!!

Welcome to our Forum, extension and content sharing platform of Electrical Test and Measurement Product Reviews Blog.

Registration this is Free, we accept contributors of 17 years old and above. We do not accept registration with Gmail

Active since 7 June 2012  

Copyright Notice: Entire ITTSB.EU content & images they are copyright protected. - Forum search engine disabled to Guests - No need of you using Adblock software.

Author Topic: Function generators & 50 Ohm terminators, BNC LAN type, specifications.  (Read 4506 times)

Online Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
  • job title: Industrial Maintenance Electrician
By reading the specifications of my own function generator my eye fall over the suggested accessories for it.

My function generator is made at the Philips+Fluke era, and the suggested accessories all or of them made by Fluke.

The main role of those terminators are to absorbing impulses and to prevent unwanted reflections.
The suggested PM9585 Fluke terminator haves an retail price of 100$ American.

From the old days of the coaxial wiring for 10Base2, I do have two of those BNC terminators,
and I do use them when there is needed by also using a T-type BNC splitter, so to act as Feed Thru terminator.
No the best solution but it works.
What I was not aware up to date are their electrical specifications in full.   

By some Google search, I did find what I was looking for.

10 MHz / 0,5W /  (+ -1%) accuracy.

My function generator has a range up to 20MHz, by having the above BNC terminator plus the T type BNC,
I am thinking that I am good to go.
Especially when by measuring the output with a power meter,
the generator has 0,5W up to 14MHz, and at higher than that the output drops down to 0,3W at 20MHz.

If some one likes to justify the cost or the advantages of the Feed Thru terminator,
I am all ears.   :) 

Here is one cart with specifications for a 75 Ohm.
Which looks to be made with care.  ;)
WWW.ITTSB.EU   Industrial Test Tools Scoreboard  (Product Reviews Blog) / Editor in Chief.
The content of this Web site is copyright protected

ITTSB.EU Blog

General Data Protection Regulation GDPR ITTSB.EU Home Page Reward us by a Donation - Sponsorship TsDMMViewer Data Logger for FLUKE 884xA

ITTSB Blog - Sponsors

protosnet.com - Internet solutions FLUKE benchtop DMM Repair Services

Recommended Links

Hellenic Accreditation System E.SY.D. Portal of city Volos - Greece Clean Up and Customize Facebook Firefox Backup Tool 32bit / 64 bit Winaero Tweaker = Win7 Fonts size fix