!!

Welcome to our Forum, extension and content sharing platform of Electrical Test and Measurement Product Reviews Blog.

Registration this is Free, we accept contributors of 17 years old and above. We do not accept registration with Gmail

Active since 7 June 2012  

Copyright Notice: Entire ITTSB.EU content & images they are copyright protected. - Forum search engine disabled to Guests - No need of you using Adblock software.

Author Topic: Made in EU solder wire multicore tin-lead solders CYNEL PL and FELDER Germany  (Read 2325 times)

Offline Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
  • job title: Industrial Maintenance Electrician
This is a small article about solder wire with lead that is also my favorite at electronics repairs.

This week I was planning to get another one 250gr roll of Sn60Pb40 1mm, and at the local market I made the discovery of WILD pricing at 25 Euro per role ???
Usual price 5 years ago was at 13 ~14 Euro, how it is possible the pricing to become 25 Euro?

I got confused, I start thinking to buy worst Chinese solder wire instead,  but I could not do it, as I do not wish to sacrifice the high quality standards that I do deliver at my customers due my repairs.

So what are our Made in EU solder wire options within 2023?

a) FELDER  Germany Sn60Pb40 1mm
b) CYNEL     Poland   Sn60Pb40 1mm

FELDER this is more clear about products explanation and which solder wire type this is best for a specific application.
Solder wire ISO-Core "EL" this is best for PCB soldering  (thru hole soldering) along copper wires soldering.
https://www.felder.de/products/electronic-applications/manual-soldering-mechanical-soldering/solder-wire/loetdraht-iso-core-el-20601020.html

Cynel Unipress I think that I have use their solder as OEM product, I did not have any complains.
CYNEL website this is less informative, for my taste.
https://www.cynel.com.pl/en/products/99-sn60pb40-pro

The good news,
I did discover that these two compete at the same market segment and price point.
This period of time I did cast my vote at FELDER as I did succeed finding within Greece, stock at good price.
Our new problem, this is to find a local honest seller.

At eBay today its extremely hard or close to impossible to find good price.
eBay product search results, they are manipulated, in favor of Chinese Mafia stores and products, instead European product listing they get suppressed and or are almost invisible.

In conclusion, for quality solder products and chemicals (solder paste), you better use local search engines, these will direct you at very small stores, which has more reasonably pricing than other sources.
Us buying small quantity we do not have the option to negotiate the price, we can only count at how smart we are, when using internet and search engines at our benefit.  ;)
WWW.ITTSB.EU   Industrial Test Tools Scoreboard  (Product Reviews Blog) / Editor in Chief.
The content of this Web site is copyright protected

Offline Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
ISO-CoreĀ® Kolo 1mm 250g S-Sn60Pb40 FELDER
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2023, 01:41:01 PM »
Today I did receive my actual product, and say actual because product label this appeared as very confusing.

My FIRST Advice to FELDER ... STOP USING SHOE Paint as labeling ink.   >:(
40% of the label was close to unreadable ..

My SECOND Advice to FELDER ... SEND TO TRASH all OLDER catalogs from your website.

Its tremendous inconvenience, some one to try to confirm actual product picture, and to find product catalog and images of 2012 ... instead of year 2021~2023

I had to spent over an hour with pictures editor software  (Photoshop) in order to convert product label to partially readable.
And I did that because ISO-Core "Kolo" this is latest product which actually this replaces  the older  ISO-Core "EL"

BEWARE : ISO-Core "Kolo" =  could be FOUR different products, the one of interest is the S-Sn60Pb40

WWW.ITTSB.EU   Industrial Test Tools Scoreboard  (Product Reviews Blog) / Editor in Chief.

Offline overvolt

• Industrial installer Electrician
  • Global Moderator
Definable they are amateurs working at FELDER regarding products labels design, other than ink quality selection alone..

1) The LABEL, this should leave solder roll center hole free. 

2) This FELDER roll appears be of good quality, good mechanical strength.
Using it at Solder Wire Holder Stand, essential information of the label will be destroyed, and or entire label will be destroyed.

3) Google search, this delivers also a FELDER product photograph from Germany.
Product label printing issues appear here too.  :o  ( manufacturing year 2020). 

Kiriakos, received fresh stock of May 2022.   ;)

Offline Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
Kiriakos, received fresh stock of May 2022.   ;)

True ..

Charge code:
I think that seven first digits , this is for machinery production identification (specific production line),  while last four digits = MM/YY

Offline Andrew-88

• job title: Electrician
My thoughts alone. 

I would share some of the content of that drum, by winding it over another empty drum, that this is more versatile so to be used for:
Hands soldering Or Solder dispenser ..

I am in favor of practical solutions  ;)

ITTSB.EU Blog

General Data Protection Regulation GDPR ITTSB.EU Home Page Reward us by a Donation - Sponsorship TsDMMViewer Data Logger for FLUKE 884xA

ITTSB Blog - Sponsors

protosnet.com - Internet solutions FLUKE benchtop DMM Repair Services

Recommended Links

Hellenic Accreditation System E.SY.D. Portal of city Volos - Greece Clean Up and Customize Facebook Firefox Backup Tool 32bit / 64 bit Winaero Tweaker = Win7 Fonts size fix