!!

Welcome to our Forum, extension and content sharing platform of Electrical Test and Measurement Product Reviews Blog.

Registration this is Free, we accept contributors of 17 years old and above. We do not accept registration with Gmail

Active since 7 June 2012  

Copyright Notice: Entire ITTSB.EU content & images they are copyright protected. - Forum search engine disabled to Guests - No need of you using Adblock software.

Author Topic: UNI-T UT612 HH LCR is out, but low pricing killed quality once more.  (Read 7734 times)

Online Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
  • job title: Industrial Maintenance Electrician
I do watch the market very closely and I do get excited when something worthy pop out in the streets.
UNI-T started the distribution of those UT612 Hand Held LCR.
With a quick look you can not see much, the specifications looks alike with many other and higher priced HH LCR.

Did UNI-T found the secret of making the best product as LCR which retails at about 150$ shipped from China?
Unfortunately for my readers this LCR treasure is not comparable with the known other options.

Part of what we paying when buying a well made LCR are also the software that comes with it.

In my review of the DER EE DE-5000 LCR, you will find a picture of the LCR software that comes with it.
The amazing to it is not just the functionality regarding data logging and spare parts comparison.
The software in cooperation with the LCR is capable to display on your computer screen the sum of the parameters which are getting instantly calculated.
By this function your computer screen helps the meter to display further more information’s that is the strong point of the bench top LCR meters.
The UNI-T software looks poorly made and I believe that they made a huge mistake about cutting corners to it.

The UT612 looks incapable for true four wires measurements.
The offered tweezers with this poorly made implementation of four banana jacks it can not convince me.
Those soft pads (key switches) looks to offer limited control regarding setting the meter in manual modes.

The display looks to have issues with the viewing angle, but this an impression that I got by looking allot of pictures from it.
I could be wrong?  Some times the manufacturer designs a product by having in mind that most times it would be used flat-down on the bench, rather than be used on the tilt bail.

From my recent experiences with the Agilent and the DER EE LCR meter’s the most valuable finding was about the tremendously significance of the meter about acting stably in every type of measurement, plus speed, and repeatable results with out error.

I am not writing those lines as a customer beware topic, but be very cautious when something looks to good to be true.

Naturally the engineers of UNI-T did their best about this offering, but what really matter are our expectations to be 100% fulfilled by buying a product.

WWW.ITTSB.EU   Industrial Test Tools Scoreboard  (Product Reviews Blog) / Editor in Chief.
The content of this Web site is copyright protected

ITTSB.EU Blog

General Data Protection Regulation GDPR ITTSB.EU Home Page Reward us by a Donation - Sponsorship TsDMMViewer Data Logger for FLUKE 884xA

ITTSB Blog - Sponsors

protosnet.com - Internet solutions FLUKE benchtop DMM Repair Services

Recommended Links

Hellenic Accreditation System E.SY.D. Portal of city Volos - Greece Clean Up and Customize Facebook Firefox Backup Tool 32bit / 64 bit Winaero Tweaker = Win7 Fonts size fix