!!

Welcome to our Forum, extension and content sharing platform of Electrical Test and Measurement Product Reviews Blog.

Registration this is Free, we accept contributors of 17 years old and above. We do not accept registration with Gmail

Active since 7 June 2012  

Copyright Notice: Entire ITTSB.EU content & images they are copyright protected. - Forum search engine disabled to Guests - No need of you using Adblock software.

Author Topic: BEWARE of worthless : Alligator Clips to USB Male for Power Supply Testing  (Read 3554 times)

Offline Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
  • job title: Industrial Maintenance Electrician
When young kids get scammed they stay silent, no one should know that they did wasted  one hard earned dollar or Euro Coin, and they go an unusable gadget.

Even so the Chinese home factory, it did get paid, among the eBay seller and everyone in the chain including banking system.

My GOLDEN advice always resize to real dimensions every product oversized picture, this is the only indication of what its product this is made of.
In the specific gadget, the unseen (covered scam) this is the build quality of the Alligator Clip that is totally unusable.
Additionally the not mentioned scam this is relative to wires thickness.
Lastly the BNC connector this is nothing special either, current handling this is at 2~3 A Max.

In conclusion this is a toy level gadget 100% unusable as is.
If you think to replace wires and alligator clips with better ones ?  Then the magic of such purchase this is vanish.

My advice if you need cables to test a USB power bank?  This is getting all parts you need one by one, and make the Assembly by your hands.
Only then you can feel confident that your testing wire this is not a toy.

I just lost 0.70 EUR for educational purposes, DO NOT follow this path.   :)
WWW.ITTSB.EU   Industrial Test Tools Scoreboard  (Product Reviews Blog) / Editor in Chief.
The content of this Web site is copyright protected

Offline cluca1969

• job title: Electronics developer
Yes, you are right about the quality of the products coming from CHINA, they are more and more doubtful, cheap and bad quality.
And to complete the delight, the delivery time increased to 2 months.
I wanted to buy this cable for $1.00 but I already had the components and I told myself to do it myself. It looks exactly like the Chinese, but with a small difference, mine has PREMIUM components that I myself personally chose.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2019, 06:57:25 PM by cluca1969 »

Offline Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
This is another piece of information for any one interested for USB Power bank testing.

According to AWG (wire) specification in order to test safely up to 5A (continues) it is required 16AWG wire ( 1.3 mm diameter) this capable for up to 7A.
According to USB connector soldering pad this is 1.0 mm wide, recommended wire this is AWG 18 ( 1.0 mm diameter) this capable for up to 4.9 A.

Regarding tiny alligator clips usable from all ages  :) I will recommend the one bellow as cost effective and worth paying. 

WWW.ITTSB.EU   Industrial Test Tools Scoreboard  (Product Reviews Blog) / Editor in Chief.

Offline Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
Yes, you are right about the quality of the products coming from CHINA, they are more and more doubtful, cheap and bad quality.
And to complete the delight, the delivery time increased to 2 months.
I wanted to buy this cable for $1.00 but I already had the components and I told myself to do it myself. It looks exactly like the Chinese, but with a small difference, mine has PREMIUM components that I myself personally chose

I got this in two weeks, and I got fooled by the supersized image and corner which was photographed, the alligator clip appeared as 75mm long.  :P 
Now I am trying to get my hard earned Euro-cents back.  :)

Making our own test leads (us skilled ones), it does deliver feelings of joy and confidence that we were enjoying in our youth = positive energy and satisfaction.
Additionally a Mistake-less parts selection and assembly due our experience, this is a priceless gift to our self's.

Offline Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
Uneven fight  ;D
Automated soldering machine VS hand soldering.

From dead and older production of PC power supply I do salvage the copper wires, back then the Chinese were unable to cheat. :P 
Nowadays their cheating industry this is far advanced.

It looks like that two 20 AWG this is max diameter which this strain relief can handle,  I was forced also to enlarge (egg shape) the hole over the plastic cover, either way 100% success and by pushing this product design (USB connector) at it limits.  ;)

I think that I will add female banana plugs in both ends, so to connect this with my electronic DC load and with other test lead wires as alternative option.
Food for thought. 

Offline Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
It looks like that I accidentally made my purchase from a seller him living by a code of honor.
My complain against the industry of 10 Cent USD goods this was taken seriously.     

ITTSB.EU Blog

General Data Protection Regulation GDPR ITTSB.EU Home Page Reward us by a Donation - Sponsorship TsDMMViewer Data Logger for FLUKE 884xA

ITTSB Blog - Sponsors

protosnet.com - Internet solutions FLUKE benchtop DMM Repair Services

Recommended Links

Hellenic Accreditation System E.SY.D. Portal of city Volos - Greece Clean Up and Customize Facebook Firefox Backup Tool 32bit / 64 bit Winaero Tweaker = Win7 Fonts size fix