!!

Welcome to ITTSB Forum, extension and content sharing platform of ITTSB.EU ( Electrical Test and Measurement Product Reviews Blog ).

Registration this is Free, to support this Blog please use our donation links available in our Blog page and forum.  

Active since 7 June 2012  

Copyright Notice:  All content of this web site this is copyright protected. - Forum search engine this is disabled for Guests.  

Author Topic: ITTSB project, code name: Ebike Mid-drive KIT by BEWO Tianjin University  (Read 21927 times)

Online Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
  • job title: Industrial Maintenance Electrician
New Milestone  ;)  of 2500Km  (total of both display controllers).

While my KIT this got a new milestone, this is not archived by default components.
What happened to me at first 1300Km this was a smashed motor axle due a small ball-bearing failure, this serving for axle mechanical pulses absorption.

BEWO shown helpful to me, and send me to Greece special tools and instructions, so to me to open the MID-Drive and inspect all internals.

Later on I did arrange, so me to receive another spare electric motor plus an spare axle.
These was not for free.

Either way by using new motor and a new Japanese mini ball-bearing, I did so far another 1200 Km trouble - free.

Currently I am still evaluating BEWO KIT, so to discover if first incident this caused due quality control issue of Chinese small bearing that came with, or if there is something more?  and this could be product design miscalculation and wrong part size selection.

Now speaking of this KIT regarding other parts / metallic construction (reduction engine), this seems perfect so far.
It is operating perfectly and noise-free up to date.

At my next milestone I will deliver more specific technical information's.
Currently I am still benchmark this KIT and I hope for the best,  after me using highest quality mini ball bearing, and a portion of internal lubrication which I consider as sufficient.

WWW.ITTSB.EU   Industrial Test Tools Scoreboard  (Product Reviews Blog) / Editor in Chief.
The content of this Web site is copyright protected

Online Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
Re: ITTSB project, code name: Ebike Mid-drive KIT by BEWO Tianjin University
« Reply #31 on: August 25, 2016, 12:57:12 PM »
Latest souvenir at 3000Km  8) 8) 8) 
WWW.ITTSB.EU   Industrial Test Tools Scoreboard  (Product Reviews Blog) / Editor in Chief.

Online Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
« Reply #32 on: February 05, 2017, 10:30:45 PM »
This is another update (documented log) and it is about BARADINE ABS TECH brake shoes.

Since installation begging of  2015, they succeed an service life of two years, this translating to 4250 kilometers.
Today ordered two packages from Taiwan.

By inspecting the old ones shoes there is very uniform wear, and both wheels looking good as new.
Shoes wear indicator this is at last stage, all portion of orange material and even this grey marking, this is now off.
Brakes performance this is low, down to 20% but both replacements they will arrive soon.    ;)

From my end of the world, this seller below has the best pricing.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/m.html?_odkw=&_ssn=hsm_outdoors&item=121178427317&_osacat=0&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=BARADINE+ABS+TECH&_sacat=0

Online Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
« Reply #33 on: February 16, 2017, 10:10:36 AM »
Fast shipping from Taiwan and my own peace of mind this is now restored !!  8)

Service life of front wheel pads at about 4350Km. 

Before - After comparison !! 

Online Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
« Reply #34 on: February 26, 2017, 01:58:18 PM »
Dear friends this is my last update report added to this topic and my own evaluation speaking of Mid-drive KIT by BEWO Tianjin.

1) For unknown reasons BEWO Tianjin website this is no more since mid of 2016.
2) Product designer of this Mid-drive KIT informed me that new website will show again beginning of 2017 but I have strong doubts.
3) I did receive the information that BEWO Tianjin this now focusing to local market within China, after such news I am not in position to pass a positive recommendation any more to new people (overseas buyers).

Personally I did 4500Km by using this Mid-drive KIT by BEWO.
In a period of time of two years, I did faced some technical issues which all of them resolved by me getting help from BEWO in China.

My own discovery regarding issues with electronics of this BEWO KIT, this is that motor controller box this it is possible to demonstrate two weak points.
a)   Internal waterproofing material this is silicone, electronics are actually covered completely by silicon, even so moisture it did find their way getting inside, and it did cause permanent damage (I got free replacement motor controller from BEWO).

b)   Internal electrolytic capacitors in this motor controller are truly small in capacity, and at about of 2000Km of use, when electric motor this start in low rpm, there is audible sound coming from the motor because incoming energy this is not that perfect (capacitors degraded). Electronic repair this is not possible because all components are covered by silicon.

Speaking of mechanical issues I did faced some.
a) Unexplained damage at crank axle, this was cut in two pieces (metal failure issue) and BEWO it did helped on that too.
b) Speaking of motor axle (rotor shaft) I did had one failure (damage) but explanations’ of what caused it are still unclear.
There is a small ball bearing (tiny one) this acting as motor axle vibrations limiter, this failed in my KIT and this leaded to motor axle failure too.
What is unclear this is true reason of failure, imperfect motor shaft this destroyed the bearing?  Or this bearing failure caused chain reaction and extreme vibrations caused motor shaft failure?
After this event I was forced to order a new motor axle because BEWO did not recognize this damage as product design fault.
What I did, this was to order one complete electric motor among with one new rotor shaft.

Today I feel somewhat in the safe side speaking of spare parts mostly because I do all ready own a few, which I did buy when BEWO was having an active website.

I am not a fortune teller and neither can I make any predictions about the future, but in summary right now I am unable to pass a positive recommendation mostly because BEWO branding this is no more over the internet.

Even today I do consider product design of this MID drive Kit as revolutionary, and it would be as bullet proof if some parts in it was of higher quality.
Removal of fly wheel (chain gear) this is difficult with out specialized tools.
My opinion this is that BEWO KIT this is 85% healthy engineering but with out other 15% this gets improved, this will never be perfect enough for my taste.

Online Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
« Reply #35 on: October 22, 2017, 11:58:39 AM »
This time I have some fresh news to report.

BEWO after a year time this is back by a new website (This is under construction up to date) this seems to be activated  September 2017, even so they are back, and you may contact them if needed.

http://www.tjbewo.com/web/English_index.html

Online Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
« Reply #36 on: October 22, 2017, 12:16:20 PM »
Due the fact that I did receive emails from people whom tried to improvise at removing chain wheel, I am posting these pictures.

These pictures are included at special documentation of BEWO (PDF) that every owner has to simply ask and receive.

Message to all Please do not bother sending me tech-support emails if you have not previously donate 15 Euro at my Blog.
Paypal donate links are all over the place.

ITTSB Links

Blog YouTube facebook twitter PayPal Donate Link

ITTSB Blog Sponsors

protosnet.com - Internet solutions

2017 Review samples received by

HIOKI EE Corporation - Japan Times Electronics ltd UK Vishay Foil Resistors POWERTRON resistors - VPG DER EE Electrical Instrument Co., Ltd.