!!

Welcome to our Forum, extension and content sharing platform of Electrical Test and Measurement Product Reviews Blog.

Registration this is Free, we accept contributors of 17 years old and above. We do not accept registration with Gmail

Active since 7 June 2012  

Copyright Notice: Entire ITTSB.EU content & images they are copyright protected. - Forum search engine disabled to Guests - No need of you using Adblock software.

Author Topic: Announcement: GW INSTEK GDS-300 ScopeMeter scheduled review by ITTSB 2015  (Read 13406 times)

Offline Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
  • job title: Industrial Maintenance Electrician
ITTSB Blog has schedule a public product review in the next months of the new GDS-320 portable Oscilloscope and all optional accessories, GW Instek marketing team and management team agreed to this product review project and shipping process will start in about a week.

GDS-200 & 300 series is a very fresh generation of Scopemeter which has touch screen which translates in to a large viewable screen for detailed analysis of waveforms.

ITTSB test sample will be a GDS-320 which comes with 200MHz of bandwidth, 5M memory, and two BNC inputs at 1Gsa/s.
As multimeter comes with 50,000 counts, all basic measurements are possible plus temperature, and offers also advanced functions as for example Min/Max and data logging.

GDS-200 series is different only to memory size, does not support temperature measurement, and as multimeter comes with 6,000 counts.

GDS-200/300 series is new technology which is about to bring a much higher level of performance in field applications.

GDS-200/300 series Scopemeter designed to serve in many different applications, by it default options it can serve in electronics troubleshooting and telecommunications, by the additional option GDP-040D an 40MHz differential probe (specially designed for GDS-200/300) these new Scopemeter become able also for electrical measurements as for example Mains 220V  or 380V phase to phase.

In a way GW Instek is writing modern history by their new Scopemeter series, and ITTSB is going to participate by this upcoming product review.
There are no words to describe of how happy I am right now!

Regarding equipment shipping, GDS-320 is almost ready for shipping and the differential probe will follow few weeks later on.

I like to thanks YJ and Edward and Cooper at GW Instek for handling my invitation regarding this product review with enthusiasm and good faith.

The next significant announcement will follow as soon the sexy GDS-320 shown in my mail bag.   

WWW.ITTSB.EU   Industrial Test Tools Scoreboard  (Product Reviews Blog) / Editor in Chief.
The content of this Web site is copyright protected

Offline Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
Re: Announcement: GW INSTEK GDS-300 ScopeMeter scheduled review by ITTSB 2015
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2014, 03:23:23 PM »
Today received a note from  GW Instek headquarters, the additional GDP-040D an 40MHz Dual differential probe needs to pass final testing.
And this will add some delay regarding shipping because all samples will be in one shipment.   

I like to thanks GW Instek for their great cooperation !!

WWW.ITTSB.EU   Industrial Test Tools Scoreboard  (Product Reviews Blog) / Editor in Chief.

Offline Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2014, 01:30:15 PM »
Arrival 1 of December 2014  ;)

Offline Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2014, 01:31:58 PM »
More ..  8)

GeorgeVita

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2014, 10:54:45 AM »
As I saw in the first photo of the month, Santa Claus is working for DHL now!
Waiting for your first impressions.

Offline Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2014, 10:51:45 PM »
Thanks for your message George.

It gives me the opportunity to mention the plan ahead for this presentation.
The agreement of this presentation was made before few months and any other agreements that I did comes after it, and therefore this product review will be presented first in 2015.

By choice in December and time of Christmas Holidays, I will not work about the preparation of a product review but this project will start moving forward begging of January.

Regarding this GDS-320 it is a much different concept from any other Oscilloscope and multimeter, and I do need some time so to find my way with it.
I am seriously thinking to make a video for it, just an Unboxing and presentation of all it accessories’ including the very fresh differential probe.
I think that at about 20 December this video will be ready but not sooner and the complete product review will follow at about 25 of January.

Regarding the DHL fellow man he did cooperate with a bit of hesitation in my request for taking a picture of him.
But now he is famous worldwide.  ;)

Offline Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
The arrival of 2015 found me covered by snow.  ;D

I took today a picture of the Greek secret agent who will engage soon with his own mission, as soon some of those 50 - 80 centimeters of snow in the city starts melting.
No even in the past 20 years, the city of Volos has similar memories (in central Greece), about receiving such amount of snow in just 24hours.

Offline Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
This is a first set of screen shots of the Oscilloscope GUI (graphic User Interface).
Unfortunately there is no currently ability for saving screen shots directly from it DMM GUI.

Definably this device is full of potentials and detailed exploration is required.

In the specific screen shots,  GDS-320 setup is with the differential probe active, and AC mains Input is also supplied due the banana input at DMM section.
The result is waveform analysis plus RMS measured voltage due the DMM section.
In a such configuration, the Oscilloscope is capable to deliver four parameters with it statistics and the volts parameter due the DMM which translates a sum of five available  parameters in this specific regarding connectivity configuration.       

Offline Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
My first video for GDS-320 compact Oscilloscope is ready to watch !  8)

Offline Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
Possibly my readers got discouraged waiting for some time to read my full review.  :D

Anyway for anything there is a good reason...  GDS-320 first ever product review is now available to read at ITTSB Blog.

https://www.ittsb.eu/GDS-320-Oscilloscope-Review.html

ITTSB.EU Blog

General Data Protection Regulation GDPR ITTSB.EU Home Page Reward us by a Donation - Sponsorship TsDMMViewer Data Logger for FLUKE 884xA

ITTSB Blog - Sponsors

protosnet.com - Internet solutions FLUKE benchtop DMM Repair Services

Recommended Links

Hellenic Accreditation System E.SY.D. Portal of city Volos - Greece Clean Up and Customize Facebook Firefox Backup Tool 32bit / 64 bit Winaero Tweaker = Win7 Fonts size fix