!!

Welcome to our Forum, extension and content sharing platform of Electrical Test and Measurement Product Reviews Blog.

Registration this is Free, we accept contributors of 17 years old and above. We do not accept registration with Gmail

Active since 7 June 2012  

Copyright Notice: Entire ITTSB.EU content & images they are copyright protected. - Forum search engine disabled to Guests - No need of you using Adblock software.

Author Topic: Extended Trend capture by GDS2000A Oscilloscope is possible by screen shots  (Read 3868 times)

Offline Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
  • job title: Industrial Maintenance Electrician
By getting my new Oscilloscope, and after exploring it main potentials, trend capture were the last significant to me feature so to discover.
My first experiment shown that with out actually recording in the oscilloscope memory I can simply have one visual representation of trend capture limited to 16 minutes, which translates that all screen gets full with data.

By be aware of that limit, I did manage by screenshots taken every 16 minutes manually to extended this trend capture according to my needs.

GW Instek even offer one free option software called as data log, which does that (automated screen shot capturing at specified intervals) automatically, but I did not thought to use it in my testing.

The testing application is about eight Li-ion batteries removed from a troublesome laptop battery (case), which needed individual capacity testing, so the good ones to be used in other applications.
I did buy specialized Li-ion battery controllers which will handle them in pairs of two and four.
One 12V bulb of the headlight of my motorcycle becomes the load, which at 7.4 volts was draining 2A which is close to those batteries capacity.

All that I would have to do is to fully charge those Li-ion and let them handle the load, so to determine which ones are in the best condition, by simply monitoring the time which the battery controller would decide to cut-off the batteries.
After that by measuring the voltage in its one battery, I could determine the weak or damaged ones. 

Below are some pictures of my experiments which I believe that they are interesting.
WWW.ITTSB.EU   Industrial Test Tools Scoreboard  (Product Reviews Blog) / Editor in Chief.
The content of this Web site is copyright protected

ITTSB.EU Blog

General Data Protection Regulation GDPR ITTSB.EU Home Page Reward us by a Donation - Sponsorship TsDMMViewer Data Logger for FLUKE 884xA

ITTSB Blog - Sponsors

protosnet.com - Internet solutions FLUKE benchtop DMM Repair Services

Recommended Links

Hellenic Accreditation System E.SY.D. Portal of city Volos - Greece Clean Up and Customize Facebook Firefox Backup Tool 32bit / 64 bit Winaero Tweaker = Win7 Fonts size fix