!!

Welcome to our Forum, extension and content sharing platform of Electrical Test and Measurement Product Reviews Blog.

Registration this is Free, we accept contributors of 17 years old and above. We do not accept registration with Gmail

Active since 7 June 2012  

Copyright Notice: Entire ITTSB.EU content & images they are copyright protected. - Forum search engine disabled to Guests - No need of you using Adblock software.

Author Topic: NEW YUASA 12V Lead Acid battery and proper activation method.  (Read 3679 times)

Online Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
  • job title: Industrial Maintenance Electrician
NEW YUASA 12V Lead Acid battery and proper activation method.
« on: December 04, 2015, 12:07:01 PM »
Some battery makers they do offer lead acid activation tips and others do not.
I have the same HONDA AX-1 motorcycle since 1992 and I love it driving style and durability, this is now 24 years at my hands and I have replace about ten YTX7L-BS and also I did experiments by using the improved YTZ7S (Supposedly 130A crank amperes VS 100A of YTX series) which it did not shown worthy regarding longevity.
And neither shown worthy the latest Lithium Ion version which this gave to me start up issues at cold weather and tremendously poor stand-by time (when the motorcycle this is parked for a few days).

Today by choice decided to invest at standard  YTX7L-BS TAIWAN by rejecting China Version and the most expensive Japanese version, for a simple reason, neither one offer remarkable longevity, and I like to believe that this Taiwanese version, this is a good middle point regarding quality and price.

Regarding my own Tips for you about Lead Acid and proper activation method.
I will present them in the form of steps.

1) Install the bottle with the acid and let it flow.

2) Never remove the acid bottle (transparent) until following all steps bellow.

3) As soon acid this is in place a chemical reaction starts right away, internal battery temperature this rising to 40C,  leave the battery as time needed so this to cool down and return at room temperature.

4)  Start first charge by using nominal charging current, in this battery this is at 700mA, charging voltage this is 14.4V
Use power supply with current limiter and leave it to charge.

5) As soon the battery this is close to END of charge and it temperature is close to room temperature (charging current 150mA at 14.4V), then remove the empty acid canister and install the supplied shield cover.

THE GAIN from all this correct battery activation procedure, is that all moisture in the form of vapors this returning back to the battery, additional no overheat caused and all internal plates them are not stressed due the activation process.

Duration: Acid filling and cooling approximately two hours, charging approximately another six hours.

Happy driving with your new battery.  8)

WWW.ITTSB.EU   Industrial Test Tools Scoreboard  (Product Reviews Blog) / Editor in Chief.
The content of this Web site is copyright protected

ITTSB.EU Blog

General Data Protection Regulation GDPR ITTSB.EU Home Page Reward us by a Donation - Sponsorship TsDMMViewer Data Logger for FLUKE 884xA

ITTSB Blog - Sponsors

protosnet.com - Internet solutions FLUKE benchtop DMM Repair Services

Recommended Links

Hellenic Accreditation System E.SY.D. Portal of city Volos - Greece Clean Up and Customize Facebook Firefox Backup Tool 32bit / 64 bit Winaero Tweaker = Win7 Fonts size fix