!!

Welcome to our Forum, extension and content sharing platform of Electrical Test and Measurement Product Reviews Blog.

Registration this is Free, we accept contributors of 17 years old and above. We do not accept registration with Gmail

Active since 7 June 2012  

Copyright Notice: Entire ITTSB.EU content & images they are copyright protected. - Forum search engine disabled to Guests - No need of you using Adblock software.

Author Topic: Five days training with one famous LCR Agilent U1733C  (Read 27007 times)

Phyllomedusa

Re: Five days training with one famous LCR Agilent U1733C
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2012, 11:29:51 AM »
About the question:  How does it behave after a year or two?

The old days with the massive hand soldering, you was have more reasons to worry,
than today that robots do all the work at very specific conditions.
Even the quality of the solder wire is very specific.

Yeah, robots are nice, but even they make mistakes. I also think that vibrations and thermal stress are things that may affect your dmm. Another part is the LCD......is it still nice and crisp or does it start to fade and loose contrast (could be often handled with just cleaning the contacts), but even more:
From time to time you may encounter new problems to solve. I don't think you buy a top-end dmm or lcr-meter and use it's functions right on top. Normally you test the ground functions and they work (should be), but there may be hidden issues like the Fluke 287/289 logging bug with the incoming light through the IR connection. The more you use a tool, the more you find it's advantages and step on disadvantages ;)
That doens't help a potential buyer if you never update a review......that's what I mean.

Online Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
  • job title: Industrial Maintenance Electrician
Re: Five days training with one famous LCR Agilent U1733C
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2012, 05:58:42 PM »
LCD ..

Believe it or not I am not worry about that part.
LCD is an very matured technology, never see an issue at my own 20+ years old multimeter,
or in the three old FLUKE bench-top that I own, and they are models of 80s.

The only way to kill your LCD is to crash it.
Then it will look like that.

WWW.ITTSB.EU   Industrial Test Tools Scoreboard  (Product Reviews Blog) / Editor in Chief.
The content of this Web site is copyright protected

ITTSB.EU Blog

General Data Protection Regulation GDPR ITTSB.EU Home Page Reward us by a Donation - Sponsorship TsDMMViewer Data Logger for FLUKE 884xA

ITTSB Blog - Sponsors

protosnet.com - Internet solutions FLUKE benchtop DMM Repair Services

Recommended Links

Hellenic Accreditation System E.SY.D. Portal of city Volos - Greece Clean Up and Customize Facebook Firefox Backup Tool 32bit / 64 bit Winaero Tweaker = Win7 Fonts size fix