!!

Welcome to ITTSB Forum, extension and content sharing platform of ITTSB.EU ( Electrical Test and Measurement Product Reviews Blog ).

Registration this is Free, to support this Blog please use our donation links available in our Blog page and forum.  

Active since 7 June 2012  

Copyright Notice:  All content of this web site this is copyright protected. - Forum search engine this is disabled for Guests.  

Author Topic: ITTSB project, code name: Ebike Mid-drive KIT by BEWO Tianjin University  (Read 21928 times)

Online Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
  • job title: Industrial Maintenance Electrician
Re: ITTSB project, code name: Ebike Mid-drive KIT by BEWO Tianjin University
« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2014, 02:47:50 PM »
As the wine takes some time to taste better, the same happens with technical ideas.

I did relocate the headlight in to a more appropriate position, even added a true mirror originally coming from Honda NX-250 motorcycle.
Among the final improvements is better cable ties arrangement, and display controller is now at the right spot too.

Just for fun tested the speedometer accuracy against my PDA/ GPS.
It is spot-on all the way, tested it is the range of 5, 10, 15, 20, up to 33Km/h.

I had in mind to do a complete power usage analysis by data logging of voltage and current.
I did use U1272A as self logger and recorded voltage, by attaching to it my AC/DC current clamp probe I can data log consumption, and I can even use my U1273A logging volts and U1272A logging current by working as team, and combine both charts in the end.
But why doing that? When over all consumption is top grade = better than expected.
I am in denial using 1500EUR worth equipment and my time for collecting data that possibly others than me, will use as comparison point.

Over all the ebike is ready, I did 120Km so far with no problems other than the left pedal arm which it bolt lost it tightness, and possibly is partially my fault because I do not have a Torque Wrench.

Now I am researching about finding better V-brake pads, and possibly the conversion of my 6 Speed system in to a 7 speed system by using DNP Epoch Freewheel: 7 Speed 11-28T Nickel Plated.

At the moment I am doing my second and last complete discharge cycle, and I will report numbers (Km per charge) as soon it ends. :)
WWW.ITTSB.EU   Industrial Test Tools Scoreboard  (Product Reviews Blog) / Editor in Chief.
The content of this Web site is copyright protected

Offline giorgos

• Global Moderator
« Reply #21 on: December 14, 2014, 07:09:00 PM »
Your bike is super !
I hope you to enjoy it.

Online Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
« Reply #22 on: December 14, 2014, 07:21:53 PM »
Your bike is super !
I hope you to enjoy it.

Thanks mate!  ;)
The most interesting part is that now that I start using the battery by complete discharge-recharge cycles with a healthy charger, it capacity definably expanded.
I am monitoring right now the second charging cycle and soon I will know of how much it really expanded. ;)

By regular use I manage to get up to 58.4Km autonomy in my second benchmark that is 4Km more than the first.

WWW.ITTSB.EU   Industrial Test Tools Scoreboard  (Product Reviews Blog) / Editor in Chief.

Online Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
« Reply #23 on: December 14, 2014, 07:46:02 PM »
I have witnessed a small miracle here with those Lifepo4 cells, the first full recharge took 4H + 15 minutes up to charger Green light, and one extra hour to top up in voltage and this translates to 8.9Ah capacity.
And now they needed 5H + 5 minutes for the Green light and this translates to 10+ Ah capacity.
The best gift for Christmas!!   8)

Online Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
By this post I will mention few details about the perfect e-bike concept, some fresh news about Tianjin BEWO and a bit of feedback about my KIT.

Like in all regular bicycles the over all success comes by the successful composition which is created mostly by using high quality parts.
In my case I had to select among bicycle parts only the best ones regarding mechanical strength, and this is my reinforced rims plus eyelets Made in EU.

About brakes I had to discover the best ones of our times who combine high breaking capacity and latest engineering, and those are the Taiwanese ABS-02V pads.
http://www.baradine.com.tw/products_detail_21.htm?PdSearch=

About tires definably these Schwalbe Marathon PLUS 50-559 26x2.0 (Ebike ready) are truly nice and their small rolling resistance are helping today my e-bike having a low power consumption which translates to longer distance travel by a single charge.

If you are Greek resident? Then avoid buying them from Greece.
zelvegianbikes.gr similes more to regular Thieves and ashamed even Schwalbe in Germany in their attemt to send me an replacement tire due quality control issue.

My latest discovery is TAYA OCTO-DHT (Ebike ready 5000Km performance chain), I did live a small adventure about to order and get this part in Greece, but definably it worth it.
http://tayachain.com/webe/html/product/03.aspx?num=94

Most of all mentioned parts are fresh 2013 – 2014 engineering focusing to higher reliability, simply because an e-bike compared to regular bicycle it would have to run longer distances and regular bicycle parts are not designed to handle that amount of use in a sort time.

Even better pedals I had to find, which has true ball bearing in them and solid aluminum body.

And my journey ended by discovering Lepper Primus 215 saddle, my regular frame with out suspension was incapable to make me feel comfortable in a journey of more than 5Km.
Lepper Primus 215 is true leather saddle from Holland, and the most reasonably priced in Europe at about 65EUR.
The magic word here is progressive suspension.     
http://lepper.nl/zadels/

About my KIT and battery:   

Tianjin BEWO BS1-A 250W 36V Mid-drive KIT
Headway 38120 cells LifePO4 12S 10Ah / HW-RH05

Both items after all those months shown a welcomed reliability, I did tremendous research prior selecting then, for its one.
What helped me to make a good choice is naturally my background as industrial electrician and the fact that reading schematics’ and electrical specifications’ is not a problem for me and part of my daily job.

Up to date and within winter time I did manage to record a total of 425Km, and additionally to verify that at low temperature my well performing battery was capable for an average of 48Km per charge.
Now temperature started climbing again to regular 18-20C average, and this change causing at LifePO4 to deliver more capacity per charge.
In my last test I did use 50% battery charge inside the city and the rest 50% out of city limits and I did witness 62Km autonomy.
This translated that with out wasting power by stopping to all those traffic lights in the city, the total autonomy is possible to come close to 75-80Km.   

And now few news about Tianjin BEWO, they have now available and BS1-A 350W 36V Mid-drive KIT.
While 250W motor has 13.5A cut off, the 350W had 20A cut off.
Technically this 350W version has a bit longer motor, and this explains of where this extra 100W comes from.

End of 2014 EU released latest e-bike regulations, which it would be nice to download and read.

http://www.bike-eu.com/Global/Whitepapers/bike-europe-whitepaper1.pdf

Online Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
Shit happens even in good homes, but I was prepared.  :)

I am 46 years old and I do not remember the last time which I did fall from a bicycle.
But this happened today with out cars involved in that accident.
The wind took my hat off , and a fast turn of my head so to see where my hat going to land, it was enough to lose my balance and fall, I was traveling with 6-8Km/H when it happen.

Thankfully nothing serious about injuries to me or the bicycle,  but I landed over my left leg, and this has now the shape of a balloon.  :)

Technically speaking now I have a good reason to perform an inquiry about finding out what Key-Disp can do about offering to me just the liquid crystal of this controller as spare part.
I will post news of my inquiry in  a later time.

For now I will post a picture of my souvenir, so this to remind me in the future the total distance which I have travel with this KIT ( first display controller) .
I thought that total distance is saved inside the motor controller, but this is not true, the display controller holds this information.
The new display controller started counting from 0Km.   

Online Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
More inner details.  ;)

I did took off the screws at the back so to open this thing, and this was also glued with super glue all around the bezel.

With lots of patience and extreme caution, I did managed to crack it open, by using an extremely sharp blade, but one tiny button were among causalities.

Online Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
Today that is eight months time of BEWO KIT in use, I can proudly inform about the milestone (Km stone)  ;D  of  1000 Kilometers with it.

Regarding my  first display controller which this haves now an damaged LCD due my road accident.
The communication with the display controller vendor did not helped me much about receiving spare parts so far, even if they shown willing to give a hand.

The good news is that they did changed the LCD design, this now is not soldered directly over the PCB, an flexible tape connects the NEW LCD with the PCB.
This translates that latest display controller it can tolerate more abuse at the face plate with out damage.

With Greek banking system under capital control, this makes me unable for now to even refund shipping costs to Key-Disp which promised to me to send the spare parts for free.

Online Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
« Reply #28 on: August 03, 2015, 06:44:02 PM »
Good news after all.   8)

Mr. Dallon Manager at Tianjin Key-Disp Technology Co.,Ltd agreed to assist me free of charge about the spare parts, and he did shipped the goods today locally in China to Twintex Electronics Co., Ltd, so them to forwards this package to me in Greece.

Definably I feel proud for my friends in China!

Online Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
« Reply #29 on: September 17, 2015, 12:05:50 AM »
New Milestone  ;)  of 1500Km   

ITTSB Links

Blog YouTube facebook twitter PayPal Donate Link

ITTSB Blog Sponsors

protosnet.com - Internet solutions

2017 Review samples received by

HIOKI EE Corporation - Japan Times Electronics ltd UK Vishay Foil Resistors POWERTRON resistors - VPG DER EE Electrical Instrument Co., Ltd.