!!

Welcome to our Forum, extension and content sharing platform of Electrical Test and Measurement Product Reviews Blog.

Registration this is Free, we accept contributors of 17 years old and above. We do not accept registration with Gmail

Active since 7 June 2012  

Copyright Notice: Entire ITTSB.EU content & images they are copyright protected. - Forum search engine disabled to Guests - No need of you using Adblock software.

Author Topic: ATTEN AT-90DH advanced soldering station, all their secrets in one picture.  (Read 21730 times)

Offline Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
  • job title: Industrial Maintenance Electrician
Unfortunatly for ATTEN, the problem is still there even if the station elevates 15mm from the below metalic iron based surface.
This plastic orange case in which I store inside the Hot-Air station nonsless it is  30mm, which helps bypassing the problem.

By the way .. An very happy 2014 to you too mate :) 
WWW.ITTSB.EU   Industrial Test Tools Scoreboard  (Product Reviews Blog) / Editor in Chief.
The content of this Web site is copyright protected

londrim

Hi Kiriakos,

Nice soldering station. i hope it is good quality (with exception the problems you mention) because i ordered one for my self too.   :D

Im having a hard time to find tips. So i will try to order a weller tips (LT series) and give it a try as i read that it is compatible.

If you test the tips you ordered from Ali Express please let me know about the quality.

Thanks and happy new year.

Offline Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
My luck with Ali Express was not good,  the seller send my order with tips and sponges that were totally wrong.
I got Hakko tips instead which I did made them a gift to a friend.

The actual compatibility between the Weller tips is something than even me I look forward to discover too.
Regarding ATTEN tips in Greece there is availability, but I have erase from my head the name of the Greek re-seller, because he charges for the station double price than Germany.

About the station, I have use it for 30 hours up to date,  in Greece we use to say that if something does not collapse in 24 hours then it is healthy.   ;D
« Last Edit: January 23, 2018, 08:49:05 PM by Kiriakos GR »
WWW.ITTSB.EU   Industrial Test Tools Scoreboard  (Product Reviews Blog) / Editor in Chief.

londrim

Hi Kiriakos,

Finally i got this station also and i did similar modification you did as well.

Atten Europe replied to my email and informed that tips cost about 5 Euros each. There are also just a couple of tips in ebw.gr website.

Anyway i'm happy that the Station is very quick on heating up and removing elements. However the tip that accompanies the station is useless at most cases.

giorgos

I hope you to enjoy your new tool, and also to find it useful to your job.
It would be interesting to check your station for electromagnetic issue that Kyriakos mentioned, to see if the failure is only at unit that Kyriakos owns.
If your station has the same problem, then we will be rather sure that is a general design failure.

Offline Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
However the tip that accompanies the station is useless at most cases.

I did found the default tip as useful for SMD, and even small parts (soldered over flexible ribbon).
Therefore in my book, it is useful for micro surgery.   :)

For soldering wires and general use, I am still using my 20 Years old station.

I did not buy this ATTEN tool by the thought that it will replace my other four soldering tools.

Offline Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu

Offline Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
Since today I can verify 100% compatibility with soldering tips made by Weller.

Offline Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
It is good to have your own forum even about keeping a log of your own purchases.

Gentlemen the back-light of my AT-90DH screen is now dead,  the white digits it is somewhat visible, but the blue back-light is no more, and this thing in all that time it did not worked more that 200 Hours.  :o

Definably I am out of warranty according the calendar, and therefore I forced to do my own attempt so to troubleshoot the problem.

Details of my story will follow soon. 

giorgos

Im sorry for your trouble. If your lcd display is like the one in attached picture, I have a spare one  to send you (free) to replace it.
 If it is a different type , please upload a photo to see how i can help you, as I have some experience with this kind of displays.

Offline Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
Hi Giorgos,

According to blow-out I am going to deal with something different.
I am going to take it apart in the next 48 hours, because I have an active project over my bench this moment.

If I discover that the problem shown up due bad soldering  (cold join) over this PCB I will freak out.  :)

Offline Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
There is a new development or finding in my story.

By pressing with some force the plastic window inwards, back-light becomes active.
I going to open it right away.

ITTSB.EU Blog

General Data Protection Regulation GDPR ITTSB.EU Home Page Reward us by a Donation - Sponsorship TsDMMViewer Data Logger for FLUKE 884xA

ITTSB Blog - Sponsors

protosnet.com - Internet solutions FLUKE benchtop DMM Repair Services

Recommended Links

Hellenic Accreditation System E.SY.D. Portal of city Volos - Greece Clean Up and Customize Facebook Firefox Backup Tool 32bit / 64 bit Winaero Tweaker = Win7 Fonts size fix