!!

Welcome to our Forum, extension and content sharing platform of Electrical Test and Measurement Product Reviews Blog.

Registration this is Free, we accept contributors of 17 years old and above. We do not accept registration with Gmail

Active since 7 June 2012  

Copyright Notice: Entire ITTSB.EU content & images they are copyright protected. - Forum search engine disabled to Guests - No need of you using Adblock software.

Author Topic: Year 2024 Shipping duration USA to EU due parcel center Utrecht Netherlands  (Read 772 times)

Online Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
  • job title: Industrial Maintenance Electrician
This is a story that contains Fresh shipping route information USA to Europe and a bit of fun factor.

eBay: Dec 22, 2023  I won a bidding in the USA about one HDD (Open box - Unused) and paid for it.
eBay seller he selected private company shipper UPS instead of USPS.

Here starts an interesting parcel journey.
I got my first UPS Tracking number and I do see my parcel crossing Florida (South USA) and this moved up to GLENDALE HEIGHTS, Illinois (North USA)     
Then some one named as JULIO shown as my parcel collector ( and at that point I did pee my pants from doubts).
What happen with my order?
Did this shipped to wrong hands ?  :P

After 12 hours a second tracking code become active.   
One shipping company named as Pitney Bowes Lockport Illinois now forwarding my parcel.
Pitney Bowes this forwarded it to GLS  = AMSTERDAM-SCHIPHOL = First EU location.

Next EU check point = GLS parcel center Utrecht Netherlands.
And the follow up tracking message =  The parcel has left the GLS location. Utrecht

I did verify with a bit of Google search,  that anything moved due GLS logistics that this is non traceable
I will become traceable as soon GLS deliver the parcel at domestic shipping company (within your country).  ;)

Now I will add some basic facts about shipping time.
From the seller and up to major parcel center at  Illinois USA  = 4 Days
Illinois USA domestic handling =  +5 Days  (Total = 9 Days)
Arrival to EU  = In 3 Days (Total = 12 Days)
GLS parcel center to other EU country  =  Stats are a week of time needed as max (Estimated Total = 19 Days).
Domestic delivery handling = Stats are two working days of time needed as max. (Estimated Total = 21 Days).

eBay tracking system this automatically updated when a tracking code this gets replaced by a new.

Lesson learned so far? 
One parcel send from the USA to European country due private shippers, this might be handled by four private company at least.
With so many involved shipping partners, eBay calculated delivery schedule, this is inaccurate all the way until a domestic shipping company this receives your parcel.

With out us be aware of parcel shipping priority rate (Economy? Normal? Express?), we are unable to have an estimate of actual shipping time until the parcel gets delivered.
Patience must be demonstrated until the parcel received due a domestic shipping company, at that point it will become know of whom will deliver this parcel to you.
Your new tracking number will become known automatically due eBay Tracking log.   ;)

Note: It was a pleasant surprise to me,  that PayPal payment at eBay USA, it add automatically EU VAT expenses.
And so the parcel this comes non-stop because of Prepaid VAT = customs clearance delay (minimum).   8)
WWW.ITTSB.EU   Industrial Test Tools Scoreboard  (Product Reviews Blog) / Editor in Chief.
The content of this Web site is copyright protected

Online Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
For destinations of south Europe (Greece), GLS Utrecht Netherlands  this will forward the parcel at GLS Neuenstein, Germany = ( 3 Days journey).
Next check point = GLS Sibiu, Romania = (2 Days journey).

The new next local shipper this is decided in Germany, and with special software you can see even the new inactive tracking number.
https://parcelsapp.com/en/tracking/

My parcel this required 17 days, from Florida_USA up to GLS_Germany.
Today I am now aware of Greek shipping company name and of last tracking number.
Last tracking number this will activates as soon the parcel arrives at the Greek border.
Due several personal past experiences, there is no further tracking available as soon a parcel this leaves Germany.

With regular national post office, there is no tracking information between borders.
I have and a second parcel airborne, this is coming from Ireland Dublin, next appearance will be at Athens_Greece, and then it will start it final journey.

Speed est delivery that I ever had, this was when I received a parcel from France = Two days.
Second best for Greece this is delivery from Germany = Five working days.
Parcels from other EU countries (Italy, Spain) = Two weeks
China = Three weeks

WWW.ITTSB.EU   Industrial Test Tools Scoreboard  (Product Reviews Blog) / Editor in Chief.

Online Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
Last update:
21 days the sum, from USA to Greece and delivery(private brand)   
12 days Ireland to Greece and delivery (post office) 

ITTSB.EU Blog

General Data Protection Regulation GDPR ITTSB.EU Home Page Reward us by a Donation - Sponsorship TsDMMViewer Data Logger for FLUKE 884xA

ITTSB Blog - Sponsors

protosnet.com - Internet solutions FLUKE benchtop DMM Repair Services

Recommended Links

Hellenic Accreditation System E.SY.D. Portal of city Volos - Greece Clean Up and Customize Facebook Firefox Backup Tool 32bit / 64 bit Winaero Tweaker = Win7 Fonts size fix