!!

Welcome to our Forum, extension and content sharing platform of Electrical Test and Measurement Product Reviews Blog.

Registration this is Free, we accept contributors of 17 years old and above. We do not accept registration with Gmail

Active since 7 June 2012  

Copyright Notice: Entire ITTSB.EU content & images they are copyright protected. - Forum search engine disabled to Guests - No need of you using Adblock software.

Author Topic: ideas for handheld multimeters (cheap) bags ?  (Read 6565 times)

plouf

ideas for handheld multimeters (cheap) bags ?
« on: January 22, 2013, 05:27:37 PM »
hello

i face the problem that i have a bag with many tools including one-two (cheap) multimeters
these multimetrs come without bag, and leaving probes loosy , get cut, etc

i am looking for some bag that can easy get in/out multimeter with probes conected (not having the need to insert remove every time)

Online Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
  • job title: Industrial Maintenance Electrician
Re: ideas for handheld multimeters (cheap) bags ?
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2013, 06:02:15 PM »
The most well designed soft-bag is the Agilent which is made for the U1272A / U1273A.

If you measure the dimensions of your meter, I could have a look if this soft bag can handle your needs.
Regarding pricing the bag it is friedly priced.  U1174A
WWW.ITTSB.EU   Industrial Test Tools Scoreboard  (Product Reviews Blog) / Editor in Chief.
The content of this Web site is copyright protected

plouf

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2013, 02:01:28 PM »
thnax but this bag is suitable for bigger multimetrs that i have in mind

at the moment needing something for UT33A uni-Trend  and Avidsen 107101 which they are small and smallest :)

Phyllomedusa

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2013, 02:22:15 PM »
Yes, for an Agilent it may be the best solution to buy the bag Kiriakos mentioned.... for your meters it's probably too big.

Maybe you could also twist the probes around the meter and use some tissue to fold in the meter. I know these neoprene wraps for photo equipment. They look like:
http://www.isarfoto.com/index.php/isar_de/fotozubehor/schutzen/beutel-und-einschlagtucher/novoflex-einschlagtuch-stretch-blau-gr-1-bluewrap-s-20x20-cm.html

If you prefer a real bag, you could also check out a local outdoor store. They often have bags in several sizes for GPS, Cameras and all that stuff. Maybe you can get something there.
Last but not least: Ebay. Just search for multimeter cases and check the dimensions.

Online Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
  • job title: Industrial Maintenance Electrician
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2013, 04:19:56 PM »
thnax but this bag is suitable for bigger multimetrs that i have in mind

at the moment needing something for UT33A uni-Trend  and Avidsen 107101 which they are small and smallest :)

Ok I am following your thoughts, but here we get in to a technicality, those meters is not made for out-door use, and no one planed a case for them.

The soft bags for compact video cameras it could possibly be the best choice for you, but the pricing would be around 16-20 EUR, I believe that the Agilent soft bag is somewhere there too.

I have see smaller cases for multimeters at 6-8 EUR at small shops which sale electronic parts, but what you will possibly find is a very generic nylon design with a zipper.

My believe is that the soft bag which does not have inner soft walls (pillows), it is not worth getting it.
WWW.ITTSB.EU   Industrial Test Tools Scoreboard  (Product Reviews Blog) / Editor in Chief.
The content of this Web site is copyright protected

Offline giavra

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2013, 08:30:40 PM »
I can mention the case to use a DSLR case if it suit the meter size with top handle and many inner slot for many accessories of DMM as alligator clips  for example

ITTSB.EU Blog

General Data Protection Regulation GDPR ITTSB.EU Home Page Reward us by a Donation - Sponsorship TsDMMViewer Data Logger for FLUKE 884xA

ITTSB Blog - Sponsors

protosnet.com - Internet solutions FLUKE benchtop DMM Repair Services

Recommended Links

Hellenic Accreditation System E.SY.D. Portal of city Volos - Greece Clean Up and Customize Facebook Firefox Backup Tool 32bit / 64 bit Winaero Tweaker = Win7 Fonts size fix