!!

Welcome to our Forum, extension and content sharing platform of Electrical Test and Measurement Product Reviews Blog.

Registration this is Free, we accept contributors of 17 years old and above. We do not accept registration with Gmail

Active since 7 June 2012  

Copyright Notice: Entire ITTSB.EU content & images they are copyright protected. - Forum search engine disabled to Guests - No need of you using Adblock software.

Author Topic: Hakko AS5000 Sensor Review VS the old 191-212 Sensor  (Read 45 times)

Online Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
  • job title: Industrial Maintenance Electrician
Hakko AS5000 Sensor Review VS the old 191-212 Sensor
« on: April 08, 2024, 12:52:27 PM »
Hakko recently replaced old design of 191-212 Sensor with AS5000 Sensor.

Most to all times in a product review, actual product sample required for a close inspection, but not in this case.

Hakko marketing started talking in favor of AS5000, as this to be their next BIG THING.
I am very sorry Hakko, I do not see any magic in this new design, other than it footprint if this thing does not properly recycled when goes bad.

Just a careful visual inspection, will prove that AS5000 this not have any magical properties.
All that there is in there, it is a simple pair of thermocouple wire which has a different placement over the thermometer.

And also there is to it one washer of fireproof material, which this will lower the temperature recovery time of the sensor.
I can also describe this fireproof washer, as add-on heatsink or a cooling radiator.

I also think that measurement precision marketing of Hakko in favor of AS5000 as a simple firework.
Thermocouple wire this is standardized at production factory, then it sold by the kilogram.

=======================================================
Hakko AS5000 Sensor Review

It appears that previews manufacturing process of old 191-212 Sensor this were leaving some room for error.
191-212 Sensor this is just two pieces of thermocouple wire,  and  the way that this would be anchored ( twisted pairs), it can not be uniform all times.

In order to make a number of ten identically manufactured 191-212 Sensor it is required high precision machinery too,  and production site inspection so the customer to not receive product with defects.
In the case of AS5000 Sensor, its obvious that Hakko looked their own benefit as first, of a more easy manufacturing process for them.
And now they toss away their manufacturing cost at the side of consumer.

Therefore and in conclusion, YES identically formed sensor they do deliver identical results, even with out thinking electrical calibration.
Its all about identical use of thermocouple wire length,  identical use of thermocouple wire termination (end to end), and the identical dimensions of this fireproof washer.

Unfortunately for Hakko,  thermocouple wire specification alone, the best ones has +/- 1.2 C or percent of error.
And most Hakko thermometer these has +/- 3.0 C or percent of error.

This is a total of  +/- 4.2 C or percent of error.     

Example at 400C
400 + 16.8 = 416,8 Celsius
and or
400 - 16.8 = 395,8 Celsius

I am glad that Hakko dare to speak of electrical calibration,  because my math producing an total of Error window of  21 Celsius  :P
While electronic component manufacturer they require Error at soldering temperature of 10 Celsius as max.

=================================================================================

WWW.ITTSB.EU   Industrial Test Tools Scoreboard  (Product Reviews Blog) / Editor in Chief.
The content of this Web site is copyright protected

ITTSB.EU Blog

General Data Protection Regulation GDPR ITTSB.EU Home Page Reward us by a Donation - Sponsorship TsDMMViewer Data Logger for FLUKE 884xA

ITTSB Blog - Sponsors

protosnet.com - Internet solutions FLUKE benchtop DMM Repair Services

Recommended Links

Hellenic Accreditation System E.SY.D. Portal of city Volos - Greece Clean Up and Customize Facebook Firefox Backup Tool 32bit / 64 bit Winaero Tweaker = Win7 Fonts size fix