!!

Welcome to our Forum, extension and content sharing platform of Electrical Test and Measurement Product Reviews Blog.

Registration this is Free, we accept contributors of 17 years old and above. We do not accept registration with Gmail

Active since 7 June 2012  

Copyright Notice: Entire ITTSB.EU content & images they are copyright protected. - Forum search engine disabled to Guests - No need of you using Adblock software.

Author Topic: History facts Tektronix DMM4050 & Fluke 8846A 6.5 digit warranty / repair 2019  (Read 19152 times)

Online Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
  • job title: Industrial Maintenance Electrician
ITTSB Blog has DOUBLE GOOD NEWS to share within the beginning of 2020    8)

First good news comes from FLUKE as they include 8845A & 8846A in their German 2020~2021 Product catalog.
This translates that specific products will not declared EOL  any time soon, and also that FLUKE will maintain available stock of relative spare parts.

Second in the line of good news this is that I did motivate a Japanese software developer and together we will cooperate within 2020 in the development of software support of 884X multimeter due RS-232 so this to operate with a FREE Data logging software which this previously was supporting only portable multimeter.  :)
Within 2018~2019 we did cooperated again about improvements in favor of BRYMEN BM869 and it 500.000 counts support.   

My work as beta tester starts approximately at the end of January.

WWW.ITTSB.EU   Industrial Test Tools Scoreboard  (Product Reviews Blog) / Editor in Chief.
The content of this Web site is copyright protected

Online Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
In case that anyone think getting TEK parts from UK and he is outside of it, the screenshot below this it does answer the question. 

And now imagine that this unreasonable Tektronix policy, this is active the entire period, that UK it was within European Union.
And therefore Tektronix this violates FREE TRADE policy within EU

I am not in the mood using legal actions against Tektronix because I have better things to do,  them be more productive and more helpful to my own self.
But regarding Tektronix: They did dig their own grave by their own hands and fall inside.

The UK seller : He simply following such unreasonable policies because his Wallet Size this has a Higher Value than making  European customers happy.
WWW.ITTSB.EU   Industrial Test Tools Scoreboard  (Product Reviews Blog) / Editor in Chief.

Online Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
This time I am exploring LAN Chip in use at 8846A,  it is interesting that it can handle 137 meters long cable, I am assuming at 10BASE-TX  :)

Online Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
Thanks to Fluke Calibration I got the information of RS232 Port Chip in use at 8846A   :)

http://www.ti.com/lit/ds/symlink/max3232.pdf

MAX3232 this is a product released at January 2000 and PDF this is lastly revised at June 2017.

Online Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
End of April I made my self a gift for my upcoming birthday at 10 of May, this is the ordering of replacement FLUKE 8846A VFD class alone.
This is just the glass including dot active elements and its one driven by it own driver chip this be also enclosed within the glass.

I am also planning a few more part upgrades, but I will announce them later on.   8)

Online Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
8 of May 2020. 
I did made and pay my FLUKE parts order, so my multimeter to be restored regarding aesthetics and rubber keypad in to as NEW condition.
Spare Parts arrival it might take several weeks to be delivered at FLUKE authorized seller in Greece.

But I do not care about shipping delay, my multimeter will regain it FLUKE identity and I will leave behind  the worst experience ever that is to be a TEKTRONIX customer.   :)

Offline cluca1969

• job title: Electronics developer
I'm glad to hear some news from you regarding your Fluke benchtop. I hope they reach you as soon as possible.

Online Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
I'm glad to hear some news from you regarding your Fluke benchtop. I hope they reach you as soon as possible.

You may expect a first class demonstration of all parts on arrival.   ;)

Offline cluca1969

I'm sure that's going to happen.

Online Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
Quick update ... Part order of  VFD class module from Japan this arrived 22 of May (after 18 days) at Noritake EU (Germany) and 22 of May this is reshipped to Greece with UPS carrier.   :)

I am now assuming that this Japan to Germany journey this required less travel time,  but some sort of delay added due German customs and clearance.

Offline cluca1969

Nice to hear fresh news from you. I hope you receive them as soon as possible.

Online Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
One oversized box arrived today at ITTSB Blog headquarters  :)

Prior opening the box I got a few souvenirs so to share with our readers.
First impression so far, Noritake Japan this taking very seriously the SAFE transport of their VFD' Glass parts .   

ITTSB.EU Blog

General Data Protection Regulation GDPR ITTSB.EU Home Page Reward us by a Donation - Sponsorship TsDMMViewer Data Logger for FLUKE 884xA

ITTSB Blog - Sponsors

protosnet.com - Internet solutions FLUKE benchtop DMM Repair Services

Recommended Links

Hellenic Accreditation System E.SY.D. Portal of city Volos - Greece Clean Up and Customize Facebook Firefox Backup Tool 32bit / 64 bit Winaero Tweaker = Win7 Fonts size fix