!!

Welcome to our Forum, extension and content sharing platform of Electrical Test and Measurement Product Reviews Blog.

Registration this is Free, we accept contributors of 17 years old and above. We do not accept registration with Gmail

Active since 7 June 2012  

Copyright Notice: Entire ITTSB.EU content & images they are copyright protected. - Forum search engine disabled to Guests - No need of you using Adblock software.

Author Topic: Electrical measurments Test Leads CAT III / BEWARE the Dishonest sellers on eBay  (Read 4890 times)

Online Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
  • job title: Industrial Maintenance Electrician
In the search for piercing probes, pincer clips, and all sort of 4mm banana type modular test leads it is 80% possible when shopping on eBay to become victim of fraud.
And more specifically to be overcharged by paying four times more than the regular street price.

I am writing this topic by been manipulated or better scammed by one of those two sellers on eBay which carry in their mercerize the most popular electrical accessories for test leads produced by the factory of Changzhou Amass Electronics Co.,Ltd
http://china-amass.com/products.asp?in_classid=185&classid=193&classname=Test+Probe%26Clip

PDF files for AMMAS products. http://www.piekarz.pl/?group=3

Amass Electronics Co.,Ltd does it job and it does it well by offering tremendous competitive pricing but for a minimum quantity of 1000 products order.

As example I will mention the piercing probe which looks alike with the SKS Hirschmann KLEPS 2700 4 mm Clip terminal.
This product is also available by FLUKE by the code AC89 and it is work of Hirschmann.

The story gets complex when this 100% Chinese version of this product which circulates by it original part code and also for OEM purposes with many:
Original : 20.168   
Ebay: 1pair Insulated Piercing Non-destructive Cable Professional Pro Meter 12-0006

It is get out from the factory door at the price of  0.70$ American the most.

Now as consumer I do accept the fact that this price will get as high as 4-5$ in the retail channels.
I am very familiar with the art of trading, I was have for some years even my own shop, therefore I am experienced.

Now this resemblance of the specific item of Amass Electronics with the part of  Hirschmann (KLEPS 2700) it is heavily molested by those guys on eBay, the one looks based in Singapore even if on eBay they claim to be Hong Kong, China.

The long story in sort,  I did pay 24$ ( 17.98 EUR) for two of those piercing probes, and I did that in good faith, but when I received the goods with 25 days shipping instead even regular, by paying this mega RIPOFF price, I did explode.

I am adding pictures of the two probes, the design and functionality looks alike, what some one will trust of the two in long term is not my business.   

What it worth to be noted is that if you are interested for the product line of Amass Electronics Co.,Ltd they are at list four honest sellers in Poland so to serve you, and possibly many more in Europe.
My suggestion is to better avoid eBay and do some local searching first.

In my age of 44 years old I have feel like an idiot for about seven times so far regarding similar cases, and I think that it is a good score.

WWW.ITTSB.EU   Industrial Test Tools Scoreboard  (Product Reviews Blog) / Editor in Chief.
The content of this Web site is copyright protected

Online Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
  • job title: Industrial Maintenance Electrician
This is an update (This coming with a bit of delay).

End of 2015 AMASS factory changed their production lines and now they make DC power connectors only.

March 2017 IEC made an update this redefine test leads manufacturing rules, especially of ones claim CAT IV (4) compliance.
Therefore be careful when you select test leads for applications of  220V - 380V - or higher.
Old stock of test leads in some cases may be now outdated.

IEC 61010-2-034: 2017
Safety requirements for electrical equipment for measurement, control, and laboratory use - Part 2-034: Particular requirements for measurement equipment for insulation resistance and test equipment for electric strength

WWW.ITTSB.EU   Industrial Test Tools Scoreboard  (Product Reviews Blog) / Editor in Chief.
The content of this Web site is copyright protected

ITTSB.EU Blog

General Data Protection Regulation GDPR ITTSB.EU Home Page Reward us by a Donation - Sponsorship TsDMMViewer Data Logger for FLUKE 884xA

ITTSB Blog - Sponsors

protosnet.com - Internet solutions FLUKE benchtop DMM Repair Services

Recommended Links

Hellenic Accreditation System E.SY.D. Portal of city Volos - Greece Clean Up and Customize Facebook Firefox Backup Tool 32bit / 64 bit Winaero Tweaker = Win7 Fonts size fix