!!

Welcome to our Forum, extension and content sharing platform of Electrical Test and Measurement Product Reviews Blog.

Registration this is Free, we accept contributors of 17 years old and above. We do not accept registration with Gmail

Active since 7 June 2012  

Copyright Notice: Entire ITTSB.EU content & images they are copyright protected. - Forum search engine disabled to Guests - No need of you using Adblock software.

Author Topic: Mini Combination Pliers: Oiling | Cleaning | Break-in advice's Before First Use  (Read 3126 times)

Online Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
  • job title: Industrial Maintenance Electrician
Even 1 Euro coin worth of No-Name Mini pliers, these they do worth some respect and they must be prepared for service, before such a tool this actually starts serving you. 

Hand tools construction and finish this is work of a factory this be most times invisible to end consumers.
Product appearance of Carbon Steel products does not translate to quality indicator.

My new two helpers these are 115mm Long , 85 gram of weigh (its one), jaws width at 6.45mm and jaws max internal opening at approximately 11mm. 
While at mini tools, we do have also mini expectations (regarding maximum force in use), the critical point here is the Join-point of the pliers.

True cleaning due few cycles of adding lubrication (SAE 90) and removing lubrication by a cloth, this is needed so the Join-Point (Forget Connecting Axle) this to reject from it any dirt and carbon particles stacked in under the manufacturing process.
Especially at spring loaded mini-tools, cleaning due lubrication this is important so the tool to returns at full open jaws position right away.

When Oiling > Cleaning > Oiling > Cleaning this happen four times and Break-in of using the handles at approximately 100 times this is completed, then this tool it now ready for use.

The next date for maintenance (cleaning and oiling), this will arrive when you will feel that the tool action seems slow, possibly because this is now clogged with dust or rust at the pliers join point.
Any wise hand tools user, he will force him self at keeping a maintenance schedule, once every two months, any tools which has be seen some action, they will be oiled and cleaned.

Hand tools strength and fail-rate this is another story, even high priced tools also fail (in long term) due poor maintenance.
WWW.ITTSB.EU   Industrial Test Tools Scoreboard  (Product Reviews Blog) / Editor in Chief.
The content of this Web site is copyright protected

Online Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
I have just invested and another Euro coin at our local Christmas fair, everyone else looking to get sweets, but Kiriakos always looking for new opportunities.
And this time I was after of Mini long nose pliers.

It is incredible the Asian stock market of tools, such tools they get sold in quantities for 0.40 USD and they end up to USA and sold for 7$.

Lowest price in a Greek store for this category of products was at 2.40 ~ 3.0 Euro.
After in depth research on the web I did locate the factory in China (Daxin Town) of this no-name import to Greece.
I did contact them and they did answer my email, but their product flyer does not mention detailed information of material diameter and hardness that is risk free to cut with these tools.

Just to clarify, I have the feeling that these specific tools that I got,  they are class B or Class C, production which failed to be at highest Quality control standards.
While all tools are usable, the cutter at the one Mini Combination Pliers this is not precise at cutting thin telephone wire as is the second identical tool.   
The specific Mini long nose pliers seems to have molded handles made by injecting wrong color, and probably it was rejected from be Class A for this reason.  :)   

In the positive side of things when you do shopping from a basket, you have the time to inspect its one tool and to select the ones with minimal of defects. 
WWW.ITTSB.EU   Industrial Test Tools Scoreboard  (Product Reviews Blog) / Editor in Chief.

Online Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
I do not believe this .....  ;D

I just found the information on a Japanese website that: Two Component Handle this is European developed concept.

The Two component handle was developed for better holding stability even at wet weather.  ;)

ITTSB.EU Blog

General Data Protection Regulation GDPR ITTSB.EU Home Page Reward us by a Donation - Sponsorship TsDMMViewer Data Logger for FLUKE 884xA

ITTSB Blog - Sponsors

protosnet.com - Internet solutions FLUKE benchtop DMM Repair Services

Recommended Links

Hellenic Accreditation System E.SY.D. Portal of city Volos - Greece Clean Up and Customize Facebook Firefox Backup Tool 32bit / 64 bit Winaero Tweaker = Win7 Fonts size fix