!!

Welcome to our Forum, extension and content sharing platform of Electrical Test and Measurement Product Reviews Blog.

Registration this is Free, we accept contributors of 17 years old and above. We do not accept registration with Gmail

Active since 7 June 2012  

Copyright Notice: Entire ITTSB.EU content & images they are copyright protected. - Forum search engine disabled to Guests - No need of you using Adblock software.

Author Topic: Miyama MJ-033 Micro IC Test Clip / Grabber / JAPAN - Mini Review  (Read 45 times)

Offline Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
  • job title: Industrial Maintenance Electrician
One decade back I had purchase one pair of Micro IC Test Clip / Grabber, back then at eBay these were presented as 3M Test Clip, the logo was unclear but I was happy with the text Made in Japan = quality.

Nowadays I wanted to find them and use them in a special application, because this MJ-033 Micro Clip it has special abilities.
The hook is small but wide, with exceptionally low contact resistance.
My contact point is a pin with 2.3mm diameter and MJ-033 Micro Clip this by 100% a perfect fit.

With a bit of in-depth internet search, for a fist time I did discover the REAL factory and this is MIYAMA ELECTRIC CO., LTD. (Japan).
It is interesting that this brand has in production only three codes of IC clips, and three sizes of alligator clips, and nothing else about test leads.

MJ-033 Micro Clip this made of phosphor-bronze which is special alloy this assisting in favor of hardness and long product life.
Miyama not only use phosphor-bronze, but it also made wide the hook, this able to handle 1A continues, and also paid attention to plastic insulation.
ACV 125V /1A  (125VA) continues
DCV 500V
Voltage breakdown AC 1500V for 1 Minute 

Probe body length (excluding hook) 55.5mm.

https://miyama-electric.com/clip/

=====================================
My setup of test leads include, a pair of FLUKE DMM test lead with banana plug end point, 15 centimeter long wires, and Miyama MJ-033 in the end.

In summary, this is an excellent clip, and when it is paired with wire from DMM test leads (soft silicon), then it becomes by far more easy to use, and there is no chance to be disappointed. :)

In the negative side of things and especially for EU, its difficult to find good price and wide availability.
Best price per clip = 2 Euro in Germany.   
WWW.ITTSB.EU   Industrial Test Tools Scoreboard  (Product Reviews Blog) / Editor in Chief.
The content of this Web site is copyright protected

Offline Andrew-88

• job title: Electrician
Re: Miyama MJ-033 Micro IC Test Clip / Grabber / JAPAN - Mini Review
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2024, 08:27:14 AM »
Another battlefront of Beryllium copper vs phosphor bronze? 
Or phosphor bronze vs Chinese recycled copper ? :)

Chinese recycled copper this is full of dissimilar metals, which is always a formed alloy of unknown properties.
MJ-033 this easily gets classified as a decent and branded solution.

Miyama has tiny range of clips and alligators, and greater range of power switches and even miniature ones, and therefore there is no doubt that phosphor bronze quality this is identical with the one used at all of their other products.
They give 1A continues and up to 125V AC / 500V DC insulation, this is no toy clip.   

Offline Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
  • job title: Industrial Maintenance Electrician
Re: Miyama MJ-033 Micro IC Test Clip / Grabber / JAPAN - Mini Review
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2024, 03:56:25 PM »
I do advertise them, as well performing and a honest product.  :)

Technology moves forward its single day, the Micro IC Test Clip of year 2005, this might be still usable in to something else.

WWW.ITTSB.EU   Industrial Test Tools Scoreboard  (Product Reviews Blog) / Editor in Chief.
The content of this Web site is copyright protected

ITTSB.EU Blog

General Data Protection Regulation GDPR ITTSB.EU Home Page Reward us by a Donation - Sponsorship TsDMMViewer Data Logger for FLUKE 884xA

ITTSB Blog - Sponsors

protosnet.com - Internet solutions FLUKE benchtop DMM Repair Services

Recommended Links

Hellenic Accreditation System E.SY.D. Portal of city Volos - Greece Clean Up and Customize Facebook Firefox Backup Tool 32bit / 64 bit Winaero Tweaker = Win7 Fonts size fix