!!

Welcome to our Forum, extension and content sharing platform of Electrical Test and Measurement Product Reviews Blog.

Registration this is Free, we accept contributors of 17 years old and above. We do not accept registration with Gmail

Active since 7 June 2012  

Copyright Notice: Entire ITTSB.EU content & images they are copyright protected. - Forum search engine disabled to Guests - No need of you using Adblock software.

Author Topic: APC Smart UPS repair tips and software offered by APC-Fix at Belarus  (Read 12431 times)

Online Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
  • job title: Industrial Maintenance Electrician
I am happy to report that while APC-Schneider does nothing to help their old customers about UPS repair services in Europe.
There is some hope at Belarus Minsk, so you to find repair tips and information.

Nothing is as easy as it sounds, your new best friend will be Google translation page  -> Russian to English.
But if you are determined enough?  Then there is hope for you finding some help.

http://apc-fix.com/forums

Alexei Kobak this is software developer of APC-Fix,  this is diagnostic software for APC UPS.
http://apc-fix.com/apcfix

Most significant program feature
( Auto fixing battery constant and problems with "Discharge Battery" message in Power Chute, also low run-time, when you replace batteries by yourself &  Accurate calibration )

We are now friends with Alexei, and I am obligated to him, he helped me due special favor by offering to me a used micro-controller (CPU) for my SUA1000XL which was injured by lighting surge to ground (earth) .
Entire UPS this is undamaged but extreme electrostatic charge killed the most sensitive part in it, this micro-controller (CPU) .
WWW.ITTSB.EU   Industrial Test Tools Scoreboard  (Product Reviews Blog) / Editor in Chief.
The content of this Web site is copyright protected

Online Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
  • job title: Industrial Maintenance Electrician
Re: APC Smart UPS repair tips and software offered by APC-Fix at Belarus
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2017, 04:13:00 PM »
It looks that I forgot to add my follow up and Happy End of my story.

I did circuit analysis (centimeter by centimeter) over my APC 1000XL and several measurements over components so to discover which part failed.
After such truly in-depth PCB analysis everything looked correct, and even startup circuit which this activates the CPU.

As soon new part arrived to Greece thanks to and to a third person whom helped at handling international shipping,  this used working CPU, it did boot up and made my ups operational again.

From my latest experience I am now aware that CPU it self, this does not hold any ups model specific information's.
Such ups model id information's they stored elsewhere.   
CPU executes commands, this is what it is designed to do.

Naturally after watching my ups this returning back to life due this CPU exchange, I did feel extreme joy.
1) My circuit analysis and conclusion was 100% correct 
2) One expensive and well made piece of equipment this it did revive and it will continue to protect my workshop from energy related issues.

WWW.ITTSB.EU   Industrial Test Tools Scoreboard  (Product Reviews Blog) / Editor in Chief.
The content of this Web site is copyright protected

ITTSB.EU Blog

General Data Protection Regulation GDPR ITTSB.EU Home Page Reward us by a Donation - Sponsorship TsDMMViewer Data Logger for FLUKE 884xA

ITTSB Blog - Sponsors

protosnet.com - Internet solutions FLUKE benchtop DMM Repair Services

Recommended Links

Hellenic Accreditation System E.SY.D. Portal of city Volos - Greece Clean Up and Customize Facebook Firefox Backup Tool 32bit / 64 bit Winaero Tweaker = Win7 Fonts size fix