!!

Welcome to our Forum, extension and content sharing platform of Electrical Test and Measurement Product Reviews Blog.

Registration this is Free, we accept contributors of 17 years old and above. We do not accept registration with Gmail

Active since 7 June 2012  

Copyright Notice: Entire ITTSB.EU content & images they are copyright protected. - Forum search engine disabled to Guests - No need of you using Adblock software.

Author Topic: Announcement: VPG POWERTRON, hands on High-Voltage Thick Film resistors GST4020  (Read 4637 times)

Online Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
  • job title: Industrial Maintenance Electrician
I am very pleased to announce today a new marketing cooperation between ITTSB Blog and  VPG POWERTRON.

As is known most insulation resistance testers, they work in a variety of voltages, from 50V them scaling up to 1000V or more.
Therefore best solution for the evaluation of handheld insulation resistance testers, this is one resistors box made by high-voltage resistors.

VPG – POWERTRON and Mr. Frank Weise ( Senior Field Design Engineer
VPG Foil Resistors, Central & East Europe), he suggest as best product for such an application GST4020 Thick Film resistors.
GST4020 this has tightest tolerances and it is specified to withstand 4000 ACV (4 KV), in simple words they are indestructible  8)

My selection regarding several resistor values this was made according to measuring ranges of latest handheld insulation resistance testers.

GST4020 resistors : By  POWERTRON VPG
1M Ohm 0.25%

10M Ohm 0.25%

39M Ohm 0.25%

50M Ohm 0.25%

100M Ohm 0.25%

200M Ohm 0.25%

2.6 G Ohm 0.25%

16 G Ohm 5%

According to my plan all those resistance elements will be connected in series, and my resistor box will have several more measuring values due combination, and they are 11M, 50M, 100M, 200M, 400M, 3 G Ohm and 19 G Ohm.

According to handheld Insulation testers specifications’, these are their measuring ranges at specific test voltages:
50V:  3M to 55M
100V: 3M to 110M
250V: 3M to 275M
500V: 3M to 550M
1000V: 3M to 25.0 G Ohm

According to my plan, I am going to create a NEW High voltage resistors box, and by it help I will finish my review of BRYMEN BM878 Insulation Tester-Multimeter .

WWW.ITTSB.EU   Industrial Test Tools Scoreboard  (Product Reviews Blog) / Editor in Chief.
The content of this Web site is copyright protected

Online Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
  • job title: Industrial Maintenance Electrician
There is no easy Project when you seek Ultimate Perfection!!

Dear visitors specific POWERTRON & ITTSB Blog Project this is now completed.   8)

Here is the link of relative presentation : DIY resistance verification box for Insulation Testers with up to 4000 V Test Voltage

https://www.ittsb.eu/POWERTRON-GST4020-ITTSB-Project-2017.html

WWW.ITTSB.EU   Industrial Test Tools Scoreboard  (Product Reviews Blog) / Editor in Chief.
The content of this Web site is copyright protected

ITTSB.EU Blog

General Data Protection Regulation GDPR ITTSB.EU Home Page Reward us by a Donation - Sponsorship TsDMMViewer Data Logger for FLUKE 884xA

ITTSB Blog - Sponsors

protosnet.com - Internet solutions FLUKE benchtop DMM Repair Services

Recommended Links

Hellenic Accreditation System E.SY.D. Portal of city Volos - Greece Clean Up and Customize Facebook Firefox Backup Tool 32bit / 64 bit Winaero Tweaker = Win7 Fonts size fix