!!

Welcome to our Forum, extension and content sharing platform of Electrical Test and Measurement Product Reviews Blog.

Registration this is Free, we accept contributors of 17 years old and above. We do not accept registration with Gmail

Active since 7 June 2012  

Copyright Notice: Entire ITTSB.EU content & images they are copyright protected. - Forum search engine disabled to Guests - No need of you using Adblock software.

Author Topic: Best known DC fan 12V at 120x120x38 mm = NMB-MAT - Panaflo Series  (Read 2644 times)

Offline Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
  • job title: Industrial Maintenance Electrician
NMB-MAT  FBA12G12H : This is highest performing DC fan at 12V at 120x120x38 mm.
This become know to regular people because DELL computers assembler it did use it at one at of their products.

The FBA12G12H it is a high quality, high performance, high longevity item, not a cheap one even as New.
At 12V DC, this fan delivers enormous air-flow,  if you are thinking as I did about using it for silent computing, then you should consider an 8 Volt DC stabilizer as power source for it.
WWW.ITTSB.EU   Industrial Test Tools Scoreboard  (Product Reviews Blog) / Editor in Chief.
The content of this Web site is copyright protected

Offline Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
  • job title: Industrial Maintenance Electrician
Re: Best known DC fan 12V at 120x120x38 mm = NMB-MAT - Panaflo Series
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2022, 12:19:13 PM »
This topic would be incomplete if I do not add a few more information's.

NMB-MAT FBA12G12H according to products specifications PDF, this Created: 6/10/1997
File Size: 48,76 KB (49.935 Bytes)
Number of Pages: 2

They are three specifications which they do stand out as product design advantages
a) Bearing Type: Hydro Wave 
b) Lower circuit noise by new IC
c) Aerodynamic blade and venturi design

At the beginning of 2022, I did replace my ancient PC motherboard, and I when to a fresher platform, Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD5H + i7-4770.
GA-Z87X-UD5H motherboard this has six fan headers, along advanced DC fan control software.
The software includes DC fan calibration, and then records fan speed at several steps of PWM signal output.
In hardware level I did notice that PWM signals of 30% this is lowest that all my DC fan can use, then up to 100% PWM, they are eight steps of PWM signal increase.

For example at FBA12G12H
0~30% PWM = 619 rpm
40% PWM = 928
50% PWM = 1214
100% PWM = 2473

It appears that neither the add-on foam type of dust filter, this is able to limit down DC fan highest RPM, from the documented 12V 2400 rpm.
Actual air flow it might be less due the dust filter, but the motor alone it does not slow down at all. 

At my first post above, I did wrote that for silent cooling, fan input voltage this should be limited by voltage regulator as best choice.
But if you do own a high end motherboard? with advanced DC fan RPM management (production date out of importance), then FBA12G12H this does not require any tweaks.

Now lets dive in to 100% technical details for us experts and about electrical engineering.
FBA12G12H this include new IC this minimizing circuit noise.
We are all aware of PWM signal, its a square wave and perfectly square too.   ;D 
Panasonic since 1997 this uses PWM signal decoder (IC within the fan) this able to alter incoming square wave shape, in a way that signal edges these getting softer.

Thanks to old marketing material of Noctua (Year 2011), I was able to find such signal screenshot, and I did succeed to understand of how this signal form alteration appears at oscilloscope screen.

Sum of product specifications at 12V:

Fan Speed: 2500 RPM
Bearing Type: Hydro Wave Bearing
Air Flow: 103.8 CFM
Voltage: DC 12V
Current: 510 mA
Power: 5.52W
Noise: 41.5 dBA
Connector: 3 Pin 3 Wire with Speed Sensor

WWW.ITTSB.EU   Industrial Test Tools Scoreboard  (Product Reviews Blog) / Editor in Chief.
The content of this Web site is copyright protected

ITTSB.EU Blog

General Data Protection Regulation GDPR ITTSB.EU Home Page Reward us by a Donation - Sponsorship TsDMMViewer Data Logger for FLUKE 884xA

ITTSB Blog - Sponsors

protosnet.com - Internet solutions FLUKE benchtop DMM Repair Services

Recommended Links

Hellenic Accreditation System E.SY.D. Portal of city Volos - Greece Clean Up and Customize Facebook Firefox Backup Tool 32bit / 64 bit Winaero Tweaker = Win7 Fonts size fix