!!

Welcome to our Forum, extension and content sharing platform of Electrical Test and Measurement Product Reviews Blog.

Registration this is Free, we accept contributors of 17 years old and above. We do not accept registration with Gmail

Active since 7 June 2012  

Copyright Notice: Entire ITTSB.EU content & images they are copyright protected. - Forum search engine disabled to Guests - No need of you using Adblock software.

Author Topic: RAID-1 performance with WD Gold 2TB WD2005FBYZ-01YCBB3  (Read 2009 times)

Offline overvolt

• Industrial installer Electrician
  • Global Moderator
Re: RAID-1 performance with WD Gold 2TB WD2005FBYZ-01YCBB3
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2024, 09:44:18 PM »
I do not have memory about reading before any HDD product review as is this one!

This including only filtered information, hardware performance results along information's relative to specific HDD maintenance tasks and even the required timing for its one.

I will add this WD Gold at my wish list too  :)
But I think that the true Gold here is the style of this presentation.

Offline Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
  • job title: Industrial Maintenance Electrician
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2024, 11:00:17 AM »
For the shake of completeness  :)  I did test and run ATTO HDD benchmark.

If some one has greater faith to ATTO benchmark he can see WD2005FBYZ RAID-1 performance at the screenshot below.
WWW.ITTSB.EU   Industrial Test Tools Scoreboard  (Product Reviews Blog) / Editor in Chief.
The content of this Web site is copyright protected

Offline Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
  • job title: Industrial Maintenance Electrician
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2024, 09:15:53 AM »
I could not resist my self, about running ATTO so to inspect my older WDC-WD740GD-00FLC0 which were replaced by the WD Gold.

Its remarkable the performance of WD Gold, not only at Large file size as this were expected.
But especially at small file size of files,  in which WD Gold this provide several times larger of  Read/Write bandwidth.   8)
At 512N (bytes)
6.6 times faster READ
10.2 times faster WRITE

In other words, this 2TB WD Gold as OS drive, this is a truly golden choice, because nothing can slowdown this beast.  ;)
WWW.ITTSB.EU   Industrial Test Tools Scoreboard  (Product Reviews Blog) / Editor in Chief.
The content of this Web site is copyright protected

ITTSB.EU Blog

General Data Protection Regulation GDPR ITTSB.EU Home Page Reward us by a Donation - Sponsorship TsDMMViewer Data Logger for FLUKE 884xA

ITTSB Blog - Sponsors

protosnet.com - Internet solutions FLUKE benchtop DMM Repair Services

Recommended Links

Hellenic Accreditation System E.SY.D. Portal of city Volos - Greece Clean Up and Customize Facebook Firefox Backup Tool 32bit / 64 bit Winaero Tweaker = Win7 Fonts size fix