!!

Welcome to our Forum, extension and content sharing platform of Electrical Test and Measurement Product Reviews Blog.

Registration this is Free, we accept contributors of 17 years old and above. We do not accept registration with Gmail

Active since 7 June 2012  

Copyright Notice: Entire ITTSB.EU content & images they are copyright protected. - Forum search engine disabled to Guests - No need of you using Adblock software.

Soldering tools | Miscellaneous hand tools | Bench top tools > Soldering station, Rework station, relative accessories

ATTEN ST-100 SP-100 Replacement tip barrel from Weller or Xytronic or JCD

(1/3) > >>

Kiriakos GR:
This is not a regular answers & questions topic.

Everything started when ATTEN soldering tools China this made their own clone of Weller rapid heating soldering station, the one using LT 800 soldering tips.

I did extensive research and collected some Historical facts.
Weller brand this made LT 800 tip and soldering iron design.
Xytronic Taiwan this made their own clone of soldering station at the year 2010 and they name it as LF-2000
Two years later ATTEN released their own first clone AT-90DH
Few years later ATTEN renamed AT-90DH clone to ST-100

=============================================================================

Weller this discontinued fist their LT series of soldering stations after these be in the market for 20 years or so.

Xytronic LF-2000 this were discontinued much faster, because their first released version of soldering iron, this had heating element which was prone to damage in a sort time.
With significant time delay Xytronic (Taiwan), they released second revision of soldering iron with a better heater regarding reliability.

This second design of better heating element this is now used at ATTEN ST-100.
Xytronic (Taiwan) this is not any good player speaking of product marketing, most of their tools they came with OEM (rebranded) and even model numbers where renamed several times.
Nowadays Its a chaotic to trace LF-2000 based soldering station and their spare parts.
The only positive work of Xytronic (Taiwan), this is the supply of spare parts for their soldering irons.
The downside is that Xytronic (Taiwan) this happen to earn retail market at Poland and Russia.

=============================================================================
ATTEN China, this never released a Replacement tip barrel for their ST-100  / SP-100 /  AT-90DH 
What they did instead was to sale a complete soldering iron as extremely overpriced in China and internationally.

I am using my AT-90DH since the year 2013, up to begging of 2024 I am now counting four damaged soldering iron heaters.
Average life cycle per heating element no more than two years of time. 
And or 100 switching-on (power on) cycles per year, and or 200 cycles per two years of time.

I never had similar Weller soldering station, but Weller heating elements according to user feedback they might survive for 10 years its one.

Weller brand were transformed, there is no more any made in Germany spare parts.   
Nowadays LT 800 tip they are made in China, few of then in Estonia, and tiny amount of part code were made in Japan.

===============================================================================

ATTEN did not only tripled the price of the soldering iron, but also doubled the retail price of HS-3100 Heating Element for ST-100 Soldering Iron.

According to the sum of that facts, only an idiot will resist at taking a huge hammer and turn this ATTEN soldering station in to scrap.       

The big question for us morons that we now own ST-100 / AT-90DH, this is if we can use any spares from the old Weller LT series of soldering irons? 

Kiriakos GR:
Spare heater for the AT-90DH has the part code:  cbb024441
Spare heater for the  ST-100 has the description:  HS-3100 Heating Element

Both items they are electrically identical.

The difference from the soldering iron for Xytronic LF2000 this is that this discontinued product, had identical heating element, but a differently implemented thermal sensor, this in a form of long rod, this getting inside at entire length of the heater.

ATTEN silver alloy heating element this has implanted it thermal sensor, and two wires comes out from it.
Xytronic LF2000 while looks as brother design, they deliver the specification of 30V 90W heating element.
In contrast to ATTEN, this specified as 90~100W at 24V

Two questions arise here:
Is truly the Xytronic an 30V heating element?
Does the Xytronic LF2000 use a similar thermal sensor ?

Unfortunately they are no answers available, Xytronic LF2000 soldering irons they belong at the sphere of over priced goods and now discontinued too.
And as such there is no room for experiments.       

Kiriakos GR:
Regarding replacement tip barrel from Weller ?
This is another not performed experiment yet experiment.

For Weller WSP80 (soldering iron) the spare barrel has a code: T0058744710
And actual product dimensions are not available.
But this part appears to have a permanently attached metal nut along of a ceramic nut cover. 
Its also still unknown metal threads compatibility of the Weller part with the ATTEN SP-100 iron.

ATTEN ST-100 barrel / tube dimensions
Tube with Nut = 47 mm
Tube alone =  40.5 mm
Tube diameter = 8.0 mm

Kiriakos GR:
Thanks to mhcomponents eBay seller and a great gentlemen from Slovakia https://www.ebay.com/usr/mhcomponents.

I have now proofs that the Weller barrel this is not compatible for ATTEN soldering iron, as this is a much longer one in length  :P

Andrew-88:
Our Greek reviewer he did make a significant discovery!    8)

I think that by 99% ATTEN this is a customer of Xytronic regarding this specific heating element.
The presented photographs they speak all by them self's. 

I wish you good luck at locating this tip sleeve (tip barrel).

I do get it, you are giving another one battle for all consumers out there.  ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

ITTSB.EU Blog

General Data Protection Regulation GDPR ITTSB.EU Home Page Reward us by a Donation - Sponsorship TsDMMViewer Data Logger for FLUKE 884xA

ITTSB Blog - Sponsors

protosnet.com - Internet solutions FLUKE benchtop DMM Repair Services

Recommended Links

Hellenic Accreditation System E.SY.D. Portal of city Volos - Greece Clean Up and Customize Facebook Firefox Backup Tool 32bit / 64 bit Winaero Tweaker = Win7 Fonts size fix
Go to full version