!!

Welcome to our Forum, extension and content sharing platform of Electrical Test and Measurement Product Reviews Blog.

Registration this is Free, we accept contributors of 17 years old and above. We do not accept registration with Gmail

Active since 7 June 2012  

Copyright Notice: Entire ITTSB.EU content & images they are copyright protected. - Forum search engine disabled to Guests - No need of you using Adblock software.

Author Topic: GELID Silent DC Fan 12TC & 14PWM My positive vote after 11 years of use  (Read 3471 times)

Offline Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
  • job title: Industrial Maintenance Electrician
My trust at Made in China goods this were always fragile or broken, especially at the small in size brands.
Modern China mainland this is full of ambitious youth them acting as business man, them dreaming fast growth and exports, with most products not really qualifying for such a glory.

Today I wish to write few thoughts about GELID brand that is a Hong Kong based company,  GELID among Hong Hong and the fight that Hong Kong gives so this to not become a mainland China province, gave me the awakening so now to be able to discriminate the difference of CN Mainland and of Hong Kong.
Hong Kong this translates to manufacturing and trading practices more close to west world.
Taiwan this is an major innovation leader but within China borders the next close to that this is Hong Kong.

I did become a customer of GELID DC fans at February 2009,  I was looking for two DC fan with thermal sensor this be a lengthy wire.
The idea was of me using them at my own computer as intake and output about air circulation within the case.
Back then GELID was not famous or better did not had expand their exports, I did order two GELID Silent 12 TC (FN-TX12-15) from Hong Kong.

Today I am counting eleven years of ownership and usage, every day use for 14 hours at least.
By multiplying hours and years the quick statistics are 5110 hours per year, by eleven times this is equal to 56210 hours so far.
This is the workload that GELID hydro dynamic bearings they did handled beautifully so far. 

I do not hiding it, I am impressed because this turned to be an excellent investment for my money.

This period of time I was after of an 140mm DC fan for my CPU cooler this is a Prolimantech Armageddon, the most well designed cooling system this taking full benefit from heat pipes orientation and quantity.
This Prolimantech Armageddon heatsink operates with Prolimantech Blue Vortex fan at 900 rpm for several years, this supporting two DC fan.
As small upgrade I thought to get the second fan, and because GELID this shown as proven winner I did gave my positive vote to them.

This time I got their GELID Silent 14 PWM(FN-PX14-12) and I did noted on the carton box one detail that previously I had missed, and this is the five years warranty indication on the carton box. :)

First four images are from my personal pictures galley at 2009 and of the Silent 12 TC 
Last two images are from my new pictures gallery at August 2020   Silent 14 PWM         
WWW.ITTSB.EU   Industrial Test Tools Scoreboard  (Product Reviews Blog) / Editor in Chief.
The content of this Web site is copyright protected

Offline Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
Re: GELID Silent DC Fan 12TC & 14PWM My positive vote after 11 years of use
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2020, 12:20:16 PM »
Today I did the installation of  GELID Silent 14PWM , and in combination with Prolimatech 140mm Blue Vortex,  I did load with the feeling of delayed joy  ;D
In theory my CPU cooling system it should had two fans at it first installation, something that did not happen back then.

My engagement with computers this started at 1996, but I started joining the club of PC enthusiast at 1998 and later.
Within 2003 I did discover my Full Tower PC case this made by 1mm steel and weight of 12 Kilos,  the No1 amazing feature this is the front removable dust filter.

Since 2003 up to 2010 I did several hardware upgrades at the same box, and several modifications in favor or ultimate perfection for one Air cooled system.
In other works, my skills and tools transformed this case according to best practices and parts available in the market.

The pictures gallery below this is a journey in time, if you look carefully you will note several details and the use of special computer accessory which most to all of them was hard to find, and I had to import them.

This full tower case this is now my ideal companion and it will never be replaced. 

WWW.ITTSB.EU   Industrial Test Tools Scoreboard  (Product Reviews Blog) / Editor in Chief.

Offline Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2020, 12:25:17 PM »
This second pictures gallery it deliver more details about the CI-6919 and other hardware 

Offline Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2020, 12:32:07 PM »
And the last set of pictures this can become a lesson for the modern PC gaming boxes industry, so them to avoid the mistakes which they do since 2008 up to 2020.

Offline Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2020, 05:57:44 PM »
31 of August this is the date in which the hottest days of the summer are going to end.

Yesterday I did run an artificial CPU stress test for an hour, just to verify the effectiveness of my CPU cooling system.
When using productivity software, there is no similar stress of four cores all working at full load for an hour.
Neither Gaming can stress the system that much.

Either way this is remarkable performance of 9~10C max over ambient.  8)

Offline Andrew-88

• job title: Electrician
Hi mate,

How possible do you think, about finding stock of this CI-6919 case today?

Offline Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
Hi mate,

How possible do you think, about finding stock of this CI-6919 case today?

Last seen stock of HEC CI-6919, I did see it at German eBay listing eight months ago.
Accidental find when I did search for workstation tower.

This is a sample of it most refreshed appearance, due my past made hardware upgrade.
https://www.ittsb.eu/forum/index.php?topic=1709.0

There is also an second HEC revision, model 6A19 = less height but similar   

Offline Andrew-88

• job title: Electrician
Thanks mate.

This case design it is all times classic:)

ITTSB.EU Blog

General Data Protection Regulation GDPR ITTSB.EU Home Page Reward us by a Donation - Sponsorship TsDMMViewer Data Logger for FLUKE 884xA

ITTSB Blog - Sponsors

protosnet.com - Internet solutions FLUKE benchtop DMM Repair Services

Recommended Links

Hellenic Accreditation System E.SY.D. Portal of city Volos - Greece Clean Up and Customize Facebook Firefox Backup Tool 32bit / 64 bit Winaero Tweaker = Win7 Fonts size fix