!!

Welcome to our Forum, extension and content sharing platform of Electrical Test and Measurement Product Reviews Blog.

Registration this is Free, we accept contributors of 17 years old and above. We do not accept registration with Gmail

Active since 7 June 2012  

Copyright Notice: Entire ITTSB.EU content & images they are copyright protected. - Forum search engine disabled to Guests - No need of you using Adblock software.

Author Topic: Announcement: Wolfcraft Handtools - incoming product samples (Made in EU) 7-2019  (Read 11301 times)

Online Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
  • job title: Industrial Maintenance Electrician
10 of July 2019  Wolfcraft marketing team accepted ITTSB Blog marketing proposal and they are sending over product samples of two kilos weight.  8)

Originally I did a samples request for a specific product (Microfix clamp) a number of product samples that I am thinking to convert to Kelvin clip.
They accepted but then I made and a second suggestion about four more product codes than could be seen as preferred by people working as electricians or in electronics.
Wolfcraft marketing team accepted and my second suggestion and now at about 23 July 2019, I am expecting product samples delivery in Greece.

A little bit of background history.
About five years ago the first Praktiker store shown up in my city, in my first visit at opening day, while I am a man invested over 40.000 Euros in tools (so far), this wolfcraft FZ 40 clamp it did a good impression to my eyes and fingers, and I got two of them.
Praktiker store this is well known about overcharging customers, and therefore I did not escape either.  >:(

Even so I am a very happy customer of wolfcraft FZ 40 clamp!
This clamp product helped me allot at several of my projects, mostly when I am working by using metal sheets of aluminum or copper.
Originally Wolfcraft products aiming market of people working with wood and carpenters, in my case I did stressed the product several levels up than what it was designed for and even so this lasted undamaged and up to date.

Back to July 2019 :)
With significant enthusiasm I did contact Wolfcraft marketing team headquarters in Austria.
Miss Nora Strobl, Team leader customer service CEE, she did forwarded my product samples request to Power-That-Be at Wolfcraft and ITTSB Blog proposal it did receive approval!

Testing and conversion of  microfix S mini clamps in to Kelvin clips this is a separate mission.
It does need it time so this project to be completed and presented in public.
microfix S mini clamps with key-ring 

Explanation of how I made this product samples wish list. 

microfix XS clamp magnet: By looking this product my first though was = Cable management solution for workbench with metallic selves.
We use to stack benchtop instruments at 40 centimeter height and higher than our bench flat surface.
When we are using benchtop instruments, lots of test lead wires and or Coaxial cables they run down to connect with our DUT.
Such wires - cables they can hide or abstract the LCD or VFD screen (display of the measuring instruments), therefore such a small helper clamp with magnetic base, it might be our problem solver solution.

MTR 70 - pointed ratchet lever :
By looking this product my first though was = Install - Uninstall assistant when I am repairing panel shape devices, replacing or pilot light, switches, panel mount connectors, when my thin and very long pliers fail to serve the job then MTR 70 this it might be the answer.  ;)

EHZ 65-150 Pro one-hand clamp: EHZ 65-150 Pro this is brother model of the larger in jaws depth and length EHZ PRO series with 100mm jaws depth.
EHZ PRO this is designed to compete with STANLEY FatMax clamps (Made in China) series (according my understanding so far) .
Wolfcraft web-page this is a bit confusing and its not immediately obvious the models scaling of this product line.
a) EHZ PRO with 100mm jaws depth
b) EHZ PRO with 65mm jaws depth
c) EHZ EASY series with 75mm jaws depth
d) EHZ EASY sold as pair of clamps with 40mm jaws depth

What I do expect from such class of clamps, this is them to deliver clamping force that holds metal over wooden workbench so I to work freely about cutting with jigsaw power tools, grinding and other tasks.
Spring clamps has limits and therefore EHZ Pro 65-150 this seems as golden solution in favor of high clamping power offered by a not bulky tool (over all tool dimensions).
Wolfcraft offering of 10 years warranty I do translate this in to amount of faith that the factory has for this class of products. ;)

Universal Angle & Try Square L=300mm :
I have never see before such Universal Angle tool, this be designed to deliver highest productivity than ever before to experts.
I am up to discover of what this tool can do on metal sheets too,  when I am working at designing aluminum panel type cabinets.
ITTSB project: Assembly of a Variac Powerstat 226U

professional precision knife: It is enough to get a good look of the head that is holding the blade of this specific professional precision knife, and you will turn your back at all similar looking ones.
Several years ago I did get a Pen knife from eBay with plastic box and several blades.
All three pen knife (pen holders) in that set were having plastic screw threads which very shortly get damaged, and blades can not stay in place any more if you work over plastic sheets than thin paper.
My first impression is that this tool, it is build by Wolfcraft according quality standards them alone separating kids from men. 

ITTSB Blog purpose this is not to deliver positive recommendations to brands which does not respect the right of consumer about repair-ability of products and spare parts.
wolfcraft Spare Part Service
Wolfcraft seems to make here also the difference by spare-parts coverage and Made in EU tools and spare parts !! 

LINK wolfcraft YouTube Channel
WWW.ITTSB.EU   Industrial Test Tools Scoreboard  (Product Reviews Blog) / Editor in Chief.
The content of this Web site is copyright protected

Online Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
Wolfcraft Handtools - incoming product samples - Microfix XS Magnet
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2019, 08:43:32 AM »
Lot of fun and smiles here at ITTSB Blog base, this event logged at Wednesday 24 July 2019.
Unboxing the favorite task for kids of any age! 

First set of pictures this is Unboxing and received generous quantity of product samples from Wolfcraft.

The tiny Microfix XS Magnet clip it did attracted my attention first.
I am hobbyist photographer for 25 years up to date, today I did take my pictures by thinking as priority to deliver realistic proportions.
WWW.ITTSB.EU   Industrial Test Tools Scoreboard  (Product Reviews Blog) / Editor in Chief.

Online Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
Wolfcraft Handtools - incoming product samples - MTR70 clamp
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2019, 09:43:51 AM »
I have never use before such a clamp this having precision clamp force control and therefore I do not have a comment about it yet.
Locking /unlocking mechanism seems well made and long lasting due the use of metal parts.

Online Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
This is a product that it is rare to find a true duplicate in the market.
Today Wolfcraft reminded me the past era of a Europe be an major producer and exporter of sincere products with will last you a lifetime.  8)

I am going here to suggest my method (patent pending) at converting product blister to storage compartment. :)

Online Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
I was have to receive so to be able to verify product (model) correct naming.
And therefore I should now describe it as  Wolfcraft PRO-M 65-150 Clamp as is now labeled at July 2019.
My friendly advice to Wolfcraft this is redesigning clamps page so mistakes at product models naming to be eliminated ( English website).   

Now this product does not need special introduction, it is a work horse, just respect it limits and keep it dust free if possible.  8)

Online Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
This product it is made of iron, the only downside this is that entire markings they are printed over paint.
Therefore compatibility with metal working this is broken (paint work damage due friction), but with careful use and storage, this helper it will serve me well at several upcoming projects.

In a Wolfcraft video I watched a demonstration using this as jigsaw guide for strait cut, I do not feel optimistic about such a usage.
This product it should be shipped in to a soft nylon envelope for staying protected from accidental crashing over other metal tools.

Now lets give a hand to our friends carpenters in case that they lost the instructions manual.   :)   

Online Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
Wolfcraft Handtools - incoming product samples - microfix S mini clamps
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2019, 12:35:43 PM »
And the last items in this presentation they are no other than microfix S mini clamps.
This is a NEW relatively product and as I mentioned above, I am up to explore potentials of using this mini clamp as Kelvin clip.  ;)

Offline Marco1971

• job title: Electronics engineer
Great review Kiriakos...

Marco

Online Andrew-88

• job title: Electrician
Interesting presentation!  Thanks Kiriakos.

At this professional precision knife, replacement blade dimensions it seems a proprietary work.
Thickness 0.5mm this is serious positive vote, compared to Low-end blades at 0.35mm (fragile and dangerous). 

OLFA Japan makes also 0.5mm thickness spare blades, but availability in Greece this very limited.

Online Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
Interesting presentation!  Thanks Kiriakos.

At this professional precision knife, replacement blade dimensions it seems a proprietary work.
Thickness 0.5mm this is serious positive vote, compared to Low-end blades at 0.35mm (fragile and dangerous). 

OLFA Japan makes also 0.5mm thickness spare blades, but availability in Greece this very limited.

You did motivated me to make the journey to OLFA, their blades are for AK-4 Knife.
Blades locking mechanism seems at equal quality standards (product design) to Wolfcraft.

I have contact all ready authorized reseller of Wolfcraft in Greece about spare blades, they do not have any, but  they are orderable.  :P

Online Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
Haha .. here we have a response from our new friends at Wolfcraft which I am sharing here too.   8)

It is not secret that people that respect and having feelings for their tools, their form strong bonds of faith, brand admiration and feeling of trust with sincere tools makers.
Nowadays I do live demonstration of these new tools at personal friends visiting my repairs shop, products quality and performance it does impress positively any one touching them.

RULE No1 of ITTSB Blog since 2012 which this founded... Only the best tools deserve and qualify for a presentation or review.   :)
Thank you Wolfcraft !!

Online Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
There is no better way to complete this presentation by another follow-up presentation of Kiriakos (fresh made) wall rack storage solution.

This is actually an aluminum frame for presentation of photographs, metal pins added (hooks) and total construction required about four hours of careful labor.

The outcome it is fantastic for my taste, compact in dimensions and practical to use.
Regarding the large clamps Pro-M 65-150, I made the discovery that due product design they may collect scratches at the side points.
I came with a solution this involving high-end double side sticky tape (Master Fix by waysideadhesives.com) and thin rubber belts (old stuff for VCR service).
After this addition the clamp gained protection against impact with other surfaces and does not slide on the bench.
Possibly this touch up of improvement it can motivate Wolfcraft to come up with a rubber bumper addition in the future.

ITTSB.EU Blog

General Data Protection Regulation GDPR ITTSB.EU Home Page Reward us by a Donation - Sponsorship TsDMMViewer Data Logger for FLUKE 884xA

ITTSB Blog - Sponsors

protosnet.com - Internet solutions FLUKE benchtop DMM Repair Services

Recommended Links

Hellenic Accreditation System E.SY.D. Portal of city Volos - Greece Clean Up and Customize Facebook Firefox Backup Tool 32bit / 64 bit Winaero Tweaker = Win7 Fonts size fix