!!

Welcome to our Forum, extension and content sharing platform of Electrical Test and Measurement Product Reviews Blog.

Registration this is Free, we accept contributors of 17 years old and above. We do not accept registration with Gmail

Active since 7 June 2012  

Copyright Notice: Entire ITTSB.EU content & images they are copyright protected. - Forum search engine disabled to Guests - No need of you using Adblock software.

Author Topic: SKMEI 1068 Sports Digital Watches and FAKE water resistance clasification  (Read 2817 times)

Offline Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
  • job title: Industrial Maintenance Electrician
Where your imagination as consumer will travel when your read ... Water Resistance Depth: 5Bar   ( if you are up to decide for your next Sports Digital Watch? )

Only at SKMEI in China the 50M classification this translates to FAKE NEWS.

Three years ago I got a SKMEI 1253 this including CR2030 battery,  back light was really bright, but the rubber gasket at the back this were destroyed in just two years, and moister get in and the back light circuit were damaged.

I got this month the SKMEI 1068 as replacement,  because I could not find stock of SKMEI 1253 anywhere, even if I was searching for many days on-line.
What a disappointment ...  much smaller battery  CR2025 among with a very dark back-light.

CR 2030 = 240mAh
CR 2025 = 170mAh

Yes these are products sold under seven Euro as shipped from eBay,  but neither our Euros they are garbage to be trashed every two years because of a stupid rubber gasket.

SKMEI does not respect customer wallet and neither his intelligence, due the fake water depth specifications. 

The clock mechanism this is accurate, the digits are large enough for us the elder ones, but this is a product made to serve for a limited time, and this is an poor to average investment within 2020.

https://world-skmei.com/collections/mens-watches/products/skmei-1068-outdoor-sports-digital-watches?variant=23624069775460 
WWW.ITTSB.EU   Industrial Test Tools Scoreboard  (Product Reviews Blog) / Editor in Chief.
The content of this Web site is copyright protected

Offline overvolt

• Industrial installer Electrician
  • Global Moderator
Re: SKMEI 1068 Sports Digital Watches and FAKE water resistance clasification
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2020, 01:13:33 PM »
Nice watch !
Too bad for them, if their quality standards this is not worthy enough.  :)

Offline Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
  • job title: Industrial Maintenance Electrician
HONHX Sports Digital Watch 5 bar / 30M XYQ90401121BU (Year 2023)
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2023, 11:17:14 AM »
It looks that I do digital watch shopping only at summer time.   :)

I am now Beta-Tester of  HONHX Sports Digital Watch, eBay price range of 5 EUR.
Product appearance partially elusive, exterior build quality equal to digital watch for kids.
Push buttons plastic this not appear robust.
But I care for longevity, while there is no misuse this been exposed to sea water or under the sun.
Home, Office, soap your hands, that's it.

HONHX metal buckle, not of Stanley steel, an magnet this is a good test.

Ebay listing photographs not 100% accurate.
The received watch, has larger Day digits, than Date & Month.
Band material TPU .... well not expect to be that flexible as a true rubber band.

For the price tag of 5 EUR, I have so far 75% indicator of satisfaction from the actual product.  :P
There is neither winter / summer switching mode. 

If you get SKMEI watch with identical band,  then expect equal band quality.
The TPU band is made from another factory than SKMEI / HONHX .

Battery CR 2032 = 210 mAH       

https://www.ebay.com/itm/225619006345
WWW.ITTSB.EU   Industrial Test Tools Scoreboard  (Product Reviews Blog) / Editor in Chief.
The content of this Web site is copyright protected

ITTSB.EU Blog

General Data Protection Regulation GDPR ITTSB.EU Home Page Reward us by a Donation - Sponsorship TsDMMViewer Data Logger for FLUKE 884xA

ITTSB Blog - Sponsors

protosnet.com - Internet solutions FLUKE benchtop DMM Repair Services

Recommended Links

Hellenic Accreditation System E.SY.D. Portal of city Volos - Greece Clean Up and Customize Facebook Firefox Backup Tool 32bit / 64 bit Winaero Tweaker = Win7 Fonts size fix