!!

Welcome to our Forum, extension and content sharing platform of Electrical Test and Measurement Product Reviews Blog.

Registration this is Free, we accept contributors of 17 years old and above. We do not accept registration with Gmail

Active since 7 June 2012  

Copyright Notice: Entire ITTSB.EU content & images they are copyright protected. - Forum search engine disabled to Guests - No need of you using Adblock software.

Author Topic: UNI-T UTE9800+ Series of AC/DC Bench top Power Meter Soon in EU - Press Release  (Read 2852 times)

Offline Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
  • job title: Industrial Maintenance Electrician
UNI-T ( uni-trend ) China,  at approximately May of 2023 the brand shown at their Chinese website,  the new UNI-T UTE9800+ Series of AC/DC Bench top Power Meter.
This series include three models so far.
Two bench top power meter for AC measurements, along a third for AC/DC measurements.         

Most features rich model for AC power measurements, THD% (V+I) along harmonics review (1~50 order) due PC software this is UTE9811+
UTE9802+ (AC/DC) No harmonics
UTE9806+ (AC) No harmonics

End of August 2023, all three products also appear at international website of UNI-T.
31-8-2023  I did contact uni-trend in Germany,  and they did verify that these products are now on the way for Europe.

UNI-T ( uni-trend ) EU will present this product line at October 2023 in Germany.

The most important for now, this is the information of market price. :)
All three power meter are closely priced  at 325 ~ 385 with out VAT.

We will have to wait and see if this product series will become an attractive choice, data log and harmonics review software this is free of charge.

https://instruments.uni-trend.com/EU-EN/power-meters/2973.html

PS:
Generally speaking, UNI-T UTE9800+ Series due it market price point as NEW, it is expected to create huge damage at the market of used power meter over eBay and at business which trading second hand instruments.   
I am now connected with general manager of UNI-T ( uni-trend ) EU, and I do appreciate the trust that he demonstrated at ITTSB EU Blog.

UTE9811+
the instrument adopts the PLL method, which can accurately calculate the total harmonic distortion (THD) and each harmonic value of the voltage and current.
UNI-T documentation this is currently a bit unclear, of actual ADC bandwidth, but it does mention it adopts high speed A/D converter along 32-bit MCU operation.

Another one detail that it should be verified, this is logging internal with the PC software.
In a perfect world, I would expect when the instrument is set to 250ms sampling, to also see four measurements logged per second at the side of the software.
And when the instrument is set to 100ms, to also see ten measurements logged per second at the side of the software.   
To me it is also of importance fastest possible data log for inrush current and or of dynamic loads.   

Accuracy of Harmonic:      ±( 0.3% range +5% reading+1 character )
Display Update Rate:       0.1S, 0.25S, 0.5S, 1S, 2S, 5S
Accuracy of Power:          40Hz≤f≤70Hz:±( 0.4% reading+ 0.1 range+1 character )
Accuracy of Power Factor: ±( 0.004 + 0.001* reading +1 character )
Accuracy of Frequency:     ±(0.1% reading +1 character)
WWW.ITTSB.EU   Industrial Test Tools Scoreboard  (Product Reviews Blog) / Editor in Chief.
The content of this Web site is copyright protected

Offline overvolt

• Industrial installer Electrician
  • Global Moderator
Kiriakos appears optimistic along partially undecided.  ;)

I think that if UNI-T feels enough confidence about their work, then they will not hesitate to send a product sample in Greece.
As about data logging software, Kiriakos has review several ones, he is the expert so to pass a judgment.   

Offline Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
Kiriakos appears optimistic along partially undecided.  ;)

I think that if UNI-T feels enough confidence about their work, then they will not hesitate to send a product sample in Greece.
As about data logging software, Kiriakos has review several ones, he is the expert so to pass a judgment.

Thanks for the positive vote in my favor.  :)

All that I can say at this moment, ITTSB.EU along UNI-T EU, we are now in direct communication.
While UNI-T EU team they are friendly people, some decisions belong exclusively at the management.

Press Release this does not translate to a direct product review proposal. 
Its a fact, I do feel optimistic,  UTE9811+ has a friendly price, modern technology, but it is still untested.
WWW.ITTSB.EU   Industrial Test Tools Scoreboard  (Product Reviews Blog) / Editor in Chief.

Offline Andrew-88

• job title: Electrician
PS:
Generally speaking, UNI-T UTE9800+ Series due it market price point as NEW, it is expected to create huge damage at the market of used power meter over eBay and at business which trading second hand instruments.   
I am now connected with general manager of UNI-T ( uni-trend ) EU, and I do appreciate the trust that he demonstrated at ITTSB EU Blog.

UTE9811+
the instrument adopts the PLL method, which can accurately calculate the total harmonic distortion (THD) and each harmonic value of the voltage and current.
UNI-T documentation this is currently a bit unclear, of actual ADC bandwidth, but it does mention it adopts high speed A/D transformer and
32-bit MCU operation.

Another one detail that it should be verified, this is logging internal with the PC software.
In a perfect world, I would expect when the instrument is set to 250ms sampling, to also see four measurements logged per second at the side of the software.
And when the instrument is set to 100ms, to also see ten measurements logged per second at the side of the software.   
To me it is also of importance fastest possible data log for inrush current and or of dynamic loads.   

If I am translating correctly Kiriakos thoughts?
If UNI-T software developers they do shown as creative, only then this thing will become attractive.

October this is not far away..   ;)

Offline Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
UTE9811+[/b] the instrument adopts the PLL method, which can accurately calculate the total harmonic distortion (THD) and each harmonic value of the voltage and current.
UNI-T documentation this is currently a bit unclear, of actual ADC bandwidth, but it does mention it adopts high speed A/D transformer and
32-bit MCU operation.

After of several weeks of web research, I did explore entire China mainland and sources which also selling the AC power meter 9811, and I did discover the entire truth.
AC power meter 9811 this is an electronic design that many Chinese brands trading since the year 2016.

While THD measurement along Harmonic review, both functions belong at the list of strong points, something does not smell nice when we inspect the specification of Accuracy of Harmonic.
Accuracy of Harmonic  ±( 0.3% range +5% reading+1 character )= ±(5.3%)

The ADC story:  At my search one source mentioned that this design uses ADC able for 8k/S  = sum of 8000 levels.
These power meter actually using two ADC, one for voltage sampling and one for current sampling.
12 Bit ADC = 4096 levels,  and therefore the use of two 12 Bit ADC = 8192 in total levels per second

An third detail that UNI-Trend totally forgot to add in their documentation, this is bandwidth of 5kHz

Let's glue all pieces together and now we have a pair of 12 Bit ADC with bandwidth of 5kHz

Truly I am somewhat very disappointed, because THD and Harmonic functions comes both with very relaxed accuracy specification.
There is no chance some one to be able to compare factory DUT specification about THD and Harmonic, when the comparison point this was measured with tighter in accuracy power meter.

One third manufacturing source, this mention 9811 as in compliance with IEC61000-3-2. 
True it might be with 4th edition: IEC 61000-3-2:2014, which this is now obsolete.
Latest is 5th edition: IEC 61000-3-2:2018
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In summary, today UNI-Trend brag for fast performance this delivered at fraction of the cost VS the expensive power meter.
Accuracy of Voltage 40Hz≤f≤70Hz:±( 0.4% reading+ 0.1 range+1 character )
Accuracy of Current 40Hz≤f≤70Hz:±( 0.4% reading+ 0.1 range+1 character )
Both combined this is 1% of accuracy for VA = (Not impressive).
Class of 5.3% accuracy for THD and harmonics = ( way too relaxed)  target set by Energy Star 6.0 for Computers, we need to measure THD this not be higher of 2% at DUT equal or less than 1500W.

According my nowadays understanding, and after reading lots of bibliography about the expensive meter, 9800+ series this has weak hardware regarding measuring precision.
16 Bit ADC this would be a much better choice instead of 12 Bit, since 2008 the expensive meters using 16 Bit ADC, and we now count 15 years passed since 2008.

UNI-TREND software, This currently including support (profiles) for UTE9811+ along UTE9802+ (AC/ DC /AC+DC(T-RMS)
Final judgment if UTE9811+ and it 32 bit Digital Signal Processor (DSP) this is able to save the day, this will discovered only when at 100ms sampling, the software will be able to log a minimum of eight VA measurements per second.     

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The hart and soul of UTE9800+ Series, this is ATE (Automated Test Equipment), originally designed to be attached at factory production line, and High/Low alarm settings these added to notify the operator, in case that a product does not meet power consumption specifications (automated quality control inspection = QC).

The grandfather series this was UTE1010A 8 Bit DSP along double 8 Bit ADC ( no support of Windows PC link).
UTE1010A series never sold out of Asia, and become EOL at the year 2018.
UTE1010B (10A Max) and UTE1003B (3A Max), these it was promising PC link connectivity, but no one ever seen this combination in action.  :P
In theory 1010B model of higher resolution this should include somewhat of better DSP along ADC than base model 1010A or 1003A.
But Internet this is empty of any details confirming any electronic design superiority, because 1010B along 1003B both were extremely overpriced.
And actually four times higher the price of UTE1010A basic version, and this unreasonable pricing this killed the love.  :D

ITTSB.EU Blog

General Data Protection Regulation GDPR ITTSB.EU Home Page Reward us by a Donation - Sponsorship TsDMMViewer Data Logger for FLUKE 884xA

ITTSB Blog - Sponsors

protosnet.com - Internet solutions FLUKE benchtop DMM Repair Services

Recommended Links

Hellenic Accreditation System E.SY.D. Portal of city Volos - Greece Clean Up and Customize Facebook Firefox Backup Tool 32bit / 64 bit Winaero Tweaker = Win7 Fonts size fix