!!

Welcome to our Forum, extension and content sharing platform of Electrical Test and Measurement Product Reviews Blog.

Registration this is Free, we accept contributors of 17 years old and above. We do not accept registration with Gmail

Active since 7 June 2012  

Copyright Notice: Entire ITTSB.EU content & images they are copyright protected. - Forum search engine disabled to Guests - No need of you using Adblock software.

Author Topic: FAIL design of H7 Car Led Headlight Bulb - Headlights KILLER  (Read 3745 times)

Online Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
  • job title: Industrial Maintenance Electrician
FAIL design of H7 Car Led Headlight Bulb - Headlights KILLER
« on: November 23, 2017, 12:41:46 PM »
Specific  (First generation of economy)  H7 Car Led Headlight Bulb, this came in my hands after this causing severe damage at installed Headlight.

Tiny cooling fan at the back of it this it did Failed, temperature got up to extreme limits and entire Headlight melt down.

Unfortunately for majority of consumers,  there is still out-there H7 Led Headlight Bulb designed to work with active cooling.
Last generation of such items now using exclusively passive cooling, even so at several e-shops, many pictures are misleading and tiny cooling fan this is hidden under metallic cover. 

Personally I am going to reuse this Led Killer in to another application, I am thinking to use it as battery powered security light or as torch light or something similar. :)
WWW.ITTSB.EU   Industrial Test Tools Scoreboard  (Product Reviews Blog) / Editor in Chief.
The content of this Web site is copyright protected

Online Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
Re: FAIL design of H7 Car Led Headlight Bulb - Headlights KILLER
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2017, 12:08:44 PM »
This LED bulb it did caught me with my pants down speaking of LED technical details.  :P

By discovering that input voltage this is 9~10,2V DC and also that vast majority of cob LED should be limited at 320mA.
Maths of 9.5V - 320mA = 3W Cob LED
False spesifications at retail box fineprint this is "bussines as usual " for mainland China sellers.

The point is that spesific cob LED are tottaly noname and finding of actual spesification this is close to imposible.
Now imagine a car driver with 6W max LED ( both LED On) at his headlight  :o

Over Alibaba I found a claim that H7 Car Led they are special and they can handle 1A but this is uncormided.
According my opinion overdrive of LED this will please the eye but LED will die prematurely.

On the positive side of things, I am now able to reuse these LED, and therefore my new project this it does moving forwards.  ;)

WWW.ITTSB.EU   Industrial Test Tools Scoreboard  (Product Reviews Blog) / Editor in Chief.

Online Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2017, 03:02:15 PM »
I am happy to announce that I did succeed to create head part of my new LED torch light.   ;D
This will be powered by 12V lead acid battery.

I am currently testing my design for 30 minutes, under-volt of 24V DC fan (from old copier machine) this helped for totally noiseless operation.
Currently both LED operating at safest specifications, and either buck step-down chip this is at 30C ( room temp 18C).

Interesting adventure  :)

Online Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2017, 10:49:25 AM »
I do consider this project as tested and almost finished.  8)

These car LED got a second life and safer one.  ;)
And because of this opportunity also a few other used parts they did find good use.
Used battery this now has 50% of 2300mAh capacity, this translates to about 2 hours of good service under specific load.

Therefore here it is:  Emergency torch light  for 2 Hours.
True cost to me: 1.5$ Buck converter.

Online Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
Re: Part 2.0 cob LED converted to electronics workbench DIY Lights system
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2017, 11:14:13 AM »
After playing around with these cob LED,s and by making some Lux measurements at my workbench by using the sensor over my Galaxy S5, I got convinced to move this project in to a higher level.
And create my first  DIY LED Lights system, this be housed properly and installed in such a way so this to offer additional light over my workbench.

Pictures bellow this is a demonstration of the concept that I am about to follow.
I would need few hours to put all pieces of this puzzle together, but even so I am convinced that project success this would be 100%  :)   

Online Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
Re: Part 2.0 cob LED converted to electronics workbench DIY Lights system
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2017, 02:51:50 PM »
My project this is now completed and lights are On .... but now I did discover of how much has to offer these 6W of bright-white LED.
I am now making direct comparisons of 20W round fluorescent light VS the 6W Led.

Complete analysis of what you should expect will follow soon.

ITTSB.EU Blog

General Data Protection Regulation GDPR ITTSB.EU Home Page Reward us by a Donation - Sponsorship TsDMMViewer Data Logger for FLUKE 884xA

ITTSB Blog - Sponsors

protosnet.com - Internet solutions FLUKE benchtop DMM Repair Services

Recommended Links

Hellenic Accreditation System E.SY.D. Portal of city Volos - Greece Clean Up and Customize Facebook Firefox Backup Tool 32bit / 64 bit Winaero Tweaker = Win7 Fonts size fix