!!

Welcome to our Forum, extension and content sharing platform of Electrical Test and Measurement Product Reviews Blog.

Registration this is Free, we accept contributors of 17 years old and above. We do not accept registration with Gmail

Active since 7 June 2012  

Copyright Notice: Entire ITTSB.EU content & images they are copyright protected. - Forum search engine disabled to Guests - No need of you using Adblock software.

Author Topic: Mini solar flashlight tear down !!  (Read 4342 times)

Online Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
  • job title: Industrial Maintenance Electrician
Mini solar flashlight tear down !!
« on: August 07, 2012, 02:41:18 AM »
Just got today this mini solar flashlight for just 1 Euro from a local bazaar.

The light beam were so bright and with great coverage at 5-7 meters away,
and interestingly enough it is very wide too.

Well I do not like to take things apart, but my curiosity of what type of battery is inside it did break every record.
What I found inside is a Lithium cell that is not famous for their recharging capabilities. 
The solar panel it does work, and it produces 5.5V just by indoor strong light .
Even so with out the battery, those LEDs they do not operate at all.
About external construction it is totally unprotected about humidity.

The truth is that there is out there rechargeable coin batteries which are used in digital cameras so to keep the calendar alive, but they are made by two manufactures worldwide, and they cost about 8$ USD.

For the price I should not have major expectations, but even as education it is good enough.  ;)     

Enjoy the pictures!
« Last Edit: August 07, 2012, 03:14:41 AM by Kiriakos GR »
WWW.ITTSB.EU   Industrial Test Tools Scoreboard  (Product Reviews Blog) / Editor in Chief.
The content of this Web site is copyright protected

Online Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
  • job title: Industrial Maintenance Electrician
Re: Mini solar flashlight tear down !!
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2012, 05:41:53 PM »
I did some experiments with this little panel, I wanted to find out what it can do.

Well my findings it is a bit disappointing, the max that it can do is 3V at 2mA load,
when with out load it does 7V .

I was hopping for about 10-20mA for the project that I had in mind.

Either way here is one last set of pictures about it. :)

WWW.ITTSB.EU   Industrial Test Tools Scoreboard  (Product Reviews Blog) / Editor in Chief.
The content of this Web site is copyright protected

ITTSB.EU Blog

General Data Protection Regulation GDPR ITTSB.EU Home Page Reward us by a Donation - Sponsorship TsDMMViewer Data Logger for FLUKE 884xA

ITTSB Blog - Sponsors

protosnet.com - Internet solutions FLUKE benchtop DMM Repair Services

Recommended Links

Hellenic Accreditation System E.SY.D. Portal of city Volos - Greece Clean Up and Customize Facebook Firefox Backup Tool 32bit / 64 bit Winaero Tweaker = Win7 Fonts size fix