!!

Welcome to our Forum, extension and content sharing platform of Electrical Test and Measurement Product Reviews Blog.

Registration this is Free, we accept contributors of 17 years old and above. We do not accept registration with Gmail

Active since 7 June 2012  

Copyright Notice: Entire ITTSB.EU content & images they are copyright protected. - Forum search engine disabled to Guests - No need of you using Adblock software.

Author Topic: Year 2024 brief history facts about Toshiba Ni-MH TNH rechargeable batteries  (Read 287 times)

Offline Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
  • job title: Industrial Maintenance Electrician
I would not bother searching for alternative solution today, this competing to Panasonic ( Sanyo ) Eneloop Ni-MH, if pricing of this entire products class was reasonable.

Something wild happened within European Union, and now Panasonic raised their products price + 35% at least.

Back in time, Panasonic ( Sanyo ) Eneloop Ni-MH this appeared as trusty and a long term solution.
I did become a trusty Eneloop customer, in the past fifteen years, and I did realize that actual Ni-MH battery cell longevity (no matter of how gentle this be used) this is no more than three to four years.
Actually in the period of four years, even slightly used Eneloop, they lose close to 40% of capacity.

At the begging of June 2024, I did start a personal research about Toshiba Ni-MH TNH Series.
Any available technical information’s they are nowhere to be found.     

Toshiba Japan, at the year 2014, they developed Ni-MH TNH series of Rechargeable batteries.
They advertised made in Japan cells, they named this as IMPULSE Series.
They never offered any estimate of product longevity in Years.
The only known technical fact, this is battery charge stored or remaining in 12 months’ time.   

Toshiba Japan, at 2021 they changed their plan or strategy. 
TNH Rechargeable batteries series, this is now made in China.
Toshiba did not bother to create relative products documentation.
No technical information, no products performance tests, no product longevity evaluation.
Even so retail product pricing, of TNH Rechargeable batteries series his is close to Panasonic.

Other interesting facts, since 2021 up to 2024, Toshiba Lifestyle Products marketing division, did not care either, to invest in favor of a product campaign regarding TNH series of Rechargeable batteries.
And the final outcome, entire distribution chain of Toshiba Ni-MH cells, this has nothing to show at consumers eyes, other than generic information printed over batteries blister packaging.

I am now truly lost in my own thoughts:
And my own and most crucial question this is, are we us in favor of rechargeable Ni-MH some sort of a bunch of idiots?

Panasonic Eneloop this now sucks blood at products pricing.
And Toshiba this does not care at all about Ni-MH battery technology which them trying to make cash from.

And these dirty games they have and one less visible side, few Chinese brand ODM at manufacturing of generic Ni-MH cells, due Ali Express market place, they are also selling at highly inflated prices (past 18 months up to now).

WWW.ITTSB.EU   Industrial Test Tools Scoreboard  (Product Reviews Blog) / Editor in Chief.
The content of this Web site is copyright protected

ITTSB.EU Blog

General Data Protection Regulation GDPR ITTSB.EU Home Page Reward us by a Donation - Sponsorship TsDMMViewer Data Logger for FLUKE 884xA

ITTSB Blog - Sponsors

protosnet.com - Internet solutions FLUKE benchtop DMM Repair Services

Recommended Links

Hellenic Accreditation System E.SY.D. Portal of city Volos - Greece Clean Up and Customize Facebook Firefox Backup Tool 32bit / 64 bit Winaero Tweaker = Win7 Fonts size fix