!!

Welcome to our Forum, extension and content sharing platform of Electrical Test and Measurement Product Reviews Blog.

Registration this is Free, we accept contributors of 17 years old and above. We do not accept registration with Gmail

Active since 7 June 2012  

Copyright Notice: Entire ITTSB.EU content & images they are copyright protected. - Forum search engine disabled to Guests - No need of you using Adblock software.

Author Topic: TAGAN TG430-U22 power supply this rescued and repaired and got a second life  (Read 3243 times)

Offline Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
  • job title: Industrial Maintenance Electrician
At about 2005 this TAGAN TG430-U22 was a product designed to compete with most other beasts in the category of power supply for Gamer's.

Back them I was seriously thinking getting one, but retail price close to 160 Euro was extreme too.
And I settle with another brand this priced at 120 EUR.

Mid August 2016, I was returning home from a walk and my eyes focused over a large plastic bag next to a Blue recycle bin, lots cables was coming out of it.
Long story in sort, some one took it apart and because he was not expert in electronic repairs, he put all PCB and screws in the plastic bag and abandoned it.

In the beginning I was in dilemma, to keep it for parts? Or to repair it ?

By connecting all it PCB and cables and fans, this fired up right away.
The output was not seemed as it should.

By using my DE5000 LCR I did measure and inspect every capacitor over it.
I did find several capacitors out of their specifications’ and two were bulged too.

By replacing anything damaged by new or used part with good specifications’, this TAGAN TG430-U22 got a second life.

Rear cooling fan this using ball bearing, and front fan this was still having lubrication in good condition.
Definable this thing it is a very reliable device.
I spend around five hours of time for it, but now I feel very proud of my self.
Today I have in my hands a working dream machine of the past. ;D

Testing of power supply under load, this made realize that it is required you to have a programmable DC load with dual channels’.
Voltage stability comes when both 12V and 5V rail they are under minimum load.
In my case I used several car bulbs and wires, PSU worked bountifully for one hour, therefore it did pass my own QC test.  8)

Product information: TG430-U22 430W ATX2.0 Silent PSU
- Gold-plated connectors for best performance transmission
- Twisted wires for power cables to increase stability
- Excellent protective GND/RTN connection
- Universal wide-range input: 100~240 VAC
- Active PFC (Power Factor Correction) high PF value up to 0.99
- Multiple processor compatibility for Intel P4 / Xeon and
- AMD Athlon XP / Athlon 64 /Opteron
- More system-stability through over-voltage, over-current and short-circuit protection (OVP, OCP, SCP)
- Technical Data
- Life cycle (MTBF): 100,000 hrs
- 36 months warranty
WWW.ITTSB.EU   Industrial Test Tools Scoreboard  (Product Reviews Blog) / Editor in Chief.
The content of this Web site is copyright protected

ITTSB.EU Blog

General Data Protection Regulation GDPR ITTSB.EU Home Page Reward us by a Donation - Sponsorship TsDMMViewer Data Logger for FLUKE 884xA

ITTSB Blog - Sponsors

protosnet.com - Internet solutions FLUKE benchtop DMM Repair Services

Recommended Links

Hellenic Accreditation System E.SY.D. Portal of city Volos - Greece Clean Up and Customize Facebook Firefox Backup Tool 32bit / 64 bit Winaero Tweaker = Win7 Fonts size fix