!!

Welcome to our Forum, extension and content sharing platform of Electrical Test and Measurement Product Reviews Blog.

Registration this is Free, we accept contributors of 17 years old and above. We do not accept registration with Gmail

Active since 7 June 2012  

Copyright Notice: Entire ITTSB.EU content & images they are copyright protected. - Forum search engine disabled to Guests - No need of you using Adblock software.

Author Topic: Cheerman DT8780 mini review ( IR gun thermometer the cheapest 50:1)  (Read 11016 times)

Offline Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
  • job title: Industrial Maintenance Electrician
I wanted to make a gift to my self  in the end of 2013 and made the step to buy this Cheerman DT8780 from eBay.

The specific Infrared Thermometer it does have in paper the features that I wanted to have and the missing features that I wanted to not have ( USB connectivity and large LCD).

The product retail price from the factory is around 40$ but the price gets higher when shipping gets involved.
Very recently carrier services in China offer their service to small companies at a price of 25 - 40$ USD, which the end buyer is going to pay.
And this is not all, every shipment of those companies pass threw customs clearance no matter the product value,  and in places like Greece there is a fixed customs clearance agent fee of 80 EUR ...  DHL, FedEx, UPS, all expect EMS and China post.

In my case I am getting it at 53EUR and comes with China post and I am counting this as good deal overall.       

Cheerman Tianjin Chermai Technology Co., Ltd. is a small factory, their support department speaks almost acceptably the English language, and so basic communication in English it is possible.

I am expecting this product in a week time, and my plan is to share few of my thoughts about it in this topic.

http://www.cheerman.cn/enproductslist.asp?id=483
WWW.ITTSB.EU   Industrial Test Tools Scoreboard  (Product Reviews Blog) / Editor in Chief.
The content of this Web site is copyright protected

Offline Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
Re: Cheerman DT8780 mini review ( IR gun thermometer the cheapest 50:1)
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2013, 02:29:56 PM »
And here is the instructions manual of the DT8000 Series.  ;)

WWW.ITTSB.EU   Industrial Test Tools Scoreboard  (Product Reviews Blog) / Editor in Chief.

Offline Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2013, 01:20:09 AM »
Arrived today and I do have a big smile in my face.  8)

With a total cost including shipping of 53 EUR this is what I did get in return:
1)  Extremely high accuracy.
2)  50:1 =  at  80cm  distance the diameter of the invisible IR beam is 16mm = 1.6 Centimeter.
That is small enough as footprint for measurements of fuses and small parts in electrical cabinets.
3) LCD display with acceptable in size dimensions.
4) Emissivity adjustment
5) Min/Max

What I did not get?  :
1) External built quality (housing)
2) Dust proof housing
3) Battery compartment poorly designed, hard to insert a battery or to extract,
but even so the battery it does stay unmovable in it.

What I was not interested to get ?
USB connectivity / data log
Tripod mount 

Therefore my satisfaction with it reached the 80% of my expectations.
My plan is to do few DIY improvements to it, which I will post pictures of them in time.  ;) 

Offline Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2013, 01:25:04 AM »
No2

Offline Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
Log entry ..  :)

When purchased my IR gun thermometer, at the same timing I got in my hands these ANSMANN 9V Typ300 Max-E rechargeable batteries.

After a complete period of six months of use I did run today a capacity test with the ANSMANN Energy-Check LCD, the battery is still at 100% of charge / 8.81V

This is plain amazing as information,  for any one seeking for low self discharge 9V batteries.

Basically I am happy today for two reasons, this battery type looks and is a gem, and also this IR gun thermometer it does a fantastic power management even by having dual laser pointers.

Offline Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2019, 05:30:55 PM »
Log entry after 5 years, 9 months, 26 days and about of 500 of measurements.

Back then, when I got it, I did consider my self as beta-tester,  known T&M brands was selling 50:1 IR gun for over 200 Euros (retail ).
For a first time I was forced to break the usual game and trust one unknown brand (at that time).

Cheerman within 2019, this is a serious producer, it does participate at most popular with in China, Electronics Fair.
And even their website never had a downtime over the years.

Cheerman DT8780 gun it has be used so far at approximately 500 times.
The temperature measurement 70% of times was verified also by K type thermocouple and a high quality multimeter (actually with many of them).  :)

Today I will say that I am positively impressed, not only due it measuring stability and accuracy, but also from the quality of the plastics !! , as they are not made from the type which melt and degrade all by it self.
Products made of Poor plastics they start to melt after three years of time or so, they become sticky, most of such items they end up to city trash even if their electronics still working as new.   

In conclusion : Five stars feedback in favor of  DT8780 and Cheerman 8)

ITTSB.EU Blog

General Data Protection Regulation GDPR ITTSB.EU Home Page Reward us by a Donation - Sponsorship TsDMMViewer Data Logger for FLUKE 884xA

ITTSB Blog - Sponsors

protosnet.com - Internet solutions FLUKE benchtop DMM Repair Services

Recommended Links

Hellenic Accreditation System E.SY.D. Portal of city Volos - Greece Clean Up and Customize Facebook Firefox Backup Tool 32bit / 64 bit Winaero Tweaker = Win7 Fonts size fix