!!

Welcome to our Forum, extension and content sharing platform of Electrical Test and Measurement Product Reviews Blog.

Registration this is Free, we accept contributors of 17 years old and above. We do not accept registration with Gmail

Active since 7 June 2012  

Copyright Notice: Entire ITTSB.EU content & images they are copyright protected. - Forum search engine disabled to Guests - No need of you using Adblock software.

Author Topic: TRONIC Eco 9V Block NiMH -- Mini Review -- After 12 Months Shelf life  (Read 3794 times)

Online Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
  • job title: Industrial Maintenance Electrician
9V Block NiMH market within 2018 it does seems as very problematic.

Reputable brands started excluding 9V Block NiMH from their portfolio, few others keeps this product code at extreme retail pricing, and no-name Chinese factories they sabotage 9V Block NiMH labeled products by a offering of Fake products these including Ni-CD cells instead of NiMH.

Actually NiCD cells are not that bad when these are produced at best specifications, nowadays that Europe banned Ni-CD chemistry, several Chinese factories masking their stock by labeling it as NiMH, and this is another trickery in favor of their own profitability.

Personally after allot of thought I made the decision to not use eBay this time, and to try for a first time this TRONIC (Lidl channel) products.
By choice I never do product reviews of goods which I paid for them.
In my surprise all four 9V Block NiMH they have all ready 12 Months Shelf life, and this is a great opportunity about verifying TRONIC claim of 75% remaining capacity after 12 months time.

For now I will post product pictures and tomorrow I will perform quick capacity evaluation by the use of Ansmann Energy Check LCD (tester).
WWW.ITTSB.EU   Industrial Test Tools Scoreboard  (Product Reviews Blog) / Editor in Chief.
The content of this Web site is copyright protected

Online Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
  • job title: Industrial Maintenance Electrician
Re: TRONIC Eco 9V Block NiMH -- Mini Review -- After 12 Months Shelf life
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2018, 08:11:50 AM »
Here it comes, first wave of statistics of my four batteries.  :)

Steps followed this is measurements after unboxing of Voltage, Recorded Capacity and Internal resistance.
Second step was charging of all four at my Ansmann Charger with four 9V ports, overnight at trickle charge, then batteries stayed seven hours out of the charger and then they were evaluated again.

After 12 Months Shelf life statistics :   

Voltage ........Charge Percentage ..........Internal resistance in  mOhm  at 1kHz
No1)  8.85V ... 100% ... 623
No2)  8.84V ... 100% ... 609
No3)  8.69V ... 100% ... 617
No4)  8.87V ... 100% ... 590

After First charge statistics:   

No1)  9.56V ... 100% ... 650
No2)  9.56V ... 100% ... 632
No3)  9.57V ... 100% ... 632
No4)  9.57V ... 100% ... 610

At that time these data are simply reference values from these specific batteries, naturally you may use my data as comparison point if you have proper testing equipment as I do.   
WWW.ITTSB.EU   Industrial Test Tools Scoreboard  (Product Reviews Blog) / Editor in Chief.
The content of this Web site is copyright protected

ITTSB.EU Blog

General Data Protection Regulation GDPR ITTSB.EU Home Page Reward us by a Donation - Sponsorship TsDMMViewer Data Logger for FLUKE 884xA

ITTSB Blog - Sponsors

protosnet.com - Internet solutions FLUKE benchtop DMM Repair Services

Recommended Links

Hellenic Accreditation System E.SY.D. Portal of city Volos - Greece Clean Up and Customize Facebook Firefox Backup Tool 32bit / 64 bit Winaero Tweaker = Win7 Fonts size fix