!!

Welcome to our Forum, extension and content sharing platform of Electrical Test and Measurement Product Reviews Blog.

Registration this is Free, we accept contributors of 17 years old and above. We do not accept registration with Gmail

Active since 7 June 2012  

Copyright Notice: Entire ITTSB.EU content & images they are copyright protected. - Forum search engine disabled to Guests - No need of you using Adblock software.

Author Topic: For electrician’s cyclists’: ABS-02V V-brake pad with top performance in 2015  (Read 3975 times)

Online Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
  • job title: Industrial Maintenance Electrician
By replacing at my bicycle those ten years old no-name brake pads with new, I did immediately lost the feeling of reliable braking.

By this post I do share my personal recommendation after testing this new product ABS-02V to fathers and sons with out second thoughts.

Only few months ago I become aware that braking capacity with aluminum rims has to do with the actual chemistry of the pads.
By inspecting my old well performing ones I did notice metallic particles mixed with the rubber.
Today technology it seems that it did shrink the metal particles in to dust and the new similar in properties compound seems as unified.

Taiwan is again the mother of this technology, and today it seems that orange color is the only visual evidence that you getting such metal oxide based pads.

In the beginning of my quest I discovered very positive feedback about specific pads coming from Cool-stop brand in USA.
With some more in-depth research discovered the Asian high-performing version, and I thought to try them.
In the beginning I got one set of pads and install them at the back rim, and definably a tremendous difference shown immediately.
Because the first experiment cost me 8.5 EUR I thought to get the same product from a different than Baradine distributor and the second experiment cost me 5.50EUR shipped.

Today I can say that product quality is identical regarding distributors, and the performance regarding braking capacity is restored back and even seems as further improved.

What confused me is the generic carton that most distributors use when selling their pads, at the back of the cartons there is additional instructions regarding correct placement which they do cause confusion if you do not interpreted them correctly.

In order to keep this text short I took some pictures and even modified some of them by adding details which not even the distributors properly illustrate in their web sites.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2015, 11:27:28 AM by Kiriakos GR »
WWW.ITTSB.EU   Industrial Test Tools Scoreboard  (Product Reviews Blog) / Editor in Chief.
The content of this Web site is copyright protected

ITTSB.EU Blog

General Data Protection Regulation GDPR ITTSB.EU Home Page Reward us by a Donation - Sponsorship TsDMMViewer Data Logger for FLUKE 884xA

ITTSB Blog - Sponsors

protosnet.com - Internet solutions FLUKE benchtop DMM Repair Services

Recommended Links

Hellenic Accreditation System E.SY.D. Portal of city Volos - Greece Clean Up and Customize Facebook Firefox Backup Tool 32bit / 64 bit Winaero Tweaker = Win7 Fonts size fix