!!

Welcome to our Forum, extension and content sharing platform of Electrical Test and Measurement Product Reviews Blog.

Registration this is Free, we accept contributors of 17 years old and above. We do not accept registration with Gmail

Active since 7 June 2012  

Copyright Notice: Entire ITTSB.EU content & images they are copyright protected. - Forum search engine disabled to Guests - No need of you using Adblock software.

ITTSB Blog Specific > ITTSB - Small projects by Kiriakos & User reviews

RST FG-100 soldering tip thermometer proudly Made in China - Mini Review

<< < (2/4) > >>

Kiriakos GR:
Here is a new find of my own, of how its FG-100 serial code this translates.

RST brand and the mother of these FG-100, they do not have constantly active production line.
And therefore, they manufacture a fresh batch when stock availability this gets low, and actually only once annually.
(They might produce even 6000 thousands of units per Year or more.)

The code: Translates to production date plus four digits.
Production date starts from Year / Month / Day  =  8 digits

This is of how to find the batch at most FG-100 thermometer, for as long there is a sticker at the back.   

Kiriakos GR:

--- Quote from: overvolt on March 28, 2024, 06:55:40 AM ---What about the older Hakko 191 thermometer, any thoughts / comments ?

--- End quote ---

At Ali Express this meter has the highest rates at:
a) Dead on arrival
b) Not working properly

And I did decide to avoid it and never look back.

RST FG-100 this is All-in-one Chip with few only passive components at the PCB.
This detail translates to, if the chip gets in production with caution? All production will be according to specification. 

overvolt:

--- Quote from: Kiriakos GR on March 28, 2024, 09:58:04 AM ---RST FG-100 this is All-in-one Chip with few only passive components at the PCB.
This detail translates to, if the chip gets in production with caution? All production will be according to specification.

--- End quote ---

I bet that after arrival of your RST FG-100 unit, we will  read the most analytic review ever made for it.  ;)

Kiriakos GR:

--- Quote from: overvolt on March 30, 2024, 11:25:34 AM ---I bet that after arrival of your RST FG-100 unit, we will  read the most analytic review ever made for it.  ;)

--- End quote ---

I have actually today, two unit of RST FG-100 shipped to me.   8)

My first RST FG-100, this comes with fast mail (Cainiao - Ali Express)
My second RST FG-100, this comes with normal speed (Sunyou - Sypost)

The first unit will be most recent manufacturing production ( year 2023 or 2024) 
For the second unit, I have no idea as it comes from eBay drop shipper.

Therefore this is not going to be a regular mini review, but also quality control verification.  ;)   

Kiriakos GR:
Today Monday 15 April 2024 we have first RST FG100 Arrival

This is first impression that most to all Ali-Express buyers have and this is confirmed.
You get:

a) An crushed cardboard box  (this made for local storage and the seller use it for international shipping).
And or the warehouse crushed it, because they have an enormously huge pile of these in storage.

b) One RST FG-100 in good condition production 2024 - 0609 -  8822
Serial Number Translation: Year - batch number - number of specific thermometer.
Some one produce all ready 9999 units so to sale within 2024

c) One Sensor pack with out anything printed at the back of carton label = Made with love from an anonymous friend.

d) One white washer this made of soft silicon and not of Teflon.
(This might be heat resistant as is the hoses within home Steam Iron for Clothes)

And here are my first photographs gallery / Ali Express style of presentation.   :) 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

ITTSB.EU Blog

General Data Protection Regulation GDPR ITTSB.EU Home Page Reward us by a Donation - Sponsorship TsDMMViewer Data Logger for FLUKE 884xA

ITTSB Blog - Sponsors

protosnet.com - Internet solutions FLUKE benchtop DMM Repair Services

Recommended Links

Hellenic Accreditation System E.SY.D. Portal of city Volos - Greece Clean Up and Customize Facebook Firefox Backup Tool 32bit / 64 bit Winaero Tweaker = Win7 Fonts size fix
Go to full version