!!

Welcome to ITTSB Forum, extension and content sharing platform of ITTSB.EU Blog

Registration this is Free, to support this Blog please use our donation links available in our Blog page and forum.

Copyright Notice:  All content of this web site this is copyright protected.

• My BOSCH SR 9.6E cordless drill got a second life end of 2013 5 1
Currently:  

Author Topic: My BOSCH SR 9.6E cordless drill got a second life end of 2013  (Read 11072 times)

Bebyko

Re: My BOSCH SR 9.6E cordless drill got a second life end of 2013
« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2014, 03:36:29 PM »
A link to those carbon replacement cells ? i'll give that a try, i'm good with soldering.

Offline giorgos

• Global Moderator
« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2014, 04:19:02 PM »
http://www.ebay.com/itm/281133834599?ru=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fsch%2Fi.html%3F_sacat%3D0%26_from%3DR40%26_nkw%3D281133834599%26_rdc%3D1

Take a look here. This is the battery that Kiriakos sugested at the begining of this topic.
You are welcome to ITTSB.

Offline Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
  • job title: Industrial Maintenance Electrician
« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2014, 04:38:55 PM »
A link to those carbon replacement cells ? i'll give that a try, i'm good with soldering.

Use the below keywords text on your eBay search text box.   

8 x Sub C SubC 2500mAh 1.2V NiCd Blue Rechargeable Battery with Tab
WWW.ITTSB.EU   Industrial Test Tools Scoreboard  (Product Reviews Blog) / Editor in Chief.

Bebyko

« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2014, 09:13:56 PM »
I was wondering, is there anyway to convert the battery to a Lithium ion ? or something more reliable ? also how could i restore some battery performance on the old NiCd ?

Offline Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2014, 09:22:59 PM »
I am unable to offer answers over experimental solutions.
One fresh pack of NiCD it will keep you happy for six years.

Half damaged NICD it can recover temporarily with few instant electric shock at 40DC.
But the miracle lasts only few hours or does not work at all.

WWW.ITTSB.EU   Industrial Test Tools Scoreboard  (Product Reviews Blog) / Editor in Chief.

Bebyko

« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2014, 09:50:04 PM »
i see, well, i won't bother with ebay, i'll go for a local site, it's the same price of the battery + shipping so there it is, my problem is witch one should i choose ?

http://www.acumulator-shop.ro/acumulator-pentru-unelte-electrice/bosch-9-6volt-knolle/1.20.BOS.16

There's a list of them with specirfication, i see they have 2500mAh/24Wh over the  1500mAh ebay one has ?

Also whats with the GSB,GUS,GBM....letters ? some kind of specific code ?

Hope you can access that page.

Offline Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2014, 10:11:29 PM »
Contact your supplier by email and attach a picture of your battery to it too.
If he does have stock, then possibly you will be able to buy.

But for a tool which is discontinued for over a decade, I would say that even buying genuine old stock, it is a bad idea today.

The original Ni-CD was probably only 1400mAh its one, most modern ones are now at 2000mAh or more.
Basically any 2000mAh cell is great for it.
Since you have the original charger, close your eyes and get a fresh Ni-CD pack. 

Offline giorgos

• Global Moderator
« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2014, 06:50:24 PM »
I was wondering, is there anyway to convert the battery to a Lithium ion ? or something more reliable ? also how could i restore some battery performance on the old NiCd ?

If you change your battery to Li-ion you have certainly to change your charger too.
Charging Li-ion batteries is not something simple, it requires a specialized charger.
If you use a simple charger  is very dangerous , with high posibility of battery explosion.
So the best is to join Kiriakos advice, and buy a fresh pack of NiCD battery.

Bebyko

« Reply #28 on: January 27, 2014, 11:04:07 PM »
I've been fooled by the seller, the actually batteries can't hold a charge at all right now, i think he did the trick where he tried to apply a bigger current to the batteries and somehow made them work, i don't really know what do do since i paid for the complete pack around 20 euros, buying new battery pack would be around 100 euros, that can't be a good deal rebuilding them would also be expensive...

Offline Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
« Reply #29 on: January 27, 2014, 11:28:41 PM »
Even a new or used faulty battery pack it is called as faulty because few cells inside (more than two) from the eight, they did turn bad.
Instead of talking about it, open it up and measure by a multimeter all the battery cells, and replace just the dead ones.

This is my last advice on your problem, if you are unable to follow it by your own, then ask for help from an local repair man in your area.   
Yes, for me all those tasks looks easy, because I am a professional maintenance electrician.

ITTSB Links

Blog YouTube facebook twitter PayPal Donate Link

ITTSB Blog Sponsors

priniotakis.gr - Electronics division protosnet.com - Internet solutions

2017 Review samples received by

HIOKI EE Corporation - Japan Times Electronics ltd UK Vishay Foil Resistors POWERTRON resistors - VPG DER EE Electrical Instrument Co., Ltd.