!!

Welcome to our Forum, extension and content sharing platform of Electrical Test and Measurement Product Reviews Blog.

Registration this is Free, we accept contributors of 17 years old and above. We do not accept registration with Gmail

Active since 7 June 2012  

Copyright Notice: Entire ITTSB.EU content & images they are copyright protected. - Forum search engine disabled to Guests - No need of you using Adblock software.

Author Topic: Temperature sensor connector for Hyperion and other LiFepo4 smart chargers  (Read 4886 times)

Online Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
  • job title: Industrial Maintenance Electrician
This topic has to do about presenting the few information’s available regarding the actual connector plug, which many latest generation of chargers are using.

All Hyperion chargers and many other top dollar solutions, they have a slot over the charger body for connecting a temperature sensor.
And especially EOS 0720i Super DUO3 has two such inputs due it design as 2 x 500W chargers in a single case.

I did purchase one original Hyperion temperature probe so to have it as comparison point, because under the hood there is a usual LM35 sensor and just three cables.
In my application I will need a custom length of the sensor cable and possibly two of those.

When started researching of which is the actual name or part number?  of this specific connector, very shortly I got in to a dead end.

Visually this connector looks similar to DuPont connector 3-pin but is not the proper one.
This temperature sensor needs 5VDC to operate and proper polarity is important.   
After lots of research discovered that this connector is known to RC hobbyists by the name of Futaba J or even as Futaba servo connector.
Futaba has actually many connectors for special use and there is no default type of Futaba servo connector.

What seems crazy is the pricing when seeking this plug alone as futaba product.
When at about 3$ USD is available a third-party sensor with LM35 plus plastic case with wires and this plug too.

Therefore I do recommend as wiser move, getting a second OEM complete sensor than just the connector.  ;)
WWW.ITTSB.EU   Industrial Test Tools Scoreboard  (Product Reviews Blog) / Editor in Chief.
The content of this Web site is copyright protected

Online Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
  • job title: Industrial Maintenance Electrician
Re: Temperature sensor connector for Hyperion and other LiFepo4 smart chargers
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2015, 05:56:16 PM »
By this message I wish to pass a warning.
In my sensor the person who did the soldering of wires over the LM35 he did not follow the color code.
I had to open up the sensor so to find out which wire is soldered to its leg of LM35.
It was much easier for me to just rearrange the pins in this connector so my LM35 sensor to start operating.
WWW.ITTSB.EU   Industrial Test Tools Scoreboard  (Product Reviews Blog) / Editor in Chief.
The content of this Web site is copyright protected

ITTSB.EU Blog

General Data Protection Regulation GDPR ITTSB.EU Home Page Reward us by a Donation - Sponsorship TsDMMViewer Data Logger for FLUKE 884xA

ITTSB Blog - Sponsors

protosnet.com - Internet solutions FLUKE benchtop DMM Repair Services

Recommended Links

Hellenic Accreditation System E.SY.D. Portal of city Volos - Greece Clean Up and Customize Facebook Firefox Backup Tool 32bit / 64 bit Winaero Tweaker = Win7 Fonts size fix