!!

Welcome to our Forum, extension and content sharing platform of Electrical Test and Measurement Product Reviews Blog.

Registration this is Free, we accept contributors of 17 years old and above. We do not accept registration with Gmail

Active since 7 June 2012  

Copyright Notice: Entire ITTSB.EU content & images they are copyright protected. - Forum search engine disabled to Guests - No need of you using Adblock software.

Soldering tools | Miscellaneous hand tools | Bench top tools > Soldering station, Rework station, relative accessories

Year 2024 what about Solomon SL-30CMC Soldering Station Taiwan / TELE SL30

(1/3) > >>

Kiriakos GR:
Just recently gained awareness that my TELE SL30 soldering station ( TELE electronics sales channel in Greece since 90s), this is actually a rebranded product of Sorny Roong Industrial Co.,Ltd  in Taiwan.

Solomon SL-30CMC
TELE SL30
Tenma 21-1590
PENSOL SL30

Still unknown of how many times this product were rebranded, this soldering station and a child of Taiwanese engineering.
I found my TELE SL30 as used, no carton box and no proofs of origin.
Since 1996 up to 2012 I think that I did buy for it just a spare soldering iron.
Also I must own the oldest revision, which has a simplified metal spiral as iron holder.   :)

Its like a time travel since 1996 up to 2024, but it is remarkable that this product design stay unchanged for 28 years.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Product description (Taiwan)

ADJUSTABLE TEMPERATURE CONTROLLED SOLDERING STATION

A ceramic heater is installed inside the SL-30CMC ceramic temperature-control solder iron, which is modified from SL-30, and the temperature adjustment is more accurate.

The temperature on the panel of the SL-30CMC temperature-control soldering iron station is displayed digitally with the adjustment range from 160°C to 480°C. The digitally displayed temperature on the panel can be adjusted to SET thus setting all the required temperatures for operation and such a setting is very accurate.

Soldering iron:  48W 24V (slow heating element).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

At about the year 2020, something when wrong at my TELE SL30,  there was issues with the PCB and or indication of temperature.
I did take the soldering station apart, and succeed to refurbish it, but I am not 100% aware of how successful is calibration adjustment.
I am now thinking that I should also replace the temperature selector switch too.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It is weird that:
Solomon and or PENSOL, and or Sorny Roong Industrial Co.,Ltd  in Taiwan, even today they do not have any modernized revision of soldering station.
Their most powerful weapon is SL-183 that is 60W with fast heating element at 20 seconds.

Their website name https://www.pro-soldering.com it makes it obvious, this Taiwanese factory prefer stay hidden, as it works best for then to be OEM provider than ODM which care for their own branding.

In summary us within EU, we are almost three decades bonded with this factory in Taiwan, even if we are aware of it or not.
In the positive side of things, SL30 proven it self as almost immortal product, and very easy to repair.

I have still few doubts if the upgrade from SL-30 to SL-183 this worth to be considered.
From 47Watt an upgrade up to 60watt, this is not a major difference.

My SL-30 this need a new soldering tip, but my new problem is what to type at the search engine as product code ?
Too many product codes are involved here...  :D

Kiriakos GR:
Regarding SOLOMON SORNY ROONG replacement tips.
I did a quick research.

Fine tips for electronics are two product codes.
SR-623 0.4mm conical
SR-627 1.6mm hoof

General purpose and or default with a new soldering iron appears to be:
SR-622 0.8mm conical

General purpose / wire to wire soldering 
SR-621 0.8mm conical slightly slopped

And Tip shape chisel:
SR-626  1.2mm
SR-624  1.6mm
SR-625  3.0mm

Large conical slopped:
SR-628 3.0mm
SR-629 4.0mm

So here we have it all, nine available options with the year 2024  :)

Andrew-88:
We should organize a members club of soldering station owners of Sorny Roong Industrial Co.,Ltd   8)

In Greece there was a significant number of SL30 owners.

overvolt:

--- Quote from: Andrew-88 on February 18, 2024, 09:04:09 AM ---We should organize a members club of soldering station owners of Sorny Roong Industrial Co.,Ltd   8)

In Greece there was a significant number of SL30 owners.

--- End quote ---

This is not a bad idea.   :)

Andrew-88:
Just spotted another rebrand = Velleman VTSSC30N
Product label indicates PRC  :P

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

ITTSB.EU Blog

General Data Protection Regulation GDPR ITTSB.EU Home Page Reward us by a Donation - Sponsorship TsDMMViewer Data Logger for FLUKE 884xA

ITTSB Blog - Sponsors

protosnet.com - Internet solutions FLUKE benchtop DMM Repair Services

Recommended Links

Hellenic Accreditation System E.SY.D. Portal of city Volos - Greece Clean Up and Customize Facebook Firefox Backup Tool 32bit / 64 bit Winaero Tweaker = Win7 Fonts size fix
Go to full version