!!

Welcome to our Forum, extension and content sharing platform of Electrical Test and Measurement Product Reviews Blog.

Registration this is Free, we accept contributors of 17 years old and above. We do not accept registration with Gmail

Active since 7 June 2012  

Copyright Notice: Entire ITTSB.EU content & images they are copyright protected. - Forum search engine disabled to Guests - No need of you using Adblock software.

Author Topic: Kiriakos DIY 30 Turn Current Coil 1A = 30A / current clamp calibration  (Read 14595 times)

Online Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
  • job title: Industrial Maintenance Electrician
This topic s about the presentation of a special tool for special use.

The idea behind this device comes from the theory of how clamp meter multiply the reading when the same wire pass from it over and over.

Fluke has a similar item which called as  Model 5500A/COIL 50 Turn Current Coil.

My version is an 30 Turn Current Coil  which will multiply the 1A to 30A.
The wire of my coil is capable for input current up to 10A,
and this translates to 300A reading on the clamp.

What made me ..  or better forced me so to make such an instrument?

Well as Fluke says too in their documents, it is impractical to have large currents for current clamp calibration.
Personally I was needed one way to test the performance of a AC or DC clamp meter regarding accuracy, and also to test the over current alarm of the clamp.
For example my Chauvin Arnoux PAC12 has two ranges of 60A / 600A,
when the current goes more than 60A there is a red warning light on it, which informs you to switch in to a higher range.

I made this 30 Turn Current Coil with materials which I all ready had and so it did not cost me anything other than three days of thought, regarding how to combine the material in a way that it would look good in the eye too.

I am posting some pictures of it and of my clamps, so to trigger your curiosity.  :)

WWW.ITTSB.EU   Industrial Test Tools Scoreboard  (Product Reviews Blog) / Editor in Chief.
The content of this Web site is copyright protected

Online Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
Next set.

WWW.ITTSB.EU   Industrial Test Tools Scoreboard  (Product Reviews Blog) / Editor in Chief.

Online Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
Re: Kiriakos DIY 30 Turn Current Coil 1A = 30A / current clamp calibration
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2022, 12:15:06 PM »
New link: Next step-up project  :)

Kiriakos DIY 50 Turn Current Coil 1A=50A current clamp calibration 5500A/COIL
https://www.ittsb.eu/forum/index.php?topic=1766.0

ITTSB.EU Blog

General Data Protection Regulation GDPR ITTSB.EU Home Page Reward us by a Donation - Sponsorship TsDMMViewer Data Logger for FLUKE 884xA

ITTSB Blog - Sponsors

protosnet.com - Internet solutions FLUKE benchtop DMM Repair Services

Recommended Links

Hellenic Accreditation System E.SY.D. Portal of city Volos - Greece Clean Up and Customize Facebook Firefox Backup Tool 32bit / 64 bit Winaero Tweaker = Win7 Fonts size fix