!!

Welcome to our Forum, extension and content sharing platform of Electrical Test and Measurement Product Reviews Blog.

Registration this is Free, we accept contributors of 17 years old and above. We do not accept registration with Gmail

Active since 7 June 2012  

Copyright Notice: Entire ITTSB.EU content & images they are copyright protected. - Forum search engine disabled to Guests - No need of you using Adblock software.

ITTSB Blog Specific > ITTSB - Product reviews Log

Announcement: Seasonic Taiwan - Titanium & Gold Series PSU scheduled review 2022

<< < (7/7)

Kiriakos GR:

--- Quote from: Andrew-88 on August 07, 2023, 10:16:27 AM ---Kiriakos, what is the average of your PC daily consumption according to low cost power meter? (KWh)

--- End quote ---

On average my PC this is powered 11 Hours per day.
About 9 Hours of internet usage or editing documents, or editing photographs along email use.
Along of 2 Hours gaming .. my way out.

Within five complete days,  with the Prime TX750,  the power meter this measured 6.7 KWh.
I need approximately 1.35 ~ 1.5 KWh per day just for my computer alone.

I do prefer turning it off when I am not at the shop.
Suspend to Ram = Sleep mode this is now 4.2W,  with the older PSU it was at 6W.
The fresh booted workstation PC this is better working due my experience, especially when this is loading significant amount of third party software at its boot.

Kiriakos GR:
About a year ago, I did trash several software packages that they was acting as system monitor.
And I did focus at learning to configure HWinfo-64 so this become my tool.

At HWinfo forum,  I did find Thomas Barth (Tom) which is software developer of Generic Log Viewer that is a software which help you to analyze and review, any file recorded due HWinfo.
I did help the man with some fresh ideas, so him to improve the graphic interface,  so the measuring results to appear as more meaningful.
We worked for three months,  Generic Log Viewer this now a complete project, it include markers and other editing tools, and you can make a precise review of any recorded parameter.
Tom loved our collaboration, he is software engineer, I am expert at measurement, and his work now gained a greater value as analysis tool.

Any PSU its just a black box prior this gets paired with a motherboard.
Them the energy this start flowing at 24Pin ATX, GPU Six pin, PCI-E plug, CPU , and all over the motherboard.
As soon this happen, then we have an enormous amount of measuring points.

When any PSU this is paired with a motherboard, everything change speaking of voltage rails stability.
The better motherboard this makes the difference now.    

Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD5H this is a Monster of quality,  at the electrical sector along features.
At gaming mode, the PSU gets stressed, but the motherboard this has also several power related subsystems which these compensate and increase overall voltage stability.
At the INTEL Z87 boards, the CPU this is mostly in control of all voltages, its acts as general manager, in control of all MOSFET array along other power components.

At gaming mode, the Seasonic TX750 along with the motherboard, it deliver rock-stable 5V and 3.3V supply,  and only the 12V rail this suffering from slight unbalance,  due the dynamic load this named as GPU (3D graphics card).

While the NVIDIA, MSI GTX 1060 6G this is a king of the past, this is not insignificant as DC power load.
NVIDIA recommends 400W or greater power supply.   

I did take several screenshot for your education.
Rails 12V 3.3v 5V
12V at PCI-E socket
12V at PCI Express 6-pin connector ( This could look as evaluation of Seasonic cables / harness)
The last one its a proof about the MOSFET over my motherboard ( year 2013) that they do deliver 95% efficiency at DC to DC conversion. 

Since the period of RTX3080 I did discover the unseen, that NVIDIA did several huge mistakes, the chip causes huge dynamic loading (current spikes),  the PCB even as huge in dimensions, its full of components which them are sum of heat sources, that the air-cooling solutions this is unable to dissipate this huge amount of  heat (energy watts).

In the past three years the rich home users, become victims of their passion.
They thought that product engineers are stupid,  and they wasted huge amount of cash, for getting magical thermal-pads along magical thermal paste.
Additionally the PSU industry it was unable to predict of how much problematic will be the RTX3080 speaking of power rail dynamic loading.
The gamer's which faced first the problem, ended buying OVERSIZED In Watts PSU, and they did waste FURTHER more cash.

THE SUM = tremendously expensive graphics card  + significantly expensive PSU + magical cooling toys
And me which I was member in several  computer relates forums, I ended as banned because I was THE NEGATIVE voice in this madness.  :P

The calendar reads 10/8/2023.
My computer system cannot stress enough the Prime TX750, highest consumption under 3D benchmark this is 266.4W
Under these tests even the Prime TX650 this it would be sufficient too.
According my statistics, NVIDIA RTX this is a huge in design failure, if you are up to get one, RTX 3060 and or a similar in performance from the RTX 4000 series, this it would be the lesser evil for you to be paired with.   :)   

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

ITTSB.EU Blog

General Data Protection Regulation GDPR ITTSB.EU Home Page Reward us by a Donation - Sponsorship TsDMMViewer Data Logger for FLUKE 884xA

ITTSB Blog - Sponsors

protosnet.com - Internet solutions FLUKE benchtop DMM Repair Services

Recommended Links

Hellenic Accreditation System E.SY.D. Portal of city Volos - Greece Clean Up and Customize Facebook Firefox Backup Tool 32bit / 64 bit Winaero Tweaker = Win7 Fonts size fix
Go to full version