!!

Welcome to our Forum, extension and content sharing platform of Electrical Test and Measurement Product Reviews Blog.

Registration this is Free, we accept contributors of 17 years old and above. We do not accept registration with Gmail

Active since 7 June 2012  

Copyright Notice: Entire ITTSB.EU content & images they are copyright protected. - Forum search engine disabled to Guests - No need of you using Adblock software.

Author Topic: 10-2023 My new Crimping Tool for RJ45/RJ11 UGREEN NW136 70683 Mini Review  (Read 4249 times)

Offline Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
  • job title: Industrial Maintenance Electrician
I am getting ready for a new project at my workshop.  :)

I am going to replace / renew all my LAN wiring at my workshop.
a) Two workstations connection
b) Two RJ45 female wall plug as permanent extensions.

Parts list:
CAT6 UTP 23AWG 250MHz
Year 2022: CAT6 RJ45 crystal head (closed type) Modular plug UGREEN NW120 60558
Strain relief Boot for Modular plug (carefully chosen diameter according to my cable, warranted tight fit).

And finally my new Crimping Tool UGREEN NW136 70683  :)

Intro:

UGREEN China, this is a new formed (2022) distribution channel of few and specific tools along RJ45 plugs, and their portfolio mainly induces several electronic gadgets.
In order UGREEN to gain partners in EU, UK and at the west world, they distribute carefully selected goods regarding durability and quality.
Unfortunately for them, they are not well organized speaking of quality of offered documentation for their products.
Their way for products promotion this is them using a bunch of product photographs.

Crimping Tool for RJ45/RJ11 UGREEN NW136 70683:
This is actually Taiwanese product design, and it is actually the recently Modernized Pro'sKit  CP-376CN
Modernized = New permanently installed Handle fixing ring
First rev. of UGREEN NW136, this has some sort of removable buckle of hardened wire this forming a clip.
(The third brother this is AMPCOM AM-318 Hong Kong brand, this aiming USA market)

UGREEN NW120 60558, this includes all good points of  Pro'sKit  CP-376CN.
Made of Q235 alloy steel
Very Good design of RJ45 Crimper along Ratchet mechanism.
The assisting RJ45 locating block, this is another innovation, which  this keeps the crystal head  (UTP) totally in line, prior the in-full activation of the crimping block.
(Shielded RJ45 clips do not require this extra help)

The crimping block this elevates uniformly too = Perfect action and no pins tilting.
The last significant detail which makes this product design special, is the year which this tool were designed.
Its modern, its powerful, it designed to crimp over solid wires.
Most technicians are not aware that 90% of crimping tools able to crimp and RJ45 and telephone plugs, they are mainly designed to crimp over soft wires (not solid).

The old hybrid crimper for telephone clips + RJ45, when used at RJ45 and solid wires, this has a very shortened life cycle.
All such tools are made of low quality steel, their retail pricing this starts from 2~3 USD  in China and or 5~10 Euro to us (hardware store EU).

So what do you get for your 13 Euro with VAT in Europe?
You get a much better constructed tool,  of Q235 alloy steel, product design this primarily serving RJ45 + solid wires, plus a dedicated cutter for CAT5/CAT6 solid, along with two adjustable wire strippers for round and flat cables.

Unfortunately this UGREEN NW136 (CP-376CN) has never been reviewed properly by any one.           
I did purchase the tool locally in Greece, in a week I will have my very own photographs so to demonstrate.
And a mini review will follow.  ;)   

WWW.ITTSB.EU   Industrial Test Tools Scoreboard  (Product Reviews Blog) / Editor in Chief.
The content of this Web site is copyright protected

Offline Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
Few more history facts about this specific tool.
UGREEN or Pro's Kit or AMPCOM, all these specific tools are made at the same factory in Shanghai China (PRC).

Most weird thing is that only AMPCOM demonstrates spare sharp blades for it.
Now I am hunting to find a source for spare blades of SK5 material :P   

What Pro's Kit mention as CP-376CN The assisting RJ45 locating block this is misinformation, actually this is the crimper die for RJ45, which this is a longer plug in comparison to RJ11 telephone clip.
The actual crimping die for RJ11 this is over the internal metal block.

In summary:
One double external die for cable insulation crimping (RJ45 / RJ11).
Inner die for RJ11
External Die for RJ45 (die for RJ45 this has two ends protruding, but these does not touch the RJ45 housing). 

Critical note: Never aloud external die for RJ45 this to strike or having an impact over another metal tool.
This part must always kept clean, dust free, and not polluted with any lubrication oil.
In other words a soft carrying case this is absolutely necessary.   
WWW.ITTSB.EU   Industrial Test Tools Scoreboard  (Product Reviews Blog) / Editor in Chief.

Offline Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
An quick update about these RJ45 clips.

The UGREEN RJ45 are identical with ones branded as AMPCOM (Hong Kong Brand).
From AMPCOM website I did learned much more.

Actual description: One-piece modular plug
Translation = RJ45 Plug with internal load-bar (all in one).

I did solve also one question of my own, and this was if this sort of triangulation placement of its wire next to its other, this is some sort of standard?
No its not.
This is simply a method or tweak about gaining more space at the strict dimensions of single RJ45 plug, so even largest diameter of single core insulation to fit within the clip (plug).
So its all a tweak about mechanical management, and this has no influence at LAN cable operation.     

Offline Andrew-88

• job title: Electrician
In summary:
One double external die for cable insulation crimping (RJ45 / RJ11).
Inner die for RJ11
External Die for RJ45 (die for RJ45 this has two ends protruding, but these does not touch the RJ45 housing). 

No one likes to do marketing in favor of a hollow RJ45 port  :-X
So all are using extra words as decoration.

My wish list, several close up photographs of the damn RJ45 port.  ;)
My first impression after the read of what you wrote, you did pinch my interest about it.

Offline Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
My wish list, several close up photographs of the damn RJ45 port.  ;)
My first impression after the read of what you wrote, you did pinch my interest about it.

Noted ..

12.90 € for the Greek market.
Three days ago was 10.50 € special offer but not any more.
At special offer period I was still undecided because I was looking for a tool at 45E price range.

When I did make my mind, the special offer was not there any more, and so 12.90 € the lowest price in Greece for as long stock lasts.  :)

https://www.e-shop.gr/crimping-tool-for-rj45-rj11-ugreen-nw136-70683-p-TLS.141390

Offline Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
Unboxing of UGREEN NW120 60558

My ancient crimping tool for telephone plugs, this failed at my first attempt to crimp UGREEN RJ45 plug.

Offline Andrew-88

• job title: Electrician
My ancient crimping tool for telephone plugs, this failed at my first attempt to crimp UGREEN RJ45 plug.

True, but your point about the poor performance of crimping tools for telephone plugs, when these used for RJ45 and solid wires, this is confirmed with proofs. 

At your expert hands the new NW136 this will last for a life time.  ;)

Offline overvolt

• Industrial installer Electrician
  • Global Moderator

What is your first impression regarding plugs build quality?

Offline Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu

What is your first impression regarding plugs build quality?
They are good.
Contacts pin are wide according to specifications.
Plastic housing its not oversized.

Crimping:
They are high side and low side wires, high side wires these are crimped first.
Low side wires these are crimped last,  my old tool this collapsed at this last step, and I am not sure now that I have a complete crimping.  :P

Today I did elevate the priority of the delivery of the new tool (I told them that I am a Professional).
In the next 48 hours I will have it.  ;)

Offline Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
Re: 10-2023 My new Crimping Tool for RJ45/RJ11 UGREEN NW136 70683 Mini Review
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2023, 11:57:23 PM »
My Crimping tool arrived today.  :)
I did experienced too many surprises, for example you do see over the internet tenths of this product photographs, some are 3D illustration (software made), others are true photographs but of unknown date.
In the end, the real thing that you get will be latest product revision imported in your country.

My UGREEN NW136 this is manufactured at 12-2022 (Year 2023 revision).
The packaging included two SK5 spare blades (nowhere was written this information).
The tool has spring-loaded mechanism and no internal ratchet mechanism, in other words its quiet and has smooth motion.
The tool arrived lubricated from the factory (good news) ;)
Striping blade and result = excellent
Cutting blade and result = excellent
Crimping RJ45 and result = excellent
Handle design = excellent

Handle fixing ring: This has two uses, locket position for storage and locket position when you do cable striping.
How to: Release handle fixing ring, insert the cable for striping, now lock again the handle fixing ring, rotate the tool once 180 degree's, and now pull the cable.   

Major negative product design issue:
The RJ45 8P Head Pressure Port this is unable to hold the RJ45 CAT6 crystal connector clipped inside.
You are forced to hold the wire with the connector by the hand all the way in and then simultaneously to perform the crimping.

My older tool this had precision RJ45 8P port, and it could hold the RJ45 connector anchored inside due the RJ45 connector lever.
After crimping you were obligated to use again RJ45 lever so the connector to free-up from the tool.   

Old dog - New tricks ( It might be so)  :)

For today a few special images (due my flatbed scanner) from the packaging (Year 2023 Greece), and tomorrow (with the day light) a few special close-up pictures of the hardware.

Offline Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2023, 09:59:20 PM »
Houston we have the usual problem with the Chinese morons ... 

Too much dancing and eating of moon-cakes, and lots of lies and cheating at the quality control of their products.
Nothing can hide under my Japanese digital camera especially when Macro lens are attached. 

1) Electron painting coat over the tool this is a bad joke, especially when tool surface this were polluted with slight rust before gets painted.

2) An screw found also with significant amount of rust over it head.

3) Both crimping dies they were never finished properly at manufacturing, while my photographs they have a voice of their own, the crimping dies need sandpaper work 1200 grade, so them to improve enough according the Japanese standards of manufacturing.

4) I never thought that I will be forced take apart a New hand tool, so to perform work that the factory it should do at the production line.
I am European, this is a local buy with warranty, but there is no reinsurance that entire production this is any different from this best example.

Some one might think of these issues as minor, and he is wrong, within year 2023 if China is unable to deliver rust free hand tools, along respectable finish at crimping dies, they should return at the farming fields and leave the manufacturing to us Europeans.     

Offline Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2023, 10:28:23 PM »
This is my first purchase of hand tool after a period of approximately ten years, all my tool boxes are full of branded tools which I always use them correctly, and also care for them by cleaning them, lubricate them and protect them.

Despite the poor manufacturing work in China at product finish process, I did find some joy at making a proper storage case for my tool, by the use of playmobil plastic suitcases.
(The ones that the Chinese charge 20 Euro for its one on eBay.)

Note: If you are sensitive with the build quality of your tools, then I will recommend you do get this tool due Pro's Kit Taiwan.
For unknown reason CP-376CN this in not exported in Europe and or in Greece.

Additionally I did test the shields (email boxes) of UGREEN and Ampcom, and both are a huge disappointment.
They are sales people unable to deliver product specifications and or to answer any technical questions.   

ITTSB.EU Blog

General Data Protection Regulation GDPR ITTSB.EU Home Page Reward us by a Donation - Sponsorship TsDMMViewer Data Logger for FLUKE 884xA

ITTSB Blog - Sponsors

protosnet.com - Internet solutions FLUKE benchtop DMM Repair Services

Recommended Links

Hellenic Accreditation System E.SY.D. Portal of city Volos - Greece Clean Up and Customize Facebook Firefox Backup Tool 32bit / 64 bit Winaero Tweaker = Win7 Fonts size fix