!!

Welcome to our Forum, extension and content sharing platform of Electrical Test and Measurement Product Reviews Blog.

Registration this is Free, we accept contributors of 17 years old and above. We do not accept registration with Gmail

Active since 7 June 2012  

Copyright Notice: Entire ITTSB.EU content & images they are copyright protected. - Forum search engine disabled to Guests - No need of you using Adblock software.

Author Topic: ETA3105 Kelvin clip product specifications ( SKU352287-2UZY0 )  (Read 7495 times)

Online Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
  • job title: Industrial Maintenance Electrician
ETA3105 or ETA 3105 this is Kelvin clip which won some fame since 2003 the year that GW Instek select it as accessory (Test Lead GTL-108)  for their own Milli-Ohm Meter.

ETA 3105 clip this is originally designed to serve in application of Kelvin Clip for bench-top digital multimeter.

Jaws opening this is somewhat limited to 7mm.
Total length this is 65mm .... therefore beware of pictures demonstrating something larger than real.

Description
Insulation material: Poly-amide
Alligator clip material: Nickel-plated brass
Withstanding Voltage:  (+/- 35V)   70V
Max current: 10A
Conductor resistance: ≤0.001Ω
For LCR use with BNC connectors, Frequency: DC to 1 MHz

I did ordered a pair from those for my own exploration of their potentials.
First picture from my eBay purchase this is scaled down to real test clip size.
Second picture this is only for illustration of details.

ETA this is branding housed in Taiwan, but this is a factory with out trace speaking of traceable website.
New trickery of Asian ODM working mostly for OEM, this is a website made of pictures ( text included in the pictures), therefore there is no traceable text for the search engines.
I did searched for 48 hours to discover ETA castle all over in Taiwan but unsuccessfully.

After arrival of ETA 3105 clip in Greece I am going to use my new weapon HIOKI RM3542A  http://www.ittsb.eu/forum/index.php?topic=1214.0 for a detailed evaluation of this Kelvin clips in cooperation with four high quality cables loaded with also highest quality banana plugs.

Therefore I am planing evaluation of Kelvin Clips fixture for digital multimeter, and all measurements will be of highest precision.  8)

WWW.ITTSB.EU   Industrial Test Tools Scoreboard  (Product Reviews Blog) / Editor in Chief.
The content of this Web site is copyright protected

Online Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
Re: ETA3105 Kelvin clip product specifications ( SKU352287-2UZY0 )
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2017, 10:52:06 AM »
After 21 days there is arrival of product code SKU352287 Clips in Greece.  :)

With pride ITTSB Blog presents exclusively for it own readers: First ever professionally made evaluation of those Clips (worldwide).

Summary
1) Tighten well your side screws
2) HIOKI RM3542A  (3500 $ worth equipment) this measure 0.70 m Resistance and I believe it.   ;)

Specification Conductor resistance: ≤0.001Ω  this is not far away from truth.

Labels explained
HF (Source HI)
LF (Source LO)
HS (Sense. HI)
LS (Sense LO)

Applications:
1  Production testing for contact resistance of switches, relays, connectors, cables and printed circuit boards and other low resistance devices.
2  Component testing of resistors, motors, fuses, heating elements.
3  Incoming inspection and quality assurance testing.
4  Conductivity evaluation for product design.

Cable tests will follow soon!

WWW.ITTSB.EU   Industrial Test Tools Scoreboard  (Product Reviews Blog) / Editor in Chief.

Online Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2017, 01:01:56 AM »
Few pictures of How-to about cables soldering.

Online Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
By Kiriakos DIY Kelvin banana cables VS Kelvin clips BNC by HIOKI Japan
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2017, 01:41:58 AM »
Intro : This is a project that I was cooking for several weeks now.  8)

I wanted to make one Highest Quality four wires measurement Kelvin cable with ultimate quality clips, and also this able to be used at equipment with Banana input terminals & also with BNC.
Such a cable will be ready to serve other than in dedicated resistance meters and also in highest degree of precision offered by 6 1/2 & 7 1/2 or greater in resolution bench-top multimeter. 

In order to succeed, I was have to use other than all technical recognizable guidelines about making Kelvin wires and highest in quality parts.

Silicon cables they are reused from Fluke and Amprobe test leads.
Good condition of its one wire this verified by HIOKI resistance meter.
Banana plugs these are also best product design in the market.
Banana to BNC connectors ( converter plug) this is also Made in Taiwan accessory this qualifying in the class of made by Pomona (USA) calibration accessories.

In conclusion all ingredients for this recipe they are products coming from quality sources.

Milli-ohm evaluation of Binding post banana & alligator with HIOKI RM3542A
http://www.ittsb.eu/forum/index.php?topic=1324.0

Good quality - Male BNC plug to 2 x 4mm terminal converter (Taiwan)
http://www.ittsb.eu/forum/index.php?topic=1323.0

Verification - comparison:   Banana VS  BNC 
Originally I got from Taiwan only two such banana to BNC male ( converter plug) two years ago, my new project this now requires four of them, and with great difficulty I did manage to get another two and currently they are still on the way.
Therefore I was had to wait another two weeks for final tests, but today that I assembled my cables, I thought to test just one pair of its cables set, and to find out if HIOKI RM3542A this will going to sense the difference ?  ;)   

As you may see in my pictures, HIOKI precision resistance meter did not sensed (measured) any difference at all !!
Therefore I declare this mission as 100% successful and I am full of pride about it.  8)   

Online Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
I am just finished about adding labeling :)
Clips came with labeling tags ( 3M adhesive plastic ).

Now in the harness end at the side of banana plugs, I got creative and made my own label this keeping together Positive & negative sense wires, and this is it.   ;)

Online Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2019, 11:13:56 AM »
For our visitors whom are passionate with Kelvin clips product design you may also take a look of this new topic   :)

Quality Kelvin Clip

ITTSB.EU Blog

General Data Protection Regulation GDPR ITTSB.EU Home Page Reward us by a Donation - Sponsorship TsDMMViewer Data Logger for FLUKE 884xA

ITTSB Blog - Sponsors

protosnet.com - Internet solutions FLUKE benchtop DMM Repair Services

Recommended Links

Hellenic Accreditation System E.SY.D. Portal of city Volos - Greece Clean Up and Customize Facebook Firefox Backup Tool 32bit / 64 bit Winaero Tweaker = Win7 Fonts size fix