!!

Welcome to our Forum, extension and content sharing platform of Electrical Test and Measurement Product Reviews Blog.

Registration this is Free, we accept contributors of 17 years old and above. We do not accept registration with Gmail

Active since 7 June 2012  

Copyright Notice: Entire ITTSB.EU content & images they are copyright protected. - Forum search engine disabled to Guests - No need of you using Adblock software.

Author Topic: ASUS P5QC P45 DDR3 compatibility G.SKILL F3-10600CL9D-8GBNT  (Read 2304 times)

Offline Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
  • job title: Industrial Maintenance Electrician
ASUS P5QC P45 DDR3 compatibility G.SKILL F3-10600CL9D-8GBNT
« on: April 23, 2021, 07:48:27 PM »
Intro:

ASUS P5QC along with many other ASUS P5Q motherboard series, they were from the first ones including DDR3 support.
Back then DDR3 pricing was extreme and very few has the chance to use it.

Even so, ASUS P5QC and similar motherboards they are of highest quality products and great performers, an very rich package.

The search of compatible DDR3 memory this is a challenge more most people because they did skip reading the fine print of supported memory configuration of their Motherboard.

INTEL P45 this is capable to operate with DDR3 this made with 256 MB x 8 chips (PCB back side plus front side) = 16 Chips = 4GB.
At dual dim RAM slot, this configuration it is capable to deliver 8GB of total Ram.

G.SKILL F3-10600CL9D-8GBNT this is DDR3 made by 256 MB x 8 chips and therefore compatible by INTEL P45 chip-set.

P45 DDR3 compatibility
I did recently upgrade DDR3 ram at my ASUS P5QC, I had Kingston DDR3 1600 2x2GB and now I am using G.SKILL F3-10600 that is 2x4GB.

My G.SKILL F3-10600 this has manufacturing date of November 2020, and works great with my CPU that is INTEL Q6600 memory Buss 266 MHz.
Regarding use of this DDR3 at named frequency Buss 333MHz with an 266 MHz CPU, it seems to be a limitation regarding BIOS compatibility, and the Rated FSB it should not be higher than 1111 MHz.

For all above reasons I did select as max operating Rated FSB 9x274 MHz = 1096 MHz
This configuration delivers also a gentle push at the CPU clock, this operating  now at 2.46G instead 2.4G.

I did several purchases at December so to upgrade my PC system gaming potentials to the max, as I am unwilling to replace this excellent motherboard.
Today this is three months later, and new DDR3 stability this is unquestionable.
But now I do make plans to upgrade at something faster than INTEL Q6600, and this translates to INTEL 3GHz CPU at 333 Buss.

An new friend of my, just confirmed to me today that  G.SKILL F3-10600CL9D-8GBNT this successfully worked with INTEL 2.8GHz CPU at 333 Buss at such ASUS motherboard.
I am after of more information's about this Fresh success story. :)

WWW.ITTSB.EU   Industrial Test Tools Scoreboard  (Product Reviews Blog) / Editor in Chief.
The content of this Web site is copyright protected

ITTSB.EU Blog

General Data Protection Regulation GDPR ITTSB.EU Home Page Reward us by a Donation - Sponsorship TsDMMViewer Data Logger for FLUKE 884xA

ITTSB Blog - Sponsors

protosnet.com - Internet solutions FLUKE benchtop DMM Repair Services

Recommended Links

Hellenic Accreditation System E.SY.D. Portal of city Volos - Greece Clean Up and Customize Facebook Firefox Backup Tool 32bit / 64 bit Winaero Tweaker = Win7 Fonts size fix