!!

Welcome to our Forum, extension and content sharing platform of Electrical Test and Measurement Product Reviews Blog.

Registration this is Free, we accept contributors of 17 years old and above. We do not accept registration with Gmail

Active since 7 June 2012  

Copyright Notice: Entire ITTSB.EU content & images they are copyright protected. - Forum search engine disabled to Guests - No need of you using Adblock software.

Author Topic: HA9515H12SF-Z DC Fan 85mm - Copy cat product code or wrong print label?  (Read 2769 times)

Offline Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
  • job title: Industrial Maintenance Electrician
This is a fresh Blog post about MSI GTX 1060 graphics card single fan version.

The known DC fan replacement code this is  HA9015H12SF-Z due Chinese sellers as source of information.
This is the product code that I had bid for and win, several months ago in eBay - China.

Within four months nothing show and I declared the package as lost.
Today I did receive this package, the content this is very confusing.

There is inside a DC fan in appearance and diameter of  HA9015H12SF-Z but product label this mentioning HA9515H12SF-Z

Dimensions and wiring identical to HA9015H12F-Z.
The questionable specifications of what labeled as HA9515H12SF-Z, these are:
Max rpm speed ?
Max DC current ?

I do plan to perform at this DC Fan tests, about specifications verification, with a new test apparatus that I have under construction.

Few words about the label, while this seems as genuine in appearance, it might not be.
The ink in use about the stamped production revision code (top left side), this is identical with the rest of the label.
This is not normal or expected.
The label it is a product that it can printed in advance at million of copies but product revision code, this is last minute print work.
And therefore the ink will never be the same.    ;)

For now I will add few High resolution images of what I did receive, and actual product tests will follow in a later time.
All that I can say today with confidence, this is that quantities of this part-code were found in market beginning of  the year 2021. 

Poor misspelled text found also at the certification TUV label.

And as last, the most mind blowing picture ... :)
When I did receive my used VGA card I did take it apart for cleaning and fresh thermal paste installation was unavoidable.

HA9515H12F-Z it does appear as actual product code, and TUV label does not appear be misspelled.
I did take this picture by hand, and never thought that I will use it as evidence, while its not 100% clear due motion blur (slightly shaken), this is stock that MSI received and use. 

The entire story this is confusing.
If you seek the part code of MSI you get nothing.
If you trust the Chinese listings, you might get an equivalent DC fan.
If you get a magnifier glass to inspect authenticity, you will be face disappointment.

WWW.ITTSB.EU   Industrial Test Tools Scoreboard  (Product Reviews Blog) / Editor in Chief.
The content of this Web site is copyright protected

Offline Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
  • job title: Industrial Maintenance Electrician
With the use of MSI Afterburner,  I am now able to deliver RPM statistics of the original DC Fan (mounted over the card).

My minimum V-Bios setting this is 49% =  1493~1500 (older V-Bios was at 38% = 1258 ~ 1260 rpm)
50% = 1523
51% = 1560
52% = 1580
53% = 1605
54% = 1644
55% = 1675

Approximately  +1% = 22~32 rpm

60% = 1828
70% = 2138
80% = 2438
90% = 2746
100% = 3050 RPM

Approximately  +10% = 310 rpm

Air take temperature 19 Celsius.
If you get challenged to compare my measurements with your own VGA DC fan, you need to do it close to 19C intake, in which air resistance this will be equal with the one of my workshop.   

Now if you see 20% or lower speed than the expected? = This DC fan it must be immediately be replaced with a new.

WWW.ITTSB.EU   Industrial Test Tools Scoreboard  (Product Reviews Blog) / Editor in Chief.
The content of this Web site is copyright protected

ITTSB.EU Blog

General Data Protection Regulation GDPR ITTSB.EU Home Page Reward us by a Donation - Sponsorship TsDMMViewer Data Logger for FLUKE 884xA

ITTSB Blog - Sponsors

protosnet.com - Internet solutions FLUKE benchtop DMM Repair Services

Recommended Links

Hellenic Accreditation System E.SY.D. Portal of city Volos - Greece Clean Up and Customize Facebook Firefox Backup Tool 32bit / 64 bit Winaero Tweaker = Win7 Fonts size fix