!!

Welcome to our Forum, extension and content sharing platform of Electrical Test and Measurement Product Reviews Blog.

Registration this is Free, we accept contributors of 17 years old and above. We do not accept registration with Gmail

Active since 7 June 2012  

Copyright Notice: Entire ITTSB.EU content & images they are copyright protected. - Forum search engine disabled to Guests - No need of you using Adblock software.

Author Topic: Sanyo Eneloop 1500 series NiMH Review  (Read 5789 times)

Online Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
  • job title: Industrial Maintenance Electrician
Sanyo Eneloop 1500 series NiMH Review
« on: July 15, 2012, 03:11:46 PM »
About two months ago I got from Sanyo in Germany 8xAAA & 8xAA 1.2V NiMH from their latest revision.

Today I was scanning with my scanner the back side of the blister case, and I found on it the production date.

The firs 4XAA are made at 5/2011 and the second at 11/2011 that is six months difference,
even so when I measured my batteries with my special battery tester, all eight was have the same amount of charge.

Due the fact that those batteries are very new, I am planing one review of them in a later time.
But I am all ready collecting data of their behavior from my tests with those Agilent U 1272A & U1273A.

About the production date it is vertically printed with dots at the left side of the Bar-code.

WWW.ITTSB.EU   Industrial Test Tools Scoreboard  (Product Reviews Blog) / Editor in Chief.
The content of this Web site is copyright protected

Online Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
Re: Sanyo Eneloop 1500 series NiMH Review
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2012, 03:14:09 PM »
And the AAA blister. (Both of those blisters was made at 11/2011)
WWW.ITTSB.EU   Industrial Test Tools Scoreboard  (Product Reviews Blog) / Editor in Chief.

Online Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
Re: Sanyo Eneloop 1500 series NiMH Review
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2016, 11:18:56 AM »
If some one thought that this review it would be about me posting numbers this was not my plan.

My own plan especially after receiving partial denial as interest of the marketing team of Sanyo about my test results, this was me to offer my feedback to my readers at the end of life-cycle of the specific batteries.

As you may see from the starting date of this topic, the life cycle with not an amazing high number of charge cycles this lasted about three years.

I was almost recharging these batteries about two times per month, and therefore the sum of total recharge cycles, this by a rough estimation this was definable less than 70 times.
Therefore I did not even come close to 1500 times that is ultimate Sanyo claim, and therefore these cells lifespan was defined by their own internal chemistry in use.

Now I can confirm that my old 1500 series them are down to 1600mAh of capacity and this gets even lower when temperature is lower than 18C, at 12~14C winter time, I can hardly take 30 pictures by using flash light.
Or about 60 pictures by using camera zoom frequently.
It is now more than clear that these old battery cells are not able to handle instant current spikes caused by my camera electronics, and despite their capacity measured at constant current, them are not able to keep up with my needs.
By those statistics of delivered energy of my old Eneloop, them are now totally unable to handle the needs of a dedicated 40GN camera flash light.
This will work about 7~8 times, and recharge of it internal capacitor this fast becomes and seem as one tremendously slow process.

Regarding the AAA Eneloop, them are in use in two of my multimeter's, them have been recharged less than 10 times, they seem healthy up to now, but my meters electrical load this only 50mA with back light on, and about 20mA at regular use, this is a tiny demand for an 800mAh battery.
And definable such usage this is not a benchmark for them.
Therefore their own active internal chemistry, this will define their lifespan too. 
http://www.ittsb.eu/forum/index.php?topic=91.msg673#msg673

Now I am going to connect this topic with the link of my fresh purchased Eneloop (2100 recharge times specification).
http://www.ittsb.eu/forum/index.php?topic=1126.0       

ITTSB.EU Blog

General Data Protection Regulation GDPR ITTSB.EU Home Page Reward us by a Donation - Sponsorship TsDMMViewer Data Logger for FLUKE 884xA

ITTSB Blog - Sponsors

protosnet.com - Internet solutions FLUKE benchtop DMM Repair Services

Recommended Links

Hellenic Accreditation System E.SY.D. Portal of city Volos - Greece Clean Up and Customize Facebook Firefox Backup Tool 32bit / 64 bit Winaero Tweaker = Win7 Fonts size fix