EU Blog

General Data Protection Regulation GDPR ITTSB.EU Home Page Reward us by a Donation - Sponsorship TsDMMViewer Data Logger for FLUKE 884xA

ITTSB Blog - Sponsors

protosnet.com - Internet solutions FLUKE benchtop DMM Repair Services

Recommended Links

Hellenic Accreditation System E.SY.D. Portal of city Volos - Greece Clean Up and Customize Facebook Firefox Backup Tool 32bit / 64 bit Winaero Tweaker = Win7 Fonts size fix