!!

Welcome to our Forum, extension and content sharing platform of Electrical Test and Measurement Product Reviews Blog.

Registration this is Free, we accept contributors of 17 years old and above. We do not accept registration with Gmail

Active since 7 June 2012  

Copyright Notice: Entire ITTSB.EU content & images they are copyright protected. - Forum search engine disabled to Guests - No need of you using Adblock software.

Author Topic: Greek Conan the Barbarian exterminating lots of BS1363 UK power plugs  (Read 2813 times)

Offline Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
  • job title: Industrial Maintenance Electrician
Ah those Tourists ...   :)   
They always come along with their home appliances with out thinking wall plugs EU compatibility.

Especially local computers repairs stores, now owning last amount of BS1363 UK power plugs (NEW) because the customer replaced the cable by getting THE compatible version.

Few months ago I thought the possibility of using the large brass (Earth) pin in to another project,  last day I asked few friends of my about free of charge stock of such BS1363 and I got plenty.
One of them this is open-type and you may replace the cable, I will name this as golden standard and I will keep it as is.

The many... will be driven to grinding wheel, the plastic near to ground pin this get partially removed, plastic gets warm due friction and the pin can be then extracted.
Here are few pictures for you to see   :)   

My project of how to reuse such brass pins this is another story, for a later time.  ;)

WWW.ITTSB.EU   Industrial Test Tools Scoreboard  (Product Reviews Blog) / Editor in Chief.
The content of this Web site is copyright protected

ITTSB.EU Blog

General Data Protection Regulation GDPR ITTSB.EU Home Page Reward us by a Donation - Sponsorship TsDMMViewer Data Logger for FLUKE 884xA

ITTSB Blog - Sponsors

protosnet.com - Internet solutions FLUKE benchtop DMM Repair Services

Recommended Links

Hellenic Accreditation System E.SY.D. Portal of city Volos - Greece Clean Up and Customize Facebook Firefox Backup Tool 32bit / 64 bit Winaero Tweaker = Win7 Fonts size fix